End already ?

Fastwhitecat

8 minutes ago, hancop said:

they always seem to get the rain right and are always wrong with the snow so does not look good

x2

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, gobills said:

no way its done!!  Next weekend looks like a huge storm is coming in on Sunday up in Halliburton area, Yes its a week away but lets hope it happens and they are right.  Calling for 30cm sunday and up to 10 Monday.  Fingers crossed and toes crossed LOL

I sure hope you're right. I was in Port Severn today and just shook my head. I saw people unloading at the township park to ride. Not much snow around at all. Our portion of C trail was still yellow but it was a marginal yellow in my estimate. I believe it has now been updated to closed. I stopped at the Esso station hwy 12 and hwy 400 in Waubaushene. I was surprised to see sleds out there enduring some significant road rash. All the blue line on the closed trail would have been either asphalt or dirt without a bit of snow.

Capture1.JPG.465361e4102fd6326ee13756bb61019f.JPG

8 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Lots of boats on display and crowded. Had 16k - 500k along with canoes and kayaks. Took me 5hrs to look around and didn't see all.

The water show was entertaining. 

You're retired now aren't you... We went Wed and were there about 10 mins after they opened. The place was quite quiet up until about 3 PM when it started to fill up just a bit more. We were there about 5 hours as well and managed to see all we wanted to see. What really made me shake my head was the $277,000.00 pontoon boat they had just put a sold sign on.

8 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

You're retired now aren't you... We went Wed and were there about 10 mins after they opened. The place was quite quiet up until about 3 PM when it started to fill up just a bit more. We were there about 5 hours as well and managed to see all we wanted to see. What really made me shake my head was the $277,000.00 pontoon boat they had just put a sold sign on.

with the twin 350's on it??  Ya crazy!!!

7 minutes ago, gobills said:

you saw it too... I didn't imagine it... it was for real :D

15 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

you saw it too... I didn't imagine it... it was for real :D

I've been poking around kijiji and can't believe how much pontoons are going for! I think I need to start building them haha

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Yep ... retired... but :D there is a shortage of pilots and Instructors ... let's just say when they call .... I can say " I'll think about it ". Money is not everything , unless you want to buy a boat :rolleyes:

20180120_133919.jpg

3 hours ago, gobills said:

What about the one with the thriple 300's outboard.  Didn't know why Yamaha had a snowmobile on display .. it attracted quite a lot of attention. 

In less than 12 hours the forecast went from almost 40cms of snow next weekend to zero!!!!  MAN WTF!!!! Where is all of this lake effect snow that there talking about in the fall.

One more week and maybe things will improve.I really thought we were going to have a good winter this year.Starting to look at a trip to the great white north.Being in southern ontario,trailering use to mean markdale,maybe huntsville,not anymore.

When there are no trails in North Bay or Temagami anymore, maybe there will be less denial that here HAS been a change in climate and it is continuing.  It won't be long until the Northern Corridor are the ONLY trails left.  How many trips can one afford to make in a season with the need to work to earn a living, the cost of rooms, food, trailering gas, and the two lost days going up and back.  Not to mention the beat up trails once you get here with everyone who still wants to ride up there from the south.   Eventually the yearly optimism will dwindle.  I have already lost it last year.  I will not live to see the cycle reverse.  Three trail passes and 158 km so far.  And the Lesters keep writing articles about the low cost of snowmobiling.

BP

12 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Yep ... retired... but :D there is a shortage of pilots and Instructors ... let's just say when they call .... I can say " I'll think about it ". Money is not everything , unless you want to buy a boat :rolleyes:

20180120_133919.jpg

You know that BOAT stands for bring out another thousand. LOL

Well the good news is from Pembroke West across Algq. Park its all snow north of there. Missing link in Stonecliffe has good base and with the 20 - 50 cm of snow it should fill in the trails there for good riding less distance to trailer. 

19 minutes ago, gobills said:

My enthusiasm is dwindling big time to the point of getting out of the sport and into something else.

We just finished our cochrane and it was great .but probably only one more of them this winter .i am a atv fanatic and we get alot more riding in and more bang for the buck for sure .i sled just to get out of the wifes hair

22 minutes ago, gobills said:

My enthusiasm is dwindling big time to the point of getting out of the sport and into something else.

Stop that nonsense talk...lol

3 hours ago, gobills said:

In less than 12 hours the forecast went from almost 40cms of snow next weekend to zero!!!!  MAN WTF!!!! Where is all of this lake effect snow that there talking about in the fall.

I wasn’t happy to see the forecast thismorning either...good thing is, North Bay is getting lots (15-20cm) today into tomorrow. Watch the map turn yellow up there. Hoping they’ll have it ready for the weekend 

It'll be interesting to see just where that line between rain and snow falls THIS time. 

I think my Ontario sledding is done for a while. 

14 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

20180120_133919.jpg

So when does the new boat arrive? First week of May? Nice centre console.

Each year I go to the boat show and essentially come home with nothing but reading material. I haven't seen anything I like enough to make me want to replace the one we have. The only real innovation that I like is many have a small flip up section on the full width stern sun pad to walk from the swim platform into the cockpit. Ours you have to go over the pad so we sit on it and spin the legs around.

14 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

What about the one with the thriple 300's outboard.  Didn't know why Yamaha had a snowmobile on display .. it attracted quite a lot of attention. 

I think that was the black one with the electric blue lights below the deck over the pontoons. That was the cheap pontoon at $122,000.00 I believe.

As for the Yamaha sled, smart move. They have the opportunity to showcase all their products with a focus on boats. Boaters are often cottagers that enjoy the outdoors. Great opportunity to get them thinking/talking about something they may not have thought about before.  

Just got back from cochrane .thin snow from south of kirkland lake to muskoka .going to take a big blast and cold to get some green trails .have not seen this crap for a long time 

3 hours ago, BruteMan said:

Well the good news is from Pembroke West across Algq. Park its all snow north of there. Missing link in Stonecliffe has good base and with the 20 - 50 cm of snow it should fill in the trails there for good riding less distance to trailer. 

X2 did 800 km's on the east side of park last winter. Beauty trails. Usually start in mattawa and go to pembroke and back. 

2 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

X2 did 800 km's on the east side of park last winter. Beauty trails. Usually start in mattawa and go to pembroke and back. 

Ed and I will be in Mattawa for a weekend of riding Feb 9th to the 11th should be rock solid riding there based on the 14 day forecast im seeing nothing but snow over the next 14 days up there.

Sounds like Mattawa is going to get a blast tonight and tomorrow 

TWN cant even get the weather right for today 1 cm snow my arse! this was just taken out my front door...

5a665270e6fe6_IMG_2455(Large).thumb.jpeg.705e9ef2c75bbb89ff0aecbb86ecf331.jpeg

Archived