Sidewinder reflash

Dufftom

Did any winder owners have this done if so what do you think.

27 minutes ago, Dufftom said:

Did any winder owners have this done if so what do you think.

Friend had a flash and chip done on his turbo cat, and turbo dynamics exhaust, big improvement

I had one done on our Cats with the Yamaha engines. It was supposed to address cold weather starting. To be honest I never had a problem before the re-flash but then I never tried to start it in extreme cold. The re-flash was done in early November. The sleds sat after that until the first week of January which was part of the deep freeze. They both turned over and fired up without any problem... about 3 seconds of turnover for each of them. I didn't notice any particular difference riding though.

Ya big improvements,had mine done,exhaust comes with the kit,also did a gear change,Fenelon marine had it out for a test on cameron lake with a stock sidewinder beside. no contest,136 MPA on the speedometer 131 MPA on gps.Picking it up friday.

31 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I had one done on our Cats with the Yamaha engines. It was supposed to address cold weather starting. To be honest I never had a problem before the re-flash but then I never tried to start it in extreme cold. The re-flash was done in early November. The sleds sat after that until the first week of January which was part of the deep freeze. They both turned over and fired up without any problem... about 3 seconds of turnover for each of them. I didn't notice any particular difference riding though.

I am not talking cold weather starts,i am talking hp.

59 minutes ago, Dufftom said:

Ya big improvements,had mine done,exhaust comes with the kit,also did a gear change,Fenelon marine had it out for a test on cameron lake with a stock sidewinder beside. no contest,136 MPA on the speedometer 131 MPA on gps.Picking it up friday.

What flash and from who , what muffler did you go ,what was the gear change. I am thinking about Turbo dynamics power trail kit . What was the cost of the kit and labour from Fenton Marine 

9 minutes ago, northstar said:

What flash and from who , what muffler did you go ,what was the gear change. I am thinking about Turbo dynamics power trail kit . What was the cost of the kit and labour from Fenton Marine 

Turbo dynamics 265 hp trail kit,muffler comes with the $1399.00 kit.Stock top gear 21 tooth,changed to 22 tooth,4 Hrs to do the kit,plus gear ,they gave me a screaming deal on that work,biggest part of the job.Clutch kit,stronger spring in secondary,belt guard on belly pan,heat shield on exhaust.Heat shied makes it look stock,and very quiet compared to an apex.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Don't think this flash is done by Cat.

Is the trail exhaust sound close to stock , do you think you would has any issues on the trail with the cops when at a moderate speed . 

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Don't think this flash is done by Cat.

Cat does the flash,every dealer are doing it,they send the the ecu to turbo dynamics,the rest is done in house.

9 minutes ago, northstar said:

Is the trail exhaust sound close to stock , do you think you would has any issues on the trail with the cops when at a moderate speed . 

The trail exhaust is surprising quiet,you will not have an issue at all.

9 hours ago, Dufftom said:

Cat does the flash,every dealer are doing it,they send the the ecu to turbo dynamics,the rest is done in house.

Oh I know, same with scom for my jetskis done at dealer.  Aftermarket nevertheless and good on dealer.

Its doesnt have enough power stock ?

2 hours ago, wrightonalan said:

Come on Al you should know the answer to that!!

4 hours ago, wrightonalan said:

Is that a real question?

57 minutes ago, stoney said:

what on earth would you need more power for..

They are trying to keep the skis in the air like the 850's.

36 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

They are trying to keep the skis in the air like the 850's.

Might be cheaper to change the suspension/skid settings for that....:icon_doh: 

10 hours ago, northstar said:

Come on Al you should know the answer to that!!

lol. my friend has a sidewinder and he did this mod too,but 265 hp ,all i can say is wow

Lol I know l did the same .... ......crazy eh !!

8 hours ago, stoney said:

I was kind of under the impression most of the guys on here kept her within the OFSC posted speed limits....what on earth would you need more power for....:icon_munching:.

0-50kmh in .00003 seconds is what it is really all about.

Archived