Parry Sound

Muskoka cat guy

anybody ridden Parry Sound area lately

was thinking of riding through that area Thursday Friday before the weekend rush

My Buddy trailered up to the Moon River Bridge just south of MacTier on saturday for a ride.  Got over the bridge rode for minute and then went back to the truck. He said they were done.  Not sure how much snow they got over the past few days.

apparently the groomer for Parry Sound said everything was groomed and ready for snowmobiling 

they patched a lot of water spots and fixed everything up

just checking before I go over there to ride if anyone has ridden them this week

Somewhere someone posted the rode C from Macdougall north of Parry Sound to Horeshoe Lake south of Parry Sound. Apparently there was just enough loose snow for cooling but there were a fair number of rocks poking through and the trail was tough on the sled. He said he wished that he had taken his older sled.

i have a need to get out and ride but not that bad

Rode the Sequin on Sunday, started out good, past trail 201 started hitting lots of rutted icy spots where somebody rode when trails were soft. Groomer had not been past 201, not sure if they were going to try and fix this week.Just slow down and look out for these spots.Good thing no water, everything frozen.201 had been groomed, just a  few icy spots.

Trails are thin seen  a few sleds out on the weekend its limited condition as the map shows so you will encounter different conditions along the way.

I went out for about an hour Sunday morning from top c trail by Rankin Lake road onto Seguin then to 201 decided not to complete full loop.Trails did get groomed

Sat night but snow is needed.If you were to go I would try before the weekend clubs are doing an awesome job trying keeping base healthy.

Hopefully we get more snow, I’m going either way on Thursday as long as trails remain open...there has been some other trails that are opening here and there so that’s a good sign

1 hour ago, cravesledding said:

Trails are thin seen  a few sleds out on the weekend its limited condition as the map shows so you will encounter different conditions along the way.

I went out for about an hour Sunday morning from top c trail by Rankin Lake road onto Seguin then to 201 decided not to complete full loop.Trails did get groomed

Sat night but snow is needed.If you were to go I would try before the weekend clubs are doing an awesome job trying keeping base healthy.

+1

That’s good to see! 

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed trails went to limited again,did not think there was enough snow to have groomers go out cover all bare spots and mud holes.

Was at the cottage over the weekend which is on the Seguin near Orville, being mild on Saturday guys should of stayed off but gotta ride right, heavy traffic Saturday and colder temps Sunday left pure ice on the trails, not a single sled on Sunday... 

Orrville? the bakery there is out of this world for food and sweats

rode through before the meltdown had the veal sandwitch and pastry all good

10 minutes ago, Muskoka cat guy said:

Orrville? the bakery there is out of this world for food and sweats

rode through before the meltdown had the veal sandwitch and pastry all good

Mmmmm Butter tarts.... with raisins.

Back to red hope snowfall comes as predicted for tomorrow.In my next life I want to be a weatherman only job you can f up every day and not get fired.

7 hours ago, cravesledding said:

Back to red hope snowfall comes as predicted for tomorrow.In my next life I want to be a weatherman only job you can f up every day and not get fired.

they dont hire men anymore 

your getting old Bill like me I don't like it cold anymore

-15C and below I am having a tough time snowmobiling lol

1 hour ago, Muskoka cat guy said:

your getting old Bill like me I don't like it cold anymore

-15C and below I am having a tough time snowmobiling lol

Leave cold and snow for me I can handle it:D

Archived