New 2018 yamaha ltx dx!

Baylaker

19 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

There’s enough room on the yamacat seat for 2. Girlfriend and I tested it out today...

Good to know for the few times a year I ride double. 

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

There’s enough room on the yamacat seat for 2. Girlfriend and I tested it out today...

The wife and I double up as well from time to time when she wants to go for a ride and it’s still roomy and comfortable for both of us. 

4 hours ago, Baylaker said:

I wanted all black but they don’t offer the heated seat with the ltx dx in black for 2018, which is weird. Orange just isn’t yamaha imo.

I agree that's why I'm Changing it out for the black.

4 hours ago, Baylaker said:

It’s all about the heart! I think it’s very good for both companies. Yamaha gets a wicked suspension and cat gets the best engine in the biz! Win win!! Makes for a very fun and super reliable sled!

cat is selling the VK 540 as a bearcat.

Congrats. 

19 hours ago, Baylaker said:

This thing is sweet! I wasn’t really a fan of the grey/blue colour combo, but it grew on me. I originally wanted all black again, but the all black ltx dx didn’t come with the heated seat or medium windshield. I was going to put my tall windshield on it regardless, but really wanted that heated seat. 

I sure did miss the sound of that 4 stroke, happy to be back on a yammer hammer! 

I also took the plate numbers and cut them out since they’re the same blue colour. Took a while cutting them out, but I’m sick of paying $80 for custom numbers. Lol

I hope that yours will start better than my 16 viper in the -20 range.   Mine always seems to give up some pretty good backfires when starting, almost deafening when starting in the trailer, not sure why but seems like it is injecting too much fuel when too cold....have talked and seen others with this issue as well...  I like the colors as well!  like my black one but shows all the scratches from my bushwacking....:blink:

7 hours ago, zoso said:

cat is selling the VK 540 as a bearcat.

My buddy has one, but it has a different motor in it. Only good for 70mph. Geared low, but has huge skis on the front lol 

1 hour ago, snowman said:

I hope that yours will start better than my 16 viper in the -20 range.   Mine always seems to give up some pretty good backfires when starting, almost deafening when starting in the trailer, not sure why but seems like it is injecting too much fuel when too cold....have talked and seen others with this issue as well...  I like the colors as well!  like my black one but shows all the scratches from my bushwacking....:blink:

My 16’ would do the same sometimes too. Supposedly a new yamaha computer in the 17s & 18s. Mine started up fine yesterday at -15. No O2 sensor on the exhaust either on the 18’s.

7 hours ago, Baylaker said:

My buddy has one, but it has a different motor in it. Only good for 70mph. Geared low, but has huge skis on the front lol 

The cat model is the same engine as the yamaha model. 540 fan cooled, it is the exact saqme sled as the yamaha, made by yamaha and badged as a cat. 2018_VK540_black_1.pngBearcatXT_Blu_2018_w.png

1 hour ago, zoso said:

The cat model is the same engine as the yamaha model. 540 fan cooled, it is the exact saqme sled as the yamaha, made by yamaha and badged as a cat. 2018_VK540_black_1.pngBearcatXT_Blu_2018_w.png

Haven’t seen that one yet lol, this is the bearcat I was talking about..

6BC782F5-DD18-4284-BE08-813C4E55FCBA.png

1 hour ago, zoso said:

That is all cat.

Has a different 4 stroke engine in it though. Not a yami, I forget what’s in it..

10 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Has a different 4 stroke engine in it though. Not a yami, I forget what’s in it..

Comes with a 65hp China built 4-stroke or the 600 CTEC 2-strke from Cat.

46 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

The 700 chinese made four stroke. Sad but true, it is called the 2300, is also in the pantera.

Welcome back to Yamaha!!  I was surprised when I saw you bought a 850   I just remember trying to get you buddy"s Ski-doo going with our Yamaha's at the Sportsman lodge one morning  lol

XTC500,  You have had a history of pretty red sleds.

26 minutes ago, XTC500 said:

That 540 fan has a lot of experience. I had a 1980 Yamaha Excel V with the 540 fan in it. That's not the first year they had it either.

download.jpg

So has that VK chassis. Makes you wonder who is paying 11500 msrp for those old tech sleds. Find a used one for 2k and get the exact same machine. i guess they will not sell too many, I mean how many 80 year old trappers are still working the line.

2 hours ago, gr8toy said:

Welcome back to Yamaha!!  I was surprised when I saw you bought a 850   I just remember trying to get you buddy"s Ski-doo going with our Yamaha's at the Sportsman lodge one morning  lol

Ahahaha! I was looking at that photo of my buddies doo with the panels off the other day! The Frenchman got er goin though! I remembered how he did that and had to do the same thing on another buddies doo...

How do you like the sidewinder gr8toy?

6 hours ago, gr8toy said:

Love it  Once set up its great.If you have any interest we are heading to Quebec Feb 20-24  8 of us going.  We did it last year and it was the best trip ever!!!!

Thankyou for the offer! I would love too, but started my own landscaping business a couple years ago and also into the snow removal gig as well. I can’t travel very far at all, I’m limited to day trips only and maybe an overnighter here and there....going out now to clean up a lousy 2” of fluff..

Archived