Collingwood to Wasaga B to Midland trails?

coolbane

Yep. Had a lovely ride from Waubaushene to Sunnidale Corners and back today. Light on snow, especially near Wasaga Beach, but still pretty good overall. Conditions deteriorated a bit as the day wore on, even with low to moderate sled traffic.

I would not hesitate to repeat the trip tomorrow, in fact I might. A few inches of snow would help.

Factor in some warming weather and higher traffic volumes though, and the fair conditions could go downhill quickly. I have no intention of being in that area on the weekend.

First 2 pics were taken on the 601, east of Wasaga.

Next two pics from the B Trail, near Sunnidale Corners.

20180117_105038.jpg

20180117_105111.jpg

20180117_112229.jpg

20180117_112247.jpg

Starting at wasaga thismorning, thanks for the pictures!

10 hours ago, Blake G said:

First 2 pics were taken on the 601, east of Wasaga.

Next two pics from the B Trail, near Sunnidale Corners.

20180117_105038.jpg

20180117_105111.jpg

20180117_112229.jpg

20180117_112247.jpg

I got gas at sunnidale corners yesterday and saw your sled. The 301/601 was pretty good. Even though we lost the snow the moguls were gone.

Heading that way tomorrow from Lindsay and have never been in that area, any suggestions where to launch from.

Thanks

Mark

1 hour ago, MXZ41 said:

Heading that way tomorrow from Lindsay and have never been in that area, any suggestions where to launch from.

Thanks

Mark

If your looking to launch in Wasaga likely the best place is where the local clubhouse and groomer is based. That's the sports park at the intersection of Veteran's Way and Klondike Park Rd. Klondike Park Rd. runs north off hwy 26 east of Stayner. Circled in blue 1888 Klondike Park Rd. Lots of room for parking truck and trailer.

Capture1.JPG.003fb6963b87693511c96f03f6dbd657.JPG

Great spot to park lots of room and right in the trail.   He small loop off the main trail behind the club house normally holds snow well but watch out for people hiking back in that area.

Earlier today some trails had gone yellow over to Collingwood but appears the changed to red again 

We're leaving from Stayner tomorrow and heading up to midland for lunch and back. Tomorrow is the last day Id want to be on them with the weather and traffic coming. 

Paramuir, I originally planned on going over to Pretty River Park in the morning as those trails opened today, weren't open long until they were red again like you said.

3 hours ago, Basketcase said:

We're leaving from Stayner tomorrow and heading up to midland for lunch and back. Tomorrow is the last day Id want to be on them with the weather and traffic coming. 

Paramuir, I originally planned on going over to Pretty River Park in the morning as those trails opened today, weren't open long until they were red again like you said.

I did that exact ride today although I rode thru waubaushene for gas and a quick snack. Trails in the bush are really good, trails in the fields aren’t, wind has blown most snow off . I did see a groomer out doing the best he could!

11 hours ago, MXZ41 said:

Thanks

Mark

If I were you I'd park in Orillia, at the municipal lot located at Carlyon Drive and Division Road. The trails are going to be thinner than you might like, regardless of where you ride in the Orillia to Collingwood area tomorrow. There is more snow closer to Midland.

Towed a fellow sledder halfway between wasaga and midland today, thinks he may have popped something but hopefully not. Was only running on one cylinder and wouldn’t start again

Not sure if he’s on here, but if so, curious what he finds went wrong. 

23 hours ago, Basketcase said:

Towed a fellow sledder halfway between wasaga and midland today, thinks he may have popped something but hopefully not. Was only running on one cylinder and wouldn’t start again

Not sure if he’s on here, but if so, curious what he finds went wrong. 

What make and model and or engine was it? 

Archived