Creemore, Wasaga B, Midland trail conditions?

coolbane

Don’t go!!! Very skimpy sections in and around creemore. My buddies were up there yesterday and only did 100kms of trails. Said it was pretty crappy....especially the fields.

the south got more snow then they did...but another buddy that lives across the street from my dads cottage in Penetang said they got roughly a foot.

8 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Don’t go!!! Very skimpy sections in and around creemore. My buddies were up there yesterday and only did 100kms of trails. Said it was pretty crappy....especially the fields.

the south got more snow then they did...but another buddy that lives across the street from my dads cottage in Penetang said they got roughly a foot.

Thanks for the info. I don't want to drive up there to ride crap (done enough of that this year already!!)

Hopefully more reports will come in for today/tomorrow. 

I live just off 601 where it is fields and just looking down then it does not look great. Would give a better report but my damn sled blew Saturday

Went out yesterday afternoon from New Lowell to Stayner, up B trail to Pretty River and around into Collingwood. 

Around New Lowell into Stayner is pretty bad, the field are very rough and the furrows are exposed. from Stayner to Collingwood was decent. 

Something to watch out for is around Pretty River on the B trail, there is a section of the river at the bottom of the hill that the bridge gave out. its easily passable, but something to watch out for as there is only one spot to pass through it safely. 

Was pretty damn windy up this way last night though.. a lot of the snow is blown around and fields are bare

Met Moose Laker this morning and road the snowy roads from Gravenhurst to Uhtoff rail line.

Trail from Orillia to Midland was mint, as well as C to 301. 301 to end of gbsr territory was also mint. All freshly groomed.

Farmer fields on 601 had most of the snow blown away so we would have been riding on rough icy stubble if we hadn't taken Vigo Rd etc instead.

B through Wasaga and out to Sunnidale Corners was fairly good but could use more snow. The diner at Sunnidale gas station was closed so we hustled back to Waubaushene and lost 5 pounds each by delaying lunch.

7 hours ago, Basketcase said:

Went out yesterday afternoon from New Lowell to Stayner, up B trail to Pretty River and around into Collingwood. 

Around New Lowell into Stayner is pretty bad, the field are very rough and the furrows are exposed. from Stayner to Collingwood was decent. 

Something to watch out for is around Pretty River on the B trail, there is a section of the river at the bottom of the hill that the bridge gave out. its easily passable, but something to watch out for as there is only one spot to pass through it safely. 

Was pretty damn windy up this way last night though.. a lot of the snow is blown around and fields are bare

Was that on the 701 by chance where you came across the washed out bridge? It runs just off the B?

I am in Singhampton and know how much snow fell. Can believe they began opening trails. They went from 0 snow with no base to yellow with 8" of fresh fluffy snow. Theres going to be something sticking through for sure.

MS

It was on the B trail JUST east of where 701 meets up with it. So probably the spot you're thinking of. 

I am between New Lowell and Stayner. We about half the snow you guys got I'd say. 

A well-aimed snow dance. It's now snowing on the farmers' fields on Trail 601. 

2018-02-06 20.49.14.png

59 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Someone's doing a well-aimed snow dance: it is now snowing on the farmers' fields on Trail 601. 

2018-02-06 20.49.14.png

Yea doing the driveway again!

On 05/02/2018 at 7:27 PM, Basketcase said:

It was on the B trail JUST east of where 701 meets up with it. So probably the spot you're thinking of. 

I am between New Lowell and Stayner. We about half the snow you guys got I'd say. 

Thanks for posting this guys, I'll get some of our guys to take a ride over and see what we can do to fix it.  There's a culvert in there that occasionally gets washed away during heavy melts and too much water flowing, my guess without seeing it is that it has probably moved.  We'll take a look sometime during the week.

Blue Mt. Snowdrifters

21 minutes ago, cds13ca said:

Thanks for posting this guys, I'll get some of our guys to take a ride over and see what we can do to fix it.  There's a culvert in there that occasionally gets washed away during heavy melts and too much water flowing, my guess without seeing it is that it has probably moved.  We'll take a look sometime during the week.

Blue Mt. Snowdrifters

Nice.  Thanks peeps.   Appreciate it.  Love this site.

9 hours ago, extreme600 said:

Nice.  Thanks peeps.   Appreciate it.  Love this site.

update, if it's the spot i'm thinking about, Just spoke to our groomer who went through and filled the water hole / culvert with snow, should be better now.  

