Next weekend, willing to drive to get to good conditions

Puggz

Yes, the weather suxs.  The rain this week decimated all trails south.  Lets rebel.  I say we plan an armada of southerners going north this coming weekend. 

Look, we've spend a bunch on this sport and were not going to take it.  I'd be more than happy to arrange a trip north..   Conditions are still good out of Iroquois fall or Cochran. 

I'm willing to head up Thursday evening... 3 days of epic snow. 

PM if interested.  If I can get enough interest I'll start reserving rooms.

I would be willing,   Dave

705 3304757 , text me

We are trying for a fri morn take off from Muskoka 

Heading to Dubreuilville Tuesday riding some where till Sunday 

we will be in dub Thursday night, through Monday am 1/18-1/22. I believe ac/ya and crew are coming up too. ski

5 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

we will be in dub Thursday night, through Monday am 1/18-1/22. I believe ac/ya and crew are coming up too. ski

Cool we are coming back to Dubreuilville Saturday afternoon 

Is the trail still closed between Dubreuilville and Hornepayne? If so, is there enough riding south of the closure to fill three days of riding?

St Anne du Lac. Quebec.  Same trailering time if not less. 

5 hours ago, tricky said:

Is the trail still closed between Dubreuilville and Hornepayne? If so, is there enough riding south of the closure to fill three days of riding?

Pretty sure it will be open by Tuesday 

6 hours ago, tricky said:

Read the post on here by Matt17, the Hornepayne groomer driver .... last page ....

looks like you can ride from the soo to wawa, to dub, to hornepayne, hearst and points east, right now. Algoma, and the corridor du nord are shaping up nicely. wont be long and you can run from hearst to longlac, and dub to marathon. they are all close to opening green. Ski

I know we can ride from Searchmont to Hearst now. 

We would have gone to Hearst a couple weeks ago but stopped in Dub because it was so cold. 

Thanks to all for the info regarding Hornepayne, and especially to Matt for the effort and the lost sleep to get us all riding. Not sure where we will get to, but are heading towards Cochrane tomorrow PM for three or four days. Can't wait to exit the GTA and see real Ontario!

9 minutes ago, tricky said:

Thanks to all for the info regarding Hornepayne, and especially to Matt for the effort and the lost sleep to get us all riding. Not sure where we will get to, but are heading towards Cochrane tomorrow PM for three or four days. Can't wait to exit the GTA and see real Ontario!

Trails are mint up here.  Have a good trip

23 hours ago, zoso said:

if you are going to trailer, why not do a qc run, next weekend is their open house.

Fantastic idea!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Puggz said:

Fantastic idea!  Thank you!

I'll be curious to hear how sledding in QC worked for you on the QC free weekend. A few years back, a friend of mine routed through QC on the free weekend on a saddle bag trip, big mistake as the trails were very busy with old sleds putting along. made it very challenging to get to there destination before dinner time, with the limited passing and busy trails.

2 hours ago, tricky said:

We are heading back up to Cochrane Wednesday for a couple days. Hope to see you up there.

15 minutes ago, Nunz said:

We are heading back up to Cochrane Wednesday for a couple days. Hope to see you up there.

Nunz you guys are going back to Cochrane already?!

24 minutes ago, Carm said:

Nunz you guys are going back to Cochrane already?!

Yup Karen wants to ride this week, I’m off Wednesday through Friday. 

10 hours ago, tricky said:

Thanks, I rode about 40 km south yesterday checking and replacing some signs and removing some of the brush that fell onto the trail.  The trail north of town will be posted green today (had changed it to yellow because of too much snow and no operators available to deal with it) its freshly groomed and the operator had lots of snow to work with. and the trail south of town to yellow, not so much because of the trail base but there is some brush that has fallen after being cut by the drag, so yellow it is as a CYA.  More snow coming next weekend it looks like, trails should be mint by then equipment and manpower willing.  

Archived