OFSC "Stay Connected" Events Section

DaveTess

8 minutes ago, reevester said:

It's pathetic the hate for them all on this site. I find it rather comical at times reading the drivel from the likes of the old boys club. I'll admit slomo actually has some seat time and provides excellent posts and info to help others, the rest are keyboard hero's. But for sure Rick, some just need to grow up. 

:cheers:

I like reading Slomo's stuff too, it's too bad he doesn't channel his efforts into getting it out there for more people to read rather than spending so much time putting others down. He should take his Samuel Champlain Facebook profile he uses try to discredit others, and turn it into an actual Facebook page and post his ride reports on it. He would likely get a good following and help a lot of people plan some great trips. 

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Yes - because the last few seasons have been bad, this is exactly what is needed - some responsiveness to the major changes of the face of snowmobiling in Ontario.

As you are co-authoring articles with Mr. Nicholson, and his name (along with his wife's) and all of the various Lesters are printed on the masthead of supertrax magazine, I would hardly call your opinions on this objective or realistic. It is however, noble of you to stand up for your friend, whatever the reason(s) may be.

There are many important snowmobiling issues Mr. Nicholson blithely skips over while he flits from place to place with his peons in tow...things you read about constantly on this forum - volunteer burnout, people spending hours getting trails ready (Cochrane for instance - not a peep although there are many facebook posts wondering why these people aren't highlighted) lack of government coordination or any type of lobbying on the part of the OFSC, lame marketing gambits....then of course there was his 2016 article on riding the Sudbury area when he decided to make a few 'suggestions' as to how the STP could improve their trails....

........but the worst in my opinion is ignoring the hard work of people running businesses that could benefit from snowmobiling such as the restaurants and motel/hotels that he ignores in his 'reports' as he does not get free or discounted services from them.

facebook....continuously scrolling drivel....

bang on 

47 minutes ago, Nutter said:

:cheers:

I like reading Slomo's stuff too, it's too bad he doesn't channel his efforts into getting it out there for more people to read rather than spending so much time putting others down. He should take his Samuel Champlain Facebook profile he uses try to discredit others, and turn it into an actual Facebook page and post his ride reports on it. He would likely get a good following and help a lot of people plan some great trips. 

?????? seriously???

For those days when the ITG isn't working properly and you have to visit facebook sites which require a log in to try and get up to date information:

facebok.jpg.a6c19dfbb378446d9f1f666fe2f5fefa.jpg

Did I just read that king of self promotion, Ned Nickerson, spends time volunteering with a club and does not write about his day out brushing a trail or placing a sign, or grooming a trail....ya right. perhaps riding through a clubs area and then informing them of their deficiencies is construed by him to be a volunteer effort.

The reality is that everyone has their likes and dislikes with unique approaches for everything from what they like to read to what brand of sled they like and even then what model they like with what features. It would be a really dull and boring world if everyone liked everything the same.

There are some who will truly enjoy Craig Nicholson's work, some who will say it's okay and others who will dislike it. To each their own. Everyone is different.

If there is an article on snowmobile racing or snowcross, sorry I likely won't give it a look. If there is one on where someone rode, how enjoyable it was, how long it took etc. I am likely to read it. Perhaps some new products for the snowmobile may catch my interest. Others would be totally absorbed with an in depth article on snowmobile racing. Even one's writing style can influence someone's interest in reading their work or not.

Isn't it great that we are all different with different interests but do share one common interest, snowmobiling.

Unfortunately this thread has turned into a bit of a rant. Not exactly sure how this happened and that was never my intention. I started it because I was looking for a ride to go on with Tess that we could actually enjoy and not ride alone dodging all the Ass Hat Speed Demons out there. I was tired of hunting all the individual Club Facebook Pages, trying to figure who's in what district now , looking up all the web page address's so I thought I would try to overall association we belong to "OFSC". Well as you know I was shocked. 

Unfortunately I, and I'm sure many others, still really don't have an answer as to where to get events both local and in other areas and it's rather obvious OFSC doesn't really care as no one has updated or at least edited the "Events" page since the season of 2015. The season to short to spend hours hunting for rides. 

Maybe someday we'll get back to all working together and getting along with a lot less bitching and perhaps do what's best for the sport of snowmobiling. Tess and I will continue to ride alone and if we're fortunate to stumble on an event, Great! Happy Trails.

1 hour ago, Team2UP said:

Unfortunately this thread has turned into a bit of a rant. Not exactly sure how this happened and that was never my intention. I started it because I was looking for a ride to go on with Tess that we could actually enjoy and not ride alone dodging all the Ass Hat Speed Demons out there. I was tired of hunting all the individual Club Facebook Pages, trying to figure who's in what district now , looking up all the web page address's so I thought I would try to overall association we belong to "OFSC". Well as you know I was shocked. 

Unfortunately I, and I'm sure many others, still really don't have an answer as to where to get events both local and in other areas and it's rather obvious OFSC doesn't really care as no one has updated or at least edited the "Events" page since the season of 2015. The season to short to spend hours hunting for rides. 

Maybe someday we'll get back to all working together and getting along with a lot less bitching and perhaps do what's best for the sport of snowmobiling. Tess and I will continue to ride alone and if we're fortunate to stumble on an event, Great! Happy Trails.

If you're looking for something this weekend Baxter Snow Riders (Port Severn) are holding a fund raising BBQ / chili event with prizes and a 50/50 draw. The area has gotten a lot of snow over the past 10 days, particularly the town of Midland a short distance west of there. You may well find someone at the BBQ to ride with and minimally have an opportunity to meet with and talk to fellow snowmobilers.