14 minutes ago, cds13ca said:

update, if it's the spot i'm thinking about, Just spoke to our groomer who went through and filled the water hole / culvert with snow, should be better now.  

That’s probably the same spot then. It had roughly a 12’ culvert in it but the gap was just a little too big to ride over, so people were going around it on the rocks.

thanks! 

9 minutes ago, Basketcase said:

That’s probably the same spot then. It had roughly a 12’ culvert in it but the gap was just a little too big to ride over, so people were going around it on the rocks.

thanks! 

my bad, I just spoke again to one of our groomers and had misunderstood the timing.  he said he was out there last week and brought in some snow, it's probably washed away since there isn't much snow to work with...  The next groomer pass should hopefully refill that spot with some snow.  Use caution as always.  Esp with such limited conditions, there's lots of open wet spots right now...

we're starting at hwy 89/10 intersection at super/champ burger tomorrow and probably heading up to creemore,  then back down through honeywood over to Dundalk and back. not sure about wasaga, but I know midland, penetang areas have plenty of snow and good riding conditions. 

14 hours ago, coolbane said:

I'd appreciate any trail condition updates from riders who has been on the Shelburne, Singhampton, Wasaga B. Beaver Valley trails today? Headed that way tomorrow. 

Thanks. 

Wasaga and Stayner areas are pretty good. Assuming Singhampton/BV trails are also pretty good. We were out in Creemore on Wednesday and they were decent. Some fields up high are a little wind blown making them a little thing. But definitely worth riding. 

A better trip would be from wasaga to Penetanguishene/Midland area though. They got over twice the snow we got and most of their trails are now green. 

Pictures from Midland last night from another site.

IMG_3433.JPG.f51ad41d8f64134e405c406441e1ecd9.JPGIMG_3432.JPG.921745c9886eb9825bb9a08fcc484265.JPG

Just spoke to a friend living in Port Severn. They have gotten a lot of snow since last Friday night. A good dumping today and it's still coming down. Maybe mother nature is just behind schedule this year and we will see it snowing well into April and riding until late April. That would make it tight for getting the boat in the water but what the heck.

I've gotta go to Australia on April 1st; I'll be very upset if we get all this snow you are forecasting for late April:-(

Rode Shelburne New Lowell Markdale loop on Friday, it was all pretty decent, especially Creemore and west. 

Rode Wiarton to Tobermory return yest, Trails were good but I'd forgotten how tight and twisty it gets north of Lion Head. A long tiring day.

I don't know about Wasaga & Creemore but dang if Midland didn't get dumped on with snow over the course of a week they went from nothing to massive amounts of snow. There was a healthy amount of snow back on Sat 3rd and Sun 4th but then they got dumped on again on Thu. The C trail between Penetang and Midland had lots of snow on Sat but due to large amounts of traffic was a back breaker come the afternoon.

If you venture out onto the bay from Midland or Penetang STAY ON THE STAKE LINES. They are packed and an easy ride. If you venture off expect to find up to 2 feet of snow on top of up to a foot of slush. People have often followed the shoreline from Midland around to Penetang in the past. You can do that through the snow and slush if you keep moving but your sled will be working and if you stop you will likely find that the bumper of the sled is at snow height and you may be stuck with the track now spinning on the ice below.

For those who are expecting to stop at what has been a long time popular place for sledders (Maple Valley) you can't. They are closed for the winter. You're very limited and the only easy access place is the Boat House Eatery in Midland and Dock Lunch in Penetang.

FYI - Midland has launched a review of its policies and regulations regarding Snowmobiling and in particular the support that it provides to Snowmobiling

What happened to the pavilion at the point on bouseli island. I'm not sure what this new building is used for. Looks like a two storey outhouse. Couldn't load the picture.

26 minutes ago, gibson said:

What happened to the pavilion at the point on bouseli island. I'm not sure what this new building is used for. Looks like a two storey outhouse. Couldn't load the picture.

I saw that last weekend.. not to sure what it was. 

1 hour ago, gibson said:

I believe that's exactly what it is. An outhouse with a holding vault below. I suspect that rather than try and excavate/blast into the rock they put a vault under the outhouse which would ensure no weeping of sewage into the ground and the water table.

I remember when there used to be a maintained supply of fire wood there many years ago.

Archived