Dealership Deals

andreyboater

I'm Looking for deal on new 2016-2018 GRAND TOURING 1200 SE. If someone have some suggestion or information on good deal it will be awesome.  Thank's

Thumb[6].jpg

I bought a new 900,  2017 grand touring. Real nice snowmobile. 1200 Is a pretty heavy machine. 900 is actually a quick sled at trail speeds up to 100 km/hr, feels stronger then my 600 etec. Defiantly wouldn't want any more front end weight on an already heavy sled. 

My dealer has a grand touring 900 le, 2017 at a good price. Just keep cases and bags from your old sled. Have both an le and se, both ride good. Not sure if I would go se route again or not. 

My friend has 2015 touring le 900 ACE

Nice sled I ride it on trail for test around 50 km. Smooth, good performance, but  looks like on my 1200 I feel less bumps. Maybe because  air suspension or a little bit lighter machine.

6 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

My friend has 2015 touring le 900 ACE

Nice sled I ride it on trail for test around 50 km. Smooth, good performance, but  looks like on my 1200 I feel less bumps. Maybe because  air suspension or a little bit lighter machine.

Might be way the le is setup. You can get them very close if you play with machine. Adjustable is nice on se when riding two up, no doubt. My dealer had a 2018 SE 1200 when I was last in. Maybe it will go on sale soon. 

I don't get this obsession with light weight at all costs.  Yes it matters if you are going to ride off trail and hill climb and play around like we all did as kids.  But on a trail like we ride, having MASS makes a sled ride smoother especially in the front end.  It is harder to influence the steady direction the sled is moving by and external force such as hitting a drift, ridge, or snowball.  When I ride a buddies 600 MXZ, I find it bouncing around by ridges of loose snow.  It seems most pronounced in the front end.  However, my T-Cat or 7000 with more MASS actually has the front suspension cycling up and down instead of the whole sled being tossed.  I would assume the compression damping of the shocks would have a lot to do with this as they would be stiff thus allowing the trail disturbance to get to the chassis.  Since I last rode his MXZ, he has replaced the whole front end with RAS2 "A" arms and adjustable shocks that have the damping set full soft. I don't know how much this has improved it.

For this reason, I could agree that the 1200 is a smoother cruising sled.  The only way to objectively test this is ride both sleds, the same day, on the same trail.  Getting a new sled, and waiting and waiting for snow that never comes, makes the memory of how the previous sled actually felt fade away.  I have all my old sleds going back to 1995 with my personally modified Wildcat Touring with my BPLT long travel, wide stance front suspension mod and rebuildable FOX shocks.  Also the home made long travel TSL 136" rear skid.  Believe it or not, that is the fastest of my sleds through the bush.  The low COG shines here.  Another buddy has a 50th anniversary Apex, a 16 Viper LTX DX and an ETEC 600 MXZ.  He loves the Apex for the solid settled ride it has.

I wonder what cost the least in the front end mods ?  The RAS2 upgrade kit and shocks, or the used 99 ZR700 "A" arms, tie rods, and FOX shocks, and the used Powder Special spindles I bought at Snowline.  I know my bump steer does not exist.  That sled has a STEEL engine cradle and it does not suffer exiting a corner with skis in the air.

BP

I have a 2016 renegade 1200 ,very smooth on trail ,only time you really notice extra weight is off trail,or side hilling ,stuff like that.It has 3 modes ,i like standard mode for most riding .It has nice low end torque that would be great for 2 up riding .That being said , i would not want a touring sled with any less power .I had a xp 800 that was lighter and   more unsettled at times,but in the bush you could carve it up .I agree with bp ,a little extra weight does make a better all around sled.The ace 900 is only 25 lbs lighter 

I just find heavier sleds like 1200 most of weight is in front end. So it hurts shoulders by end of the day. 900 is well balanced and weight is less noticeable then most four strokes. I have bad shoulders from competive heavy lifting over my shoulders ,  that I did in my younger days. 

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

I just find heavier sleds like 1200 most of weight is in front end. So it hurts shoulders by end of the day. 900 is well balanced and weight is less noticeable then most four strokes. I have bad shoulders from competive heavy lifting over my shoulders ,  that I did in my younger days. 

In our younger days we are invincible... I am paying the price now with my knees and back for my younger days.

10 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

You should try a 4 stroke with power steering. 

Learning to drive the heavy 4 strokes is key to having a good, non hurtful day. My cat has a 144 inch track with 32 inches of dual row carbide. The only time my shoulders hurt is when they get cold. You steer with the throttle.

I see only one benefit of this weather,  hope it will push dealers to make sweat deals :D 

32 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

I see only one benefit of this weather,  hope it will push dealers to make sweat deals :D 

No deals until fall I find. 

11 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

No deals until fall I find. 

quite the opposite, I have always found the best deals are in the Spring, when we bought ours in the Spring there was a 3000 rebate and the dealer was willing to discount a bit more, same sled in the fall we would have paid $1000 more each and no dealer rebate.

Best deals are when manus give rebate and the dealer interest starts.

I have owned a lot of sleds over the years and given the last few winters could not bring myself to dropping any money on a new unit.

On 1/20/2018 at 9:46 AM, 02Sled said:

In our younger days we are invincible... I am paying the price now with my knees and back for my younger days.

Rodeo calf roping days 02?

Image result for rodeo calf roping

5 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

I have owned a lot of sleds over the years and given the last few winters could not bring myself to dropping any money on a new unit.

Yup.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yup.

X3. 

No new(er) sled(s) in the forecast until I have a little more faith in the weather. 

Just paying 12 months insurance for ~2 months use is rotting my socks. 

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Rodeo calf roping days 02?

Image result for rodeo calf roping

Yup... and a wee bit of time bulldogging. I thought I was invincible. Stepping off a horse while it's still running or sliding off a horse at a full run to grab a steer by the horns takes a toll. At least I wasn't foolish enough to ride bulls or broncs.

17 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Spring time manufacturer clearance of surplus inventory. We saved huge on our two new Cats in April. Approx. $6K less than the msrp.

4 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Spring time manufacturer clearance of surplus inventory. We saved huge on our two new Cats in April. Approx. $6K less than the msrp.

I find skidoo doesn't in spring because they promise snow check customer the best deal. Come fall usually rebate the left over models accordingly. 

12 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I find skidoo doesn't in spring because they promise snow check customer the best deal. Come fall usually rebate the left over models accordingly. 

That's not such a great deal for the dealerships. They are financing the inventory they have on hand and paying interest on it while it sits over the summer months and having to have the space to store it.

Skidoo it seems may not care about things like that. They also dictate to the dealers how much inventory they have to take each year. Years ago the Wasaga skidoo dealer had a really bad sales year due to no snow and essentially sold only a few sleds of the inventory they had on hand. The next year skidoo told them here's the number of sleds you will be taking for this year. He explained how much left over inventory he had from last year, the lack of space etc. They didn't care. He chose not to be a skidoo dealer anymore.

Archived