WHO'S GETTING SNOW

thetorches

Close to a foot in Elora, fergus got about 10”. Lots of snow last night! And still goin! Lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Yes they might be rideable but the KLSC groomers haven’t been seen in a week or so.    I am not sure if they were out last night but will check in the morning   

They will be out today from what they said on fb..

We got about 6 in. in Oshawa. Port Perry has opened some trails. There must be more open, that just haven't been updated yet. Going to watch Pats win Super Bowl and will be riding tomorrow.

58 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

They will be out today from what they said on fb..

Yes I saw that also.  With the amount of sleds running the railbed now it will need a grooming. Lol

6 hours ago, gobills said:

Got about 6 inches overnight and it's still snowing. Minden area.

I can see a lot of trails opening up this week. 

Sure hoping so...we are supposed to leave Wednesday from Pembroke to do the RAP tour...

We are getting lots of snow in District 8.  North of Barrie.  Does any body know the trail status between Barrie and Midland?  Were the groomers out yet?

45 minutes ago, Hillsdale Rider said:

We are getting lots of snow in District 8.  North of Barrie.  Does any body know the trail status between Barrie and Midland?  Were the groomers out yet?

I don't know about Barrie to Midland but Coldwater to Midland was apparently quite busy but quite rideable Saturday. Friends rode from Port Severn to Coldwater to Midland and then back across the bay to Honey Harbour and Port Severn. The club wouldn't have had a chance to groom when they rode since there was nothing to groom until Saturday morning. I imagine they would have been out last night and then again tonight. He tells me he has about 2 ft of snow on the deck of his cottage.

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

Sure hoping so...we are supposed to leave Wednesday from Pembroke to do the RAP tour...

I just got in from a hundred mile run on the lakes and dorset way.  It's more like a foot of snow on the lakes.

If they get the groomer out on the B I think you should be good.

5 minutes ago, gobills said:

I just got in from a hundred mile run on the lakes and dorset way.  It's more like a foot of snow on the lakes.

If they get the groomer out on the B I think you should be good.

Sounds great!  Any idea how the Haliburton area (TOP B from Whitney to Dwight) made out with snow?

Elmira got around 6 inches so far

KW had 4"

Fingers crossed it stays and we get more

New Hamburg has 5 to 6 inches I would say...perfect conditions for grooming for base I think, wet  snow and then getting cold and more snow

Anyone might know if Kennesis and Redstone are staked?

About 2' in Victoria harbour , still snowing ... lots of traffic on the rail trail today when I was out 

About 8" fell in Peterborough.  Makes 10" when you count the 2" we had.  I think it's just about done snowing here now.  I heard reports of 12" in Apsley.  The Kawartha / Bancroft snow belt should be able to open some trails soon I'd say.  

Pinery and Victoria rail line best it’s been. A foot of powder. Lakes were heaven

8 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

Elmira got around 6 inches so far

KW had 4"

Fingers crossed it stays and we get more

Seems like more depending on location. Wind has been blowing it around. 

Ho

39 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Seems like more depending on location. Wind has been blowing it around. 

How far south can you ride the rail line. It's showing Kinmount to Haliburton is yellow. 

10 hours ago, thetorches said:

Ho

How far south can you ride the rail line. It's showing Kinmount to Haliburton is yellow. 

Still showing red on the itg,but has been groomed south of Fenelon Falls last night,going to check it out shortly.

5 hours ago, Dufftom said:

Still showing red on the itg,but has been groomed south of Fenelon Falls last night,going to check it out shortly.

Ok. Thanks for info. 

Got some of our local trails opened up in Huron county (Pineridge Snowmobile Club). Was not sure that was going to happen again this season.

Hopefully some more of the neighboring trails are able to follow suit before the weekend and spread out the influx.

There calling for snow tomorrow and Friday. Warm up next week before getting cold again and lasting thru March. Hope there right.

Archived