Can’t wait for Snow.... Going to Cochrane

Pota

I see the weather forecast for the next couple weeks in the area I ride  ( Huntsville ) isn’t looking to promising. I decided to get off my ass, and booked a few days next week at the Westway in Cochrane. I will arrive Monday night and ride Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday. Having spoken with Nunz and reading the forum, I plan on doing loops from Westway. In no particular order, I will ride to Kap one day, canyon 2nd and to Timmons 3rd day. This will be my first time up there and I am looking forward to it. I am flying solo and am wondering if I can tag along with anyone for 1 or all days. Or if anyone cares to venture up I’d be glad to meet up for a ride. I hear the conditions are great and can’t wait any longer down here.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pota, if you are interested and can change your days, you are welcome to join OntarioF7 and I in Kap.  We are arriving Thursday and driving home Monday and are planning on riding the local loops around Kap.  This is my first run of the season so I prefer a base with loops and actually prefer the Kap area.  The loops near Moonbeam are fantastic.  A couple of years ago, we spent three days in the area, logged about 250 - 275 Km per day and were probably within 75 Km of the hotel at all times.

This invitation is open to anyone else as well.

We are arriving in cochrane fri night and riding sat and sun and heading home on mon..forcast is looking good 

15 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Pota, if you are interested and can change your days, you are welcome to join OntarioF7 and I in Kap.  We are arriving Thursday and driving home Monday and are planning on riding the local loops around Kap.  This is my first run of the season so I prefer a base with loops and actually prefer the Kap area.  The loops near Moonbeam are fantastic.  A couple of years ago, we spent three days in the area, logged about 250 - 275 Km per day and were probably within 75 Km of the hotel at all times.

Thx SJ but can’t change dates as I have to be home on weekend 

Understood.  Hope you can find someone to join you.  Not a great idea to be on your own up there.

22 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

We are heading to kap on sat from cochrane .lunch then doing a couple loops around kap them back home 

Black 800 doo.yellow 600 doo 

Keep your fingers crossed.... things can always change abruptly. I just saw on the news that Halifax which was on a 65 yr record setting snow drought just got dumped on and are currently digging out. You may still be able to ride closer to home.

We will look for you.  Where you thinking for lunch?

We are on a red / black Vector and silver Apex.  If parked, my flashing lights will be obvious :-)

Moonbeam maybe or kap timmies .not sure .going to pack on some ks and eat at night .might not be a lot of good runs this season 

Will see your ride .i also had a red and black 13 vector long track before  switching over to the doo side .hope i dont regret it 

2 hours ago, sledjunk said:

u guys staying at super 8.few us up fri nite & sat nite...canyon & Cochrane sunday

Staying at Advantage Motel at the other end of town.  $65 sledders special and decent accommodations.  Nothing fancy, but don't need fancy.

10 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Staying at Advantage Motel at the other end of town.  $65 sledders special and decent accommodations.  Nothing fancy, but don't need fancy.

I get ahold of u when we arrive

Sounds good.

Heading up solo late friday drive thru the nihht hope to be in town aroind 6-7am cant wait on southern snow any longer

Which town?  Have a safe drive.  Can be tough driving alone.

8 hours ago, jensen22 said:

Heading up solo late friday drive thru the nihht hope to be in town aroind 6-7am cant wait on southern snow any longer

5 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Which town?  Have a safe drive.  Can be tough driving alone.

sledjunk is right Jensen...rather meet u for lunch than breakfast...if it means not meeting u at all...dark single lane hi-way with zero to look at...unless u got big bag of Columbia marching powder don't do...freak I have never made full trip as passenger without seniors snooze..a .member on here did same thing last yr...everything into scrap metal with in seconds...going deep here

Booked at the moose in SRF for saturday night you guys are freaking awesome thou thanks for any concern truly appreciated. I got a fever and the only prescription is more sledding. Rather drive up late with a solid after work nap then drive up and get there at 2am 

1 hour ago, jensen22 said:

Booked at the moose in SRF for saturday night you guys are freaking awesome thou thanks for any concern truly appreciated. I got a fever and the only prescription is more sledding. Rather drive up late with a solid after work nap then drive up and get there at 2am 

Be careful and do NOT fall asleep at the wheel.  WD is right.  It's a long straight and BORING drive up there.  Make sure you keep in touch with everyone so we know you made it okay.   Yes, they are a great group of guys.  How long do you plan on staying up there??  We are THINKING about going up Monday to Timmins.

8 hours ago, jensen22 said:

Great!  Watch for us in the Moonbeam / Kap area.  Drive safely and hope to see you up there.

Extreme, I’m arriving in Cochrane Monday, any chance of meeting up for ride tue-thurs?

Have fun up there...something wrong with or tow vehicle keeps hanging a right in NB ...lol. Of to Qu for another wkd. 

On 1/16/2018 at 5:49 PM, Pota said:

I see the weather forecast for the next couple weeks in the area I ride  ( Huntsville ) isn’t looking to promising. I decided to get off my ass, and booked a few days next week at the Westway in Cochrane. I will arrive Monday night and ride Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday. Having spoken with Nunz and reading the forum, I plan on doing loops from Westway. In no particular order, I will ride to Kap one day, canyon 2nd and to Timmons 3rd day. This will be my first time up there and I am looking forward to it. I am flying solo and am wondering if I can tag along with anyone for 1 or all days. Or if anyone cares to venture up I’d be glad to meet up for a ride. I hear the conditions are great and can’t wait any longer down here.

Hey, Pota...sent you a PM.

13 hours ago, Pota said:

Extreme, I’m arriving in Cochrane Monday, any chance of meeting up for ride tue-thurs?

Pota, for sure.  I will pm you tonight.

On 2018-01-16 at 8:34 PM, sledjunk said:

Sounds good.

It was good seeing you and OF7 today!  Thanks for the bevvy after riding !

Archived