Sudbury Coming Around

Bearman

Ah ha thank you sir hoping to avoid some traffic and head west out of chelms even thou its listed limited see how she goes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trail c111d north from windy lake to C we had fresh groomed trails, the odd rock but all and all not bad.  Took D from skeed to c111d and back up to windy lake, and not the greatest.   Huge 4-6" holders on the rail bed in a few sections, but there were OK sections, but north trail far better.  Still in need of more snow, but rideable.  Total we did around 260km.

IMG_0859.JPG

12 hours ago, jensen22 said:

Ah ha thank you sir hoping to avoid some traffic and head west out of chelms even thou its listed limited see how she goes

Was not too bad west on D from Chelmsford,  east was a bit rocky.  Large road section was not too bad just north of D on c111d. 

More green showing up today.

Moonlight, chateau trails green now

8 minutes ago, Muskoka cat guy said:

C trail north Red closed from Nickel city

Green on my laptop up as far as Shining Tree.

7 minutes ago, Muskoka cat guy said:

down by moonlight motel

Red from D111 to C/D

On 1/24/2018 at 1:39 PM, jensen22 said:

Booked in friday and saturday night at the northland motel in chelmsford. Hopefully the weather co operates. Anyone know if theres gas in onaping or cartier ?

We're also there. Sat and Sunday.

PM sent.

6 minutes ago, zoso said:

It is rideable, hydro was on trail north of wahnapitae, be careful.

Closed is closed where I come from.

4 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Closed is closed where I come from.

Ya well no worries about trespassing on that section. It is not a farm field.  I opened that section of trail for over a decade. 

1 hour ago, zoso said:

It is rideable, hydro was on trail north of wahnapitae, be careful.

No idea why they are keeping it red, I rode it Sunday, should be yellow.

There are no issues riding this trail other than above.

The groomer has to pass over this section to get to the trails south of there.

2 hours ago, soupkids said:

No idea why they are keeping it red, I rode it Sunday, should be yellow.

There are no issues riding this trail other than above.

The groomer has to pass over this section to get to the trails south of there.

I think the bridge on government road in coniston is still out, so the groomer cannot get across the creek from the west, and hydro was on the trail just north of the beaver pond last week which prevented it from coming in from the east to wahnapitae. 

1 hour ago, zoso said:

I think the bridge on government road in coniston is still out, so the groomer cannot get across the creek from the west, and hydro was on the trail just north of the beaver pond last week which prevented it from coming in from the east to wahnapitae. 

Been fixed.

Now we have no direct link to the south so everything has to be done from the east.

So who has been out around Sudsbury this weekend ?  What are the trails like ?  I see the Moose Loop has red at the south west corner.  Is this rideable ?  Also two red sections on C and D.  Our plan is to do a Moose, Wolf, and then Gowganda, New Liskeard, Temogami, Tilden Lake, and back to Suds.

Any ride feedback is appreciated.

BP

Just back from Sudbury  rode Wed to Fri nite spent one night in Gowganda  C trail up was real good to shining tree they have brushing  problems from shining over to Elk lake ,lack of man power . Warm on Saturday which will hurt the trails south of Lake wannepitia  . Lots of riders motels and lodges were full . I don,t have any first hand info past Elk lake only that spoke to riders want to get to Martin rive r but could not They spent the night in Gowganda . Groomers were out so that could all change . Hope this helps .

The red on the moose loop is issues with a logging company, currently being rerouted.

The red on the C/D should be yellow not red, hydro is working in the area replacing poles, the groomer has been through recently.

I have no idea what is wrong with certain people in our district regarding traills but ...

Has anybody been up to Shinning Tree from Capreol in the past few days that can comment on any conditions?  they are supposted to be getting a little bit of snow today as i am sure they need it...

Heading up this afternoon for a ride tomorrow, this morning the sudbury trials are now showing yellow?!?!?  last night before i went to bed they were green....not sure what could have changed on all the trails in a few hours....

Has there been any progress on the re-route of C111D in the logging area ?  The Moose Loop is a big highlight of our trip in two weeks.

Also, I see the trails are all yellow now.  Is this a better representation of their condition, or is the ITG not to be believed ?

BP

Not sure what it is worth but last Saturday rode from near royal in sudbury to shinning tree. Trails were good but not great. In shining tree could use more snow but easily passable. The trail up on a logging road (I assume that is what it is) was good but had some small moguls likely due to the traffic as there were a lot of people out in the area last weekend. Best trail we rode all weekend. 

I would not not hesitate to hit that trail again. But it would benefit from more snow. All of the other trails in the area that we rode were okay but lots of rocks, bare spots and moguls. Again only because of the traffic and lack of snow not because of the clubs. 

As for logging. There was nonligging on the open trail going up to shinningbtree but there was an old trail that was marked closed which was plowednfor logging. 

Hope this helps!

10 hours ago, snowman said:

Has anybody been up to Shinning Tree from Capreol in the past few days that can comment on any conditions?  they are supposted to be getting a little bit of snow today as i am sure they need it...

Heading up this afternoon for a ride tomorrow, this morning the sudbury trials are now showing yellow?!?!?  last night before i went to bed they were green....not sure what could have changed on all the trails in a few hours....

C trail should be in good shape, it has been groomed this week.

2 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Has there been any progress on the re-route of C111D in the logging area ?  The Moose Loop is a big highlight of our trip in two weeks.

Also, I see the trails are all yellow now.  Is this a better representation of their condition, or is the ITG not to be believed ?

BP

C111d reroute has been done.

ITG does not represent accurate trail status on NBSS trails.

We got 3 or 4 inches today

Archived