On Saturday 17th from 11 to 2 it will be at the groomer building at the north end of Violet Dr. where the road ends and the trail begins. Violet Dr. runs north of the Honey Harbour Rd. There is about 20 feet between the hwy 400 southbound off ramp and Violet Dr. Norhtbound 400 exit 156 turn left go under the 400 and Violet Dr. is on the right.

On Sunday 18th from 11 to 2 it will be at Village Marina in Honey Harbour. Same exit off hwy 400 and west on Honey Harbour Rd. When you get into Honey Harbour you keep going to the Stop sign at the T intersection (Delawana Inn) and turn right. Village Marina is a short distance down the road on the right.

Both locations are accessable by snowmobile. You can stage out of either or there are options for staging in Port Severn. If you get off the 400 northbound at exit 156, at the end of the ramp on the north east corner is a township parking lot which can be used. If at the stop sign you go a short distance straight ahead immediatley north of the PetroCan is the local tourism office and parking lot. You can stage from there as well.

Try searching club and district websites of the areas you want to ride, some clubs are posting events now for the FD weekend. I just did a couple I heard about. Just google OFSC District #  or the club name. Good Luck hope you find something, challenging season for club events 

http://www.longsaultsnowmobileclub.com/events/

http://www.most.on.ca/events.htm

KLSC is having their Family Fun Run On Saturday, just not listed on the district 8 website yet

http://www.klsc.ca/funrun.pdf

http://www.district2ofsc.ca/events_club.php

http://www.ofscdistrict9.ca/events

http://www.snowcountrysnowmobileregion.ca/events/

9 hours ago, Nutter said:

Samuel Champlain Facebook profile :wtf:he uses try to discredit others and turn it into an actual Facebook page

Well, at first I took some exception to this ...pretty low, but to turn a negative into a positive as is my usual habit....that facebook digital social media stuff can be a double edge sword for some people .....here are more French Canadian explorers for whom to be on the lookout as not all posts are going to go your way....and this group can be particularly hurtful....

pic01.jpg.c6f3ab4b58e72686bc6e32237d7e1af0.jpg

pic02.jpg.697af94401bfc350cfe32742b01de2f7.jpg

pic03.jpg.f6a30c8136558742f99d7e0df01a52f9.jpg

pic04.jpg.dd1a68e9b0ee975f05a840f59605cad1.jpg

pic05.jpg.563902814569cba6402e8b483472bee2.jpg

pic06.jpg.2549cf558c1af605a51c03d9004c45d4.jpg

Be warned.

I look forward to when the next posting of the marketing Request for Proposals - it will be a really interesting time.

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Well, at first I took some exception to this ...pretty low, but to turn a negative into a positive as is my usual habit....that facebook digital social media stuff can be a double edge sword for some people .....here are more French Canadian explorers for whom to be on the lookout as not all posts are going to go your way....and this group can be particularly hurtful....

pic01.jpg.c6f3ab4b58e72686bc6e32237d7e1af0.jpg

pic02.jpg.697af94401bfc350cfe32742b01de2f7.jpg

pic03.jpg.f6a30c8136558742f99d7e0df01a52f9.jpg

pic04.jpg.dd1a68e9b0ee975f05a840f59605cad1.jpg

pic05.jpg.563902814569cba6402e8b483472bee2.jpg

pic06.jpg.2549cf558c1af605a51c03d9004c45d4.jpg

Be warned.

I look forward to when the next posting of the marketing Request for Proposals - it will be a really interesting time.

:rotflmao:

http://www.supertraxmag.com/article.asp?nid=3337

5a83666120e13_Slomo.thumb.jpg.5c6e99eee4bc368d12b43aa43a17786e.jpg

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

if that is Slomo its pretty low and quite possibly illegal for someone in the know to reveal that info that he is privy to.

The only one thats privy to Facebook info is Mark Zukerberg, the only thing that's quite possibly illegal here is the constant slandering of Snowtrax and Craig Nicholson, it's borderline stalking.   

As a matter of fact after just having a meeting with our paralegal on a work matter, and discussing and showing this and other past posts of his, he has also been slandering me.  Claiming that I'm co-authoring with and have some sort of a paid affiliation Craig Nicholson, SnowTrax and the OFSC. 

2 hours ago, Nutter said:

The only one thats privy to Facebook info is Mark Zukerberg, the only thing that's quite possibly illegal here is the constant slandering of Snowtrax and Craig Nicholson, it's borderline stalking.   

As a matter of fact after just having a meeting with our paralegal on a work matter, and discussing and showing this and other past posts of his, he has also been slandering me.  Claiming that I'm co-authoring with and have some sort of a paid affiliation Craig Nicholson, SnowTrax and the OFSC. 

Slow your roll there matlock. For starters, if it is in print it is libel, not slander, and secondly, how is saying you wrote something that was not deragotory nor would harm your reputation construed as libel. You need to fire that paralegal if this is the advice you received. Get a grip Nutter.

3 hours ago, Nutter said:

so your discussing matters related to Snowtrax and Craig Nicholson on behalf of yourself? Or on Behalf of the OFSC? I'm not sure which one your represent?

Somebody must be reading!! The "Events" Tab under "Stay Connected" is now gone!! Hmmmmm!

Somebody must be reading!! The "Events" Tab under "Stay Connected" is now gone!! Hmmmmm!

What a coincidence.  Big Brother is watching. 

Archived