Cochrane Feb 4-9

Wimpy

Six of us are going to be in Cochrane feb 4-9 staying at Westway in case any other OCer's happen to be there, stop and say hello. 

Can't wait to get there and ride the trails I've heard nothing but great things about.  And yes, we plan on getting there in time to watch the superbowl! ;)

Darcy

We just arrived back Sunday from that area. They have snow! Pretty crazy winter when you have to get above Kirkland to get a decent base.

Trails were good, lots of traffic. Clubs were doing their best but when the entire province is staying in your town, two groomers can only do so much.

The A close to Cochrane was beat up. once you get west of Smooth rock trails were awesome.

Day 1  - rode to Hearst and back on the A.

Day 2 - went down to Timmins and over to Iroquois Falls. At that time Timmins had less snow but hopefully will pick some up when you get there.

MS

3 hours ago, Sevey said:

We just arrived back Sunday from that area. They have snow! Pretty crazy winter when you have to get above Kirkland to get a decent base.

Trails were good, lots of traffic. Clubs were doing their best but when the entire province is staying in your town, two groomers can only do so much.

The A close to Cochrane was beat up. once you get west of Smooth rock trails were awesome.

Day 1  - rode to Hearst and back on the A.

Day 2 - went down to Timmins and over to Iroquois Falls. At that time Timmins had less snow but hopefully will pick some up when you get there.

MS

Excellent, thanks for the info!

4 hours ago, Wimpy said:

Six of us are going to be in Cochrane feb 4-9 staying at Westway in case any other OCer's happen to be there, stop and say hello. 

Can't wait to get there and ride the trails I've heard nothing but great things about.  And yes, we plan on getting there in time to watch the superbowl! ;)

Darcy

Here's Timmins today.  LOL  There's enough snow now.  

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

6 hours ago, Wimpy said:

Darcy

may be there too... where is the "Westway" ? .. i dont see it on the ITG

cheers

I'm going with Wimpy on this trip, first trip to Cochrane, can't wait to get there!!!!. 

I don't see it on the ITG but I do see Tim Hortons and The Westway is right beside Timmies. 

45 minutes ago, Kahshe Rider said:

I don't see it on the ITG but I do see Tim Hortons and The Westway is right beside Timmies. 

It would be just to the left of the Timmies across the side street when looking at the ITG.

By any chance are you using Internet Explorer? I ask because it shows on mine using Chrome (even without unclicking the Trails box and clicking accommodations in the services section).

Pics look awesome!  Great base there.  I've never been to Westway, but it came recommended by a member here.  Timmies is close, which is great!  lol

9 hours ago, gobills said:

Zoom right in you will see it on the itg

got it ! ... thanks

looks like we're headed for kirkland lake this wknd as i couldnt get the time off feb 5-9

anyone else going to KL send a message & maybe we could meet for a cocktail

cheers

15 minutes ago, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

got it ! ... thanks

looks like we're headed for kirkland lake this wknd as i couldnt get the time off feb 5-9

anyone else going to KL send a message & maybe we could meet for a cocktail

cheers

message sent.

3 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Loaded and westway bound in the am. Look for a group of Doos, and a yammie! Yah baby..:icon_dance-cpatch:

Have a great time and make sure you wave tomorrow morning when you drive past me at work. lol.

Archived