Kirkland lake corridor

DOM

Some input needed 

Kirkland lake or Timmins or temiskaming shores

which city would you stage from 

don’t want to go as far as cochrane 

want a hotel with a hot tub 

recommendations for this corridor would be great 

Timmins is a solid home camp. I've stayed there a couple times for a week plus and had a blast. I'd push further north now though as the Southern/Western trails are all closed which limits your options for tours. Quebec maybe? I only rode there once for a day so I have no suggestion otherwise

56 minutes ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Lindsay is the poster child for non sled friendly.

...followed closely by Huntsville...

rain Sunday Monday Huntsville

1 1/2 snow Kirkland Lake Cochrane Timmins Kap

Hopefully everyone gets home safely before the storm

We have always liked the Quality Inn at New Liskeard. Has pool and hot tub. They have large parking area at the back to leave truck and trailer while you are away. Park sleds outside room door. Downside is that you have to go across the road or kitter corner to eat. Nice one day trip to either Timmins or Cochrane from there.

Trails aren't open at present but should be good by the end of February. If you are looking for rooms there and they aren't available, I have 2 adjoining rooms booked there for February 22nd and Feb. 27th that we now find we aren't going to use. PM me if you want them before I cancel them. Anyone else interested in the rooms can contact me as well. First come first served.

30 minutes ago, Muskoka cat guy said:

rain Sunday Monday Huntsville

1 1/2 snow Kirkland Lake Cochrane Timmins Kap

Hopefully everyone gets home safely before the storm

Looks like after the snow next sunday monday, Liskeard north should be good to go..Should being the word..

2 hours ago, irREVerent said:

...followed closely by Huntsville...

AMEN to that!!! It's ridiculous !!

47 minutes ago, Micar said:

AMEN to that!!! It's ridiculous !!

3rd that

9 hours ago, stoney said:

I recall Kirkland not being such a sled friendly town.....but maybe I am mixing KL with another small town.

Kirkland Lake was fine when we stayed there last year.There is a Quality Inn close to town and the trail goes right out the back.Have to take a cab to restaurants though.

6 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

3rd that

4th !

I only rode kirkland area briefly a few years back but didnt find it to be unsledly. Huntsville takes the prize for sure pretty sad.

Archived