New 2018 yamaha ltx dx!

Baylaker

This thing is sweet! I wasn’t really a fan of the grey/blue colour combo, but it grew on me. I originally wanted all black again, but the all black ltx dx didn’t come with the heated seat or medium windshield. I was going to put my tall windshield on it regardless, but really wanted that heated seat. 

I sure did miss the sound of that 4 stroke, happy to be back on a yammer hammer! 

I also took the plate numbers and cut them out since they’re the same blue colour. Took a while cutting them out, but I’m sick of paying $80 for custom numbers. Lol

ECF689DD-4779-4C83-A57E-2AC82CF4B0ED.jpeg

FA0A8243-5C2A-4C58-8271-64A850F21F69.jpeg

4B136A06-4267-461E-9F7B-5C4A36000DA2.jpeg

8BBF371A-D208-430F-A574-13C46CCF7C53.jpeg

Looks sharp.... I can only imagine how time consuming cutting out those numbers must have been. $80 for custom numbers? Next sled shop around. I paid $24 in my choice of font and colour. The Cat dealer in Wauabaushene gave me the number of the local guy who they use. I was in a hurry so I arranged to go to his house. He made them up while I waited.

Not sure but I think Wild Bill now does them as well.

I used this tool, my grandfathers. Made it easier than scissors but definitely still time consuming. More precise than scissors too. I was paying around $50 for font of my choice and 3 different colours which I was fine with, but the lady upped it to $80 this year. Wasn’t too happy, but I never said anything to her. She did all the design work for my truck and trailer for my business and it was reasonable. It cost me $500 to do my 7x14 trailer,  both sides and the rear ramp. yet it was $80 for 2 plate stickers??? She’s getting greedy, so I won’t be going back. I’ll probably always cut out the numbers on new sleds from now on! Much cheaper;)

2CBE8E11-CC71-4667-881C-A6A1361F6347.jpeg

5 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

That 850 did not last long..:icon_dance-cpatch:

No sir it did not..wasn’t for me. 

The 850 is a good sled, lots of power, ride was good and easy to change belts. But the sound of the yamaha four stroke is amazing, I can burn 87 octane, I don’t need oil at $65 a gallon, accessories are way cheaper than doos, belts are way cheaper, the 4 stroke doesn’t stink, the arctic cat chassis is very comparable to the sc5. We all know skidoo has the best rear suspension in the business, but arctic cats isn’t very far behind it imo. 

Not to mention ive always ridden yamaha so it’s what I know, I’ve always hated skidoo, but thought I’d try it out and see what all the hype was about...my buddies kept bugging me to switch too. I hate learning a new product, I know nothing about skidoo. But hey, I tried it and now I know. Yamaha is for me, not skidoo.

2 hours ago, Baylaker said:

The 850 is a good sled, lots of power, ride was good and easy to change belts. But the sound of the yamaha four stroke is amazing, I can burn 87 octane, I don’t need oil at $65 a gallon, accessories are way cheaper than doos, belts are way cheaper, the 4 stroke doesn’t stink, the arctic cat chassis is very comparable to the sc5. We all know skidoo has the best rear suspension in the business, but arctic cats isn’t very far behind it imo. 

Not to mention ive always ridden yamaha so it’s what I know, I’ve always hated skidoo, but thought I’d try it out and see what all the hype was about...my buddies kept bugging me to switch too. I hate learning a new product, I know nothing about skidoo. But hey, I tried it and now I know. Yamaha is for me, not skidoo.

That sounds like what I would likely say if I bought another manufacture sled....I always think of what riding another chassis would be like, but I like to go over & fix my own sleds, and I know CAT, so I go with CAT when the time comes for a new ride!

Besides, all the manufactures now a days offer some great sleds, I do not think there are any bad choices anymore....but still like to have a bit of brand bias fun.   

Wow that is brave to switch after a few rides. Yamaha is a nice looking sled though and there engines are best in buz no doubt. I miss sound of three cylinder 2 stroke. 

