Cobden area

GrizzlyGriff

Going to Cobden on Jan 26. Traded a timeshare into logos land. (Between Renfrew and Pembroke on A trail). Looking like we may cancel which means I lose the week.  Anyone have any inside info on trail openings in the area soon?

that's not too far from me right now there's barely a base to work with from the last warm up right now were a crap shoot on the next warm up on daily checks at TWN says snow on monday the next says rain as of right now the weather says there's about 3-7 cm of snow coming this weekend but rain 10mm on tuesday now. there's no promise of a good snowfall before the 26th but long term is showing a lot of snow falling from the 26th to the 31st but i wouldn't bet any money on a forecast that far off. 

the base from Chalk River West is open and trails are a little thin which isn't too far up the road from cobden (45 min) if you want to trailer a little to ride and that area west looks to be missing most of this rain thats coming but id say its a 50/50 chance for cobden right now.

Id check after this Tuesday there's a chance this rain will actually be snow with the temps that i'm seeing if it is snow trails will most likely open Timberline SC is reporting all their ice crossings still hver 17" of ice so they just need the snow to open.

Capture.JPG

Thanks BruteMan. Great response 

Just arrived at our camp in Deux Riveres. There is just enough snow to ride here and for the poker run on Saturday. I think we may cancel our week at Cobden as well and stick around here. Will know more tomorrow.

2 hours ago, iangj said:

Just arrived at our camp in Deux Riveres. There is just enough snow to ride here and for the poker run on Saturday. I think we may cancel our week at Cobden as well and stick around here. Will know more tomorrow.

Iangj you guys interested in a go for dinner ride to Mattawa Tomorrow afternoon we probably will not launch till around 12 - 1pm from stonecliffe. let me know we can pick ya up on the way. I assume your staying at Antlers Kingfisher Lodge?

I'm starting to think i should become a weatherman LoL updated forecast as of this morning showing just snow now no rain up here: 

Capture.JPG

13 minutes ago, BruteMan said:

I'm starting to think i should become a weatherman LoL updated forecast as of this morning showing just snow now no rain up here: 

Capture.JPG

Nice! Parry sound has also changed!  10-15 on Monday with snow in the forecast much of the 14day!   all of my snow dancing has paid off....Having a large bon fire tonight to celebrate!  oh maybe wait they may change it tomorrow....:blink:

i don't think this is going to change been watching Environmental radar and jet stream and its been trending down towards great lakes since last monday over the week now if anything it'll keep getting colder and less snow falling but i think most middle to northern areas are going to avoid the rain.

12 hours ago, iangj said:

Hi Ian!

10 hours ago, BruteMan said:

Iangj you guys interested in a go for dinner ride to Mattawa Tomorrow afternoon we probably will not launch till around 12 - 1pm from stonecliffe. let me know we can pick ya up on the way. I assume your staying at Antlers Kingfisher Lodge?

PM me and I'll give you my cell #. We have our own camp just west of Antler's near the Brent Rd.

I'm thinking the trail west to Mattawa is going to be very rough. One of our club members said the the A has rocks to watch out for heading west from Bissett Creek as you get close to Deux Rivieres so be carefull.

10-4 well were about to leave Arnprior here in 30 mins or so sent you my Cell # as well will text you once were on the trails.

Archived