Beausejour Inn & Restaurant

grover_yyz

Greetings all,

The trails around Nipissing are almost all open for riding and we are planning to do the RAN next week. Would anyone be familiar with the  Beausejour Inn and Restaurant? It doesn't look too far off the trail and appears from the web site to have a decent restaurant and rooms. We just need the trail C105D to Key River to open up and we should be set to go.

Jerry

We had lunch there when OF7 picked up his Venture.  Nice restaurant and trail runs through the parking lot IIRC.  Looks nice.

A couple of concerns - according to the interactive map, the trail (C) does not seem close by but roads probably covered in snow or locals have beat one down to the restaurant.  Also, the C105D from Dollars Lake to Key River has not opened in a couple of years at least. Might want to give the French River club a call.

Hi there, the C105D to Dollar Lake should be groomed this week. That section of trail has been packed by the Argo's and groomers. 

This pass weekend our groomers have been running steady (were down to 2 groomers from 3 now, thanks to MOTS). The C trail to Estaire was groomed Sunday (1st pass this season) and all local trails.

The Beausejour Inn is just off C trail, it's not well marked. When you come to 90 degree turn in the trail in Alban you will see a billboard with the accommodation & restaurant sign. 

The two thaws we had in January plus a groomer being down for 2 weeks hasn't help getting trails open.But it's full on now.

Kaz

Looks like our trip has turned into the RAP as the Beasejour is booked solid for the dates we are looking for. I was positive I saw the C105D was green last night but now showing RED. I know Paudash trails said they are having issues with the guide so maybe there are other clubs with issues as well.

Jerry

Archived