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

Wow that is brave to switch after a few rides. Yamaha is a nice looking sled though and there engines are best in buz no doubt. I miss sound of three cylinder 2 stroke. 

I had a 2016 ltx dx and it was awesome! No regrets on the switch, I knew pretty well right away. Engines are definitely the best in the business! 

5 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

I had a 2016 ltx dx and it was awesome! No regrets on the switch, I knew pretty well right away. Engines are definitely the best in the business! 

Just saying not many would sell or trade a sled after a few rides. I am very careful what I buy because I keep sleds for 6 to 8 years on average, depending on miles. 

4 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Just saying not many would sell or trade a sled after a few rides. I am very careful what I buy because I keep sleds for 6 to 8 years on average, depending on miles. 

I got all my money back so it was a lot easier...

Great choice on the dx, nice comfortable trail suspension sled... 

7 hours ago, Baylaker said:

This thing is sweet! I wasn’t really a fan of the grey/blue colour combo, but it grew on me. I originally wanted all black again, but the all black ltx dx didn’t come with the heated seat or medium windshield. I was going to put my tall windshield on it regardless, but really wanted that heated seat. 

I sure did miss the sound of that 4 stroke, happy to be back on a yammer hammer! 

I also took the plate numbers and cut them out since they’re the same blue colour. Took a while cutting them out, but I’m sick of paying $80 for custom numbers. Lol

ECF689DD-4779-4C83-A57E-2AC82CF4B0ED.jpeg

FA0A8243-5C2A-4C58-8271-64A850F21F69.jpeg

4B136A06-4267-461E-9F7B-5C4A36000DA2.jpeg

8BBF371A-D208-430F-A574-13C46CCF7C53.jpeg

Nice sled handles great. Got the 2017 black with orange accents not growing on me so I'm going to change graphics to the 2018 viper l tx all blacked out new seat and spindles.

i like the lines & over-all look of the Yamaha too ,,, How does Yamahas suspension compare to BRP's X-package suspensions ?

nice ride, thanks for sharing !

cheers

1 hour ago, Fabio said:

Great choice on the dx, nice comfortable trail suspension sled... 

They’re very nice!

1 hour ago, tinman said:

Nice sled handles great. Got the 2017 black with orange accents not growing on me so I'm going to change graphics to the 2018 viper l tx all blacked out new seat and spindles.

I wanted all black but they don’t offer the heated seat with the ltx dx in black for 2018, which is weird. Orange just isn’t yamaha imo.

38 minutes ago, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

i like the lines & over-all look of the Yamaha too ,,, How does Yamahas suspension compare to BRP's X-package suspensions ?

nice ride, thanks for sharing !

cheers

The x package rides pretty nice, I put over 5000kms on my old ltx dx and loved every second of it. I only put on 432kms on the 850, so I can’t really give too much of a comparison other than it does ride nice lol. I’m sure they can soak up big bumps. The cat/viper front and rear suspensions have more travel than the skidoos though. You really don’t even have to touch the suspension on the ltx dx, it’s trail ready! A very plush ride for all day comfort! I was never sore on my viper once, which is just one more reason why I went back to the deluxe model.

4 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

I think it’s great that many people here like the looks etc because it is 2/3 Cat after all! Lol 

It’s all about the heart! I think it’s very good for both companies. Yamaha gets a wicked suspension and cat gets the best engine in the biz! Win win!! Makes for a very fun and super reliable sled!

29 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

It’s all about the heart! I think it’s very good for both companies. Yamaha gets a wicked suspension and cat gets the best engine in the biz! Win win!! Makes for a very fun and super reliable sled!

I would defiantly take a look at cat Yamaha again, when I don't need a two up sled. Grand touring Extra seat comes in handy when someone breaks down though. 

5 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I would defiantly take a look at cat Yamaha again, when I don't need a two up sled. Grand touring Extra seat comes in handy when someone breaks down though. 

There’s enough room on the yamacat seat for 2. Girlfriend and I tested it out today...

Archived