Dorset

Poo Man

Heading to Dorset in a couple hours for boys sled trip. Looks like just north east of the tower is limited. Anyone been on the past couple days? 

According to MTH, Tall Pines will remain Red, the OFSC will not update the trail guide anyways until after the weekend, but they are heading out to see what they can do with the fluffy snow they received. 

Looks to be some decent snow over the weekend for that area, so I am sure the TP trails will be busy this weekend regardless....but it might be a wee bit icy under that fresh snow, so ride with care.

No base any where really. Going to take a good dump early in week, when there is lower traffic to set it up. 

1 hour ago, Poo Man said:

Heading to Dorset in a couple hours for boys sled trip. Looks like just north east of the tower is limited. Anyone been on the past couple days? 

The run north up to kearney should be good as its mostly logging roads and there was lots of hard base last sunday. Closer to kearney might have the odd rock/rough spot poking through but definately rideable. Even with the new snow, scratchers and studs would be a good idea. Its a short season get out and ride!

1 hour ago, stoney said:

According to MTH, Tall Pines will remain Red, the OFSC will not update the trail guide anyways until after the weekend, but they are heading out to see what they can do with the fluffy snow they received. 

Looks to be some decent snow over the weekend for that area, so I am sure the TP trails will be busy this weekend regardless....but it might be a wee bit icy under that fresh snow, so ride with care.

MTH is incorrect, the ITG is updated by the District, NOT the OFSC.  Updates are done on a mandatory basis twice a week on Monday and Thursday.  Additiional updates and status changes are done when necessary at the request of the clubs!  The ITG is available for changes whenever the individual authorized by the district board receives the information and has access to the system. 

29 minutes ago, DWIGHT RX said:

MTH is incorrect, the ITG is updated by the District, NOT the OFSC.  Updates are done on a mandatory basis twice a week on Monday and Thursday.  Additiional updates and status changes are done when necessary at the request of the clubs!  The ITG is available for changes whenever the individual authorized by the district board receives the information and has access to the system. 

The point is still though that you will likely not see an update over the weekend, you seem to rarely see one on a weekend anyways & usually see the updates during the week, as you mentioned, regardless of what mother nature drops or what the clubs do over the weekend.

Otherwise it only makes sense that the clubs would so it anyways, why add another level to slow down the process.  

And I guess technically the clubs are the OFSC too....:icon_lolsign:

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

No base any where really. Going to take a good dump early in week, when there is lower traffic to set it up. 

You going to take a good dump vr cmon man lol

13 minutes ago, gobills said:

You going to take a good dump vr cmon man lol

I bought my permit so if I want to take a dump on the trail why not. Watch out for the big stink hole. Lol 

i was talking snow and everyone knows you stop in Orangeville for a dump on way north. Tradition. 

28 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I bought my permit so if I want to take a dump on the trail why not. Watch out for the big stink hole. Lol 

i was talking snow and everyone knows you stop in Orangeville for a dump on way north. Tradition. 

Stop drop and .....SAM_4159.thumb.JPG.a2c2a44d293b4e4bdd48def2370281a1.JPG

24 minutes ago, zoso said:

Stop drop and .....SAM_4159.thumb.JPG.a2c2a44d293b4e4bdd48def2370281a1.JPG

Your buddy isn't parked in a safe spot though. Accident waiting to happen. 

9 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Your buddy isn't parked in a safe spot though. Accident waiting to happen. 

I suspect his buddy knows not to run the edge of the trail.. LOL.....

2 hours ago, zoso said:

i think the accident was avoided, but it would seem it was a near miss, depends.

Not a snowmobile if you have never craped in your snow suit. Lol 

37 minutes ago, stoney said:

Well that truly sucks....sorry to hear!

Yea my dad's sled blew about 100ft from me. What are the odds! 

Might be a record although not one you really want. Sorry about your bad luck.

1 hour ago, Poo Man said:

Yea my dad's sled blew about 100ft from me. What are the odds! 

Bad gas! 

5 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Bad gas! 

We filled up at different gas stations. It's bizarre to say the least. Hoping my crank is ok, one jug is still at 120 psi

Archived