Sudbury motels on Opened trails

Muskoka cat guy

Sudbury is suppose to get a blasting of snow Monday Tuesday

We maybe looking to ride Thursday Friday if the conditions are good

Do any of you guys know a motels that are on OPEN trails

Chateau  guy, moonlight inn, valley inn, northland hotel, windy lake motel, sportmans lodge.

Think that's about it.

Moonlight trail is closed but thanks for the info I will look to see if any are on an opened trail

Watching this thread, as i too may look into heading that way with our current conditions.

3 hours ago, soupkids said:

Chateau  guy, moonlight inn, valley inn, northland hotel, windy lake motel, sportmans lodge.

Think that's about it.

does Rocky's not have rooms anymore? they are on the ITG as having rooms available.?

2 hours ago, Nunz said:

does Rocky's not have rooms anymore? they are on the ITG as having rooms available.?

We stayed there twice (first and last) about year 2000. The rooms were extremely (understatement) small and were in what I can only assume was a old lumber camp trailer a km or so inland from the restaurant.

50 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

We stayed there twice (first and last) about year 2000. The rooms were extremely (understatement) small and were in what I can only assume was a old lumber camp trailer a km or so inland from the restaurant.

I wasn't aware of that. Can anyone confirm if the accommodations are the same nowadays?

I'll try to confirm tomorrow 

On 20/01/2018 at 7:44 PM, revrnd said:

I wasn't aware of that. Can anyone confirm if the accommodations are the same nowadays?

I can confirm that the accommodations are very very different.

From the manager at Rockies today.

Good afternoon Kevin,

We have five cabins available to rent. 60 a night 10 extra if you have a pet. There is also a 20 dollar key deposit on top of the 60 but you get the 20 back when the key is returned. There is two bunk beds in each cabin. Queen on the bottom twin on top. Stove and table inside each cabin and a keuring coffee machine in each cabin which we supply the coffee tea or hot chocolate for. There is no showers inside but there is a shower located inside the gas bar which the customers have access to during business hours. Our business ours are for the gas bar Monday to Thursday 9am-8pm Friday to Saturday 8am-9pm and Sunday 8am-8pm
Restaurant hours are Monday-Thursday 11am-8pm Friday to Saturday 8am-9m and Sunday 8am-8pm

Thank you for your help and it was nice meeting you.
Heather Hill
Rocky’s manager 

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image1.jpeg

When I was last there - a few years ago in the summer - there was a similar sized building next to those cabins which was the outhouse for all of them - no running water.  Not mentioned above -  would check this before reserving.

2 hours ago, slomo said:

When I was last there - a few years ago in the summer - there was a similar sized building next to those cabins which was the outhouse for all of them - no running water.  Not mentioned above -  would check this before reserving.

At least the old camp trailer we stayed in there had a communal toilet inside if I remember correctly. The lack of that would have ingrained a permanent memory for me I'm sure.

4 hours ago, slomo said:

Just got an email from Fairbank Lake resort - they are keeping some cabins open for the winter have restaurant, on trail - best to call ahead and make arrangements:

info: 

http://fairbanklakeresort.com/index.html

One of Freezer Burned favourite stops.

6 hours ago, slomo said:

Correct

Archived