Pilot DS or DS2 skis on trail sled?

MXZ41

I've heard that these skis work great on trail sleds as well as the 6.9's anyone have this experience or friends that use them?

I'm looking to lighten up my steering on my '13 Renegade.

I like pilot skis with dual carbide they are very durable and perform well thru a variety of conditions

• 2 weeks later...

I run pilot 6.9 with aggressive snow trackers, great combo.

DS or DS2 will lighten up your steering to the point of darting uncontrollably.  They're an off-trail ski.  The only way people around here manage to use them on trail successfully is using those stupid snowtracker carbide things which I'll never own.  I don't need an outboard motor keel on my skis, thank you very much.

I'm using Pilot 6.9's on 2 sleds at home, 3rd one has 5.7's.  My sled has a heavy feel to it by choice, as per my suspension adjustments.  If I lighten the steering, it gets darty.  

The 6.9's are wider and have a much more agressive keel to them, allowing off-trail riding with ease and positive steering in deeper snow conditions.  On the trail, either it goes around the corner, or spits you off the sled trying to go around the corner.  Either way, it goes around the corner.  Period.

On 07/02/2018 at 1:29 PM, Denis007 said:

DS or DS2 will lighten up your steering to the point of darting uncontrollably.  They're an off-trail ski.  The only way people around here manage to use them on trail successfully is using those stupid snowtracker carbide things which I'll never own.  I don't need an outboard motor keel on my skis, thank you very much.

I'm using Pilot 6.9's on 2 sleds at home, 3rd one has 5.7's.  My sled has a heavy feel to it by choice, as per my suspension adjustments.  If I lighten the steering, it gets darty.  

The 6.9's are wider and have a much more agressive keel to them, allowing off-trail riding with ease and positive steering in deeper snow conditions.  On the trail, either it goes around the corner, or spits you off the sled trying to go around the corner.  Either way, it goes around the corner.  Period.

I know how your sled corners now from first hand experience..:icon_steer:

Archived