rice lake oval races kawartha conditions

cornbinder

osor oval races at rice   lake golden  beach ,     today  sunday feb 4 2018        ice on rice is good on staked trail   elmhurst to bewdley         race is a mile east of harwood   south shore east of staked line ttrail hat goes across lake to hiawatha       use the shore trail over old railbed at harwood  gani and may trails should be passable    indian river is passable with caution south of peterborough hastings rail    rail trail is good   6 iches fresh snow in area      Stoney lake is staked   Stoney point kosh lake should be open .  polar plunge and an antique sled show bridenorth

and every place you mention is RED on the map. Be careful out there.

Trails were updated today on the ITG. 

Pretty sure it's not just Tues/Thurs anymore since the ITG has been implemented.  Districts can update any day/time, and most do when there's trails opening/closing. 

Correct if me if I'm wrong, but I believe Tues & Thursday are the "mandatory" updates

1 hour ago, monte1214 said:

Trails were updated today on the ITG. 

Pretty sure it's not just Tues/Thurs anymore since the ITG has been implemented.  Districts can update any day/time, and most do when there's trails opening/closing. 

Correct if me if I'm wrong, but I believe Tues & Thursday are the "mandatory" updates

Yup... Tues & Thur required and there's nothing to say it can't be updated at other times.

the rail trail from peterborough  to hasting is a bike path that was  just refinished   in fine gravel.    Atvs are banned due to their destructive nature  .   If the rail bed gets beat up  by  the same idiots who have to run pipes and spin their tracks at every chance.   You might as well  mark it permanently closed for sleds too.   to mild for farm fieldstrails   I can't blame a club for trying to keep traffic down when it is mild by marking trails red .    Some guys just have to show how much gravel they can trench  with their 1.5 inch paddle  when its warm.   I wonder if they would ever consider using their driving skills to flatten the trail edges instead of running in the  same trough   Maybe now I understand why  this same group never drive groomers, or help on trails   because they don,t have the skill to go that close to trees         The fact that they had thirty vehicles and trailers on the ice at golden beach and two hundred pople and sleds on the ice at chemong means the ice is safe .  You will still go swimming at ,all of  the buckhorn lakes , gannons narrows , entrance and exit of trent at rice, big bob bobcageon ,   within a mile of the bouyed channel lower stoney lake and a dozen other places  in the kawarthas that are never safe  thanks to the guys who put up stakes they were nice in the storm

9 hours ago, cornbinder said:

the rail trail from peterborough  to hasting is a bike path that was  just refinished   in fine gravel.    Atvs are banned due to their destructive nature  .   If the rail bed gets beat up  by  the same idiots who have to run pipes and spin their tracks at every chance.   You might as well  mark it permanently closed for sleds too.   to mild for farm fieldstrails   I can't blame a club for trying to keep traffic down when it is mild by marking trails red .    Some guys just have to show how much gravel they can trench  with their 1.5 inch paddle  when its warm.   I wonder if they would ever consider using their driving skills to flatten the trail edges instead of running in the  same trough   Maybe now I understand why  this same group never drive groomers, or help on trails   because they don,t have the skill to go that close to trees         The fact that they had thirty vehicles and trailers on the ice at golden beach and two hundred pople and sleds on the ice at chemong means the ice is safe .  You will still go swimming at ,all of  the buckhorn lakes , gannons narrows , entrance and exit of trent at rice, big bob bobcageon ,   within a mile of the bouyed channel lower stoney lake and a dozen other places  in the kawarthas that are never safe  thanks to the guys who put up stakes they were nice in the storm

Notice one part of the lake trail off Bewdley is marked red - any idea why this is?

I am thinking the lake must be okay but the road part of the trail E108 is closed but not sure if indeed this is the case?

5a798c405c543_ricelake.jpg.b0f2786d8c4212a6584fb722380d133e.jpg

That section of E108 runs beside the highway and is not always the best

However, I see it is green today

The lake is staked and good to go, over 17 inches of ice in the test holes around Whites Island

Archived