Rouyn Noranda, PQ

Sevey

Was wondering where people have stayed in Rouyn.

Planning at staying at the Quality Inn at the West end of town but they don't want vehicles with trailers in their parking lot. That's a wee bit of problem for me.

What have others experienced here.

Thanks

MS

37 minutes ago, Sevey said:

Was wondering where people have stayed in Rouyn.

Planning at staying at the Quality Inn at the West end of town but they don't want vehicles with trailers in their parking lot. That's a wee bit of problem for me.

What have others experienced here.

Thanks

MS

We stay at the Motel Alpin which is a Quality Inn. It has an O'Tooles restaurant/pub attached to it. I think it's likely the same place you are talking about. We stayed there 2 winters ago the first week of March and left 2 trucks with trailers in their parking lot at the hotel. They don't have a lot of room there and I thought at the time we might have an issue but we left the trucks there for 3 days through the week so that may have been our saving grace. Did you  ask them if they had or knew of a safe off site parking location? I'm pretty sure that I had been told once a while ago that they had another off site spot you could leave truck/trailers at. 

I do not know of any motels in Rouyn that have a big parking lot , if your driving that far go a bit further to Val dor stay at the Forestel lots of room for trailers and nice sled friendly hotel

29 minutes ago, northstar said:

I do not know of any motels in Rouyn that have a big parking lot , if your driving that far go a bit further to Val dor stay at the Forestel lots of room for trailers and nice sled friendly hotel

Stayed at the Forestel once. Service for food was horrible (HOURS). For that reason alone I would never stay there again.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

We stay at the Motel Alpin which is a Quality Inn. It has an O'Tooles restaurant/pub attached to it. I think it's likely the same place you are talking about. We stayed there 2 winters ago the first week of March and left 2 trucks with trailers in their parking lot at the hotel. They don't have a lot of room there and I thought at the time we might have an issue but we left the trucks there for 3 days through the week so that may have been our saving grace. Did you  ask them if they had or knew of a safe off site parking location? I'm pretty sure that I had been told once a while ago that they had another off site spot you could leave truck/trailers at. 

Yes - we are talking about the same place. I had stayed there last year and had a great experience. They have become sticky with the trailers using up their lot apparently though.

They are pushing all the trailers across the street to the Walmart parking lot. PQ doesn't have the best rep for items being safe while unattended. Not to mention having our vehicle across the street is a PITA.

I was hoping to find a small cabin/resort close to the trail area around Rouyn without going further east.

MS

10 minutes ago, Sevey said:

Yes - we are talking about the same place. I had stayed there last year and had a great experience. They have become sticky with the trailers using up their lot apparently though.

They are pushing all the trailers across the street to the Walmart parking lot. PQ doesn't have the best rep for items being safe while unattended. Not to mention having our vehicle across the street is a PITA.

I was hoping to find a small cabin/resort close to the trail area around Rouyn without going further east.

MS

I understand your reluctance. We had a similar experience at Hotel Motel Bernieres just across the bridge from Quebec City in 1996. We pulled an ignition breaker from the fuse box under the hood as an added precaution and made sure the trailer couldn't unhook easily or go backwards. It worked for us.

That plaza across the road seems busy until late from what I've seen. The CTC gas bar may be open all night. If it is and you can get parked in view of one of their cameras, might be good enough.

9 minutes ago, zoso said:

Why not kirland and sled over to the qc side. cheaper rates in Ontario for hotel.

Only $5.00 more than the $130.00 rate posted about on this forum that they charging in Kirkland Lake + good restaurant/bar right in the hotel.

Where did Craig park?

Archived