What to do ??

soupkids

5 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Time for you to call the Adjuster that Pembridge has working on the claim to get a status update.

They don't have an adjuster assigned yet was the response I got a week ago.

5 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

If you are going to keep sled for 5 to 7 years buy 17. Difference in deprication is very little on an older sled, maybe 500 bucks a year. Just beware if you have an incident you may loose more money on 17 in future, since insurance depreciates them by average yearly value, even if they are un sold new units, they have lost value in eyes of insurance, reguardless of what you pay. 

Not worried about that, they cancelled me before the dip in the water.

8 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Not worried about that, they cancelled me before the dip in the water.

That really sucks thought you had that miss understanding fixed. 

5 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

That really sucks thought you had that miss understanding fixed. 

Nope.

actually got better coverage for less

12 minutes ago, soupkids said:

They don't have an adjuster assigned yet was the response I got a week ago.

It has to be about 3 weeks since they found out. If it is and an adjuster hasn't contacted you yet then I believe you need to nicely tell them that they are being unreasonable and that you want to speak to whomever will be handling the settlement within 24 hours.

5 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Nope.

actually got better coverage for less

win, win for you then. Hopefully they treat you well and you are on your new sled soon. 

14 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Having the business acumen that you do, I'm surprised you wouldn't have considered deprecation. Soup is dealing a 2016 in this case. Depreciation itself on this age of sled is normally well more than  $1,500.00 per year. 

I did consider depreciation. If you're only going to keep it a year or two. It plays a much more significant aspect. If you plan on having it perhaps 6 or 7 or more then it's a lot less important. If you were shopping for a used sled today there wouldn't be much difference in price between a 2011 or 2010 model. In some cases a well maintained lower km 2010 would bring more than a 2011. Then there's your financial situation unique to each person. $1500 plus the 13% tax you don't pay will cover a lot of gas and lunches while riding or could be put toward other wants.

10 hours ago, soupkids said:

All good information listed above.

the 17 is way discounted with no additional discounts available,  the 18 with all discounts and my loyalty is about 1800 difference.

on the 18 I can get 0% finance or 2 yr warranty, 17 nada. I plan on not financing.

as for waiting for the 19's that kinda leaves me with no sled for the rest of the season, not an option. 

still waiting for someone from pembridge to call and make me an offer, have heard nothing from them.

Forgot about that.  If you plan to keep it  for a while get the 17.

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Forgot about that.  If you plan to keep it  for a while get the 17.

My plan was to have 2 sleds approximately 5 yrs apart.

Every 5yrs buy new had old obe down get rid of oldest.

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

My plan was to have 2 sleds approximately 5 yrs apart.

Every 5yrs buy new had old obe down get rid of oldest.

That is what I do too. Works out well and don't get stuck with a piece of junk. That why I always take newer one when I go by myself and older one sees less miles. Probably do 7 or so years now, maybe 10 with four strokes. 

Archived