North Bay or New liskeard?

Burchell95

North Bay got 6" Sat' night. Trails looked Ok. Sleds crossed Hwy 11 ahead of me @ Rock Pine.

Conditions looked better on Fri' @ New Liskeard than they did on Wed'. 

Only about 3 rigs parked @ the Econo Lodge. Saw 1 sled parked @ the Quality Inn.

My buddy just got back from NB and said it was pristine conditions. Not sure where he stayed or what trails in NB he was riding...

I was advised that our Tucker groomer who regularly grooms A/D trail north has had a major mechanical breakdown so the AD trail will be rough, especially after weekend.

Club may have to reposition groomers in the interim until parts and repair can be completed.

The best western on lake shore has large parking lot

44 minutes ago, tireless said:

The best western on lake shore has large parking lot

Are you able to park there for 3-4 days without staying there the night before? I don’t mind paying or parking as long as my truck and trailer are secure

1 hour ago, Burchell95 said:

Are you able to park there for 3-4 days without staying there the night before? I don’t mind paying or parking as long as my truck and trailer are secure

See www.nbsc.ca/trails and at bottom is a list of staging areas.

As far as secure goes, Best Western has a snowmobile lockup and I believe Ramada Pinewood Park does but phone ahead.

To my knowledge nobody provides security for truck and trailer.

Brian.. if there is any news this week on grooming coverage with the mentioned breakdown in the A/D area, please share. Just took a  look on the NB SPOT and there is a fair bit of grooming action

Doing a 4 day loop later this week that includes NB, but depending on conditions, we may stay in QC  more than originally planned. The Temiscaming to Swisha trail is for sure good to get us back to our trucks.. but will cost another 60 bones each to stay one more day on the udder side. 

1 hour ago, largedaryl said:

Brian.. if there is any news this week on grooming coverage with the mentioned breakdown in the A/D area, please share. Just took a  look on the NB SPOT and there is a fair bit of grooming action

Doing a 4 day loop later this week that includes NB, but depending on conditions, we may stay in QC  more than originally planned. The Temiscaming to Swisha trail is for sure good to get us back to our trucks.. but will cost another 60 bones each to stay one more day on the udder side. 

Good for you to use the Club's Live Spot GPS link.

I now live in Kitchener and do correspond with Pres/Ops Mgr. but I don't have info on their plans.

What it looks like they are doing today is moving one Groomer over to Cover AD & A102Q for the interim.

If one Groomer ends up at Highway 11 and Roy Drive on AD then that is what Club has decided to do.

www.nbsc.ca/trails then hit SPOT link

6 hours ago, largedaryl said:

He just got to AD this evening.

25AE39BB-0543-48F4-8BC6-6457E97078EC.jpeg

7 hours ago, largedaryl said:

temicaming to swisha is approx 120 miles right daryl with no fuel, is that correct? thanks..

On 2/5/2018 at 8:54 PM, Burchell95 said:

I am at the Dinner Bell in Bonfield right now and the trails are amazing.  We rode today.  I'm posting pics on FB right now.  Will post later.  But seriously you can go north , south, west or east of here and have 10/10 trails.  Groomer was on the A trail in Mattawa with a flat rear tire.  Trails were still fair to good in that area.  Plenty of snow.  North Bay and Bonfield as someone else said on here are AWESOME and pristine.  If you call Dinner Bell and ask them if you can park, they charge $10.  Just make sure you ask them first.  They're great to deal with.  Both Dinner Bell and Cedar Gables lodge are great places to stay and right on the trail in Bonfield.  You will NOT regret it.

I know you can park but I don't know of anyone that guarantees total security.  But never heard of any problems at Dinner Bell either.

Was at the Dinner Bell yesterday Monday sign out front closed Monday and Tuesdays place was locked down . Oh well . 

8 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Was at the Dinner Bell yesterday Monday sign out front closed Monday and Tuesdays place was locked down . Oh well . 

They changed their hours to closed Monday and tuesday.  But, if you are staying there they still make you breakfast and supper those two nights.  Motel is open 7 days a week.  Just ring the door bell and they look after you.

Just got home at 10 last night from staying at the Crows Nest in Restoule for a couple of days. Trails were great everywhere. Rode to Port Loring, then south to Sundridge, and up to Restoule, and trails were fresh and flat. Yesterday rode over to Bonfield, then east on up across the Mattawa River Provincial Park, and into NB. Had lunch at the Crown and Beaver, then a quick ride back to the truck at the Crows Nest, and only a few spots that were not fresh groomed. Met a few hooligans tearing up the trail unnecessarily on the jaunt back into Restoule, proving all the power their sled had by blowing all of the snow off of the ice base on the trail, but I guess some people dont care what happens to the conditions after they have been through.

10 minutes ago, Zertrider said:

Just got home at 10 last night from staying at the Crows Nest in Restoule for a couple of days. Trails were great everywhere. Rode to Port Loring, then south to Sundridge, and up to Restoule, and trails were fresh and flat. Yesterday rode over to Bonfield, then east on up across the Mattawa River Provincial Park, and into NB. Had lunch at the Crown and Beaver, then a quick ride back to the truck at the Crows Nest, and only a few spots that were not fresh groomed. Met a few hooligans tearing up the trail unnecessarily on the jaunt back into Restoule, proving all the power their sled had by blowing all of the snow off of the ice base on the trail, but I guess some people dont care what happens to the conditions after they have been through.

Sad to see a few idiots ruin it for the rest that come through.   

Were they 850's or Sidewinders ?  Those seam to be the guys with the "Boners Away" thumb control.  The only weekend I got out, we were standing by the Grain Bin Inn only to see a pair of youngsters standing up rounding the corner coming from Mitchell.  One was a Sidewinder, and the other one was a Viper with aftermarket turbo.  They both put it to the bar raising the skis about 4 ft of the ground cutting trenches and throwing dirt towards us.  No steering control what so ever, and both hitting the rev limiter.  The best of the gene pool.

8 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Were they 850's or Sidewinders ?  Those seam to be the guys with the "Boners Away" thumb control.  The only weekend I got out, we were standing by the Grain Bin Inn only to see a pair of youngsters standing up rounding the corner coming from Mitchell.  One was a Sidewinder, and the other one was a Viper with aftermarket turbo.  They both put it to the bar raising the skis about 4 ft of the ground cutting trenches and throwing dirt towards us.  No steering control what so ever, and both hitting the rev limiter.  The best of the gene pool.

I do believe you may be right. One was definately a Sidewinder and on was an 850, but not sure of what else there was, it was a group of 5 or 6 twits with small dicks.

Yup the trail from Temiscaming to Swisha is approx 126 miles. We are leaving Stonecliffe on Friday to run to Temiscaming and back on that trail should be a 300 mile day (due to the Stonecliffe to Rolphton miles) which is nothing on that trail due to the very high speeds and smooth running with very long sight lines .

15 hours ago, blackjack1 said:

temicaming to swisha is approx 120 miles right daryl with no fuel, is that correct? thanks..

yes...  was 125 miles last year door to door.  No fuel.  Maybe a tad shorter to fuel this year.. as the trail on temiscaming end seems to go through Kipawa, did not last year.. lots of road near there last year.. was not nice during a melt. 

Sundridge to bonfield was beauty on the weekend. Couple nasty icy corners but overall good for this year. North bay had the usual evidence of heavy traffic. This was saturday btw im sure its improved with all the snow.

Archived