Dropping at Heyden

J Feces

North of Sault at 17 and 556. I’ve been thru there on way to wawa. Thought I had seen trucks and trailers parked there? Anybody have input on parking at Heyden? Trying to plan trip for next week. Thanks. 

15 hours ago, J Feces said:

North of Sault at 17 and 556. I’ve been thru there on way to wawa. Thought I had seen trucks and trailers parked there? Anybody have input on parking at Heyden? Trying to plan trip for next week. Thanks. 

Skidooboy suggested, if going on to Wawa by trail, you should just trailer to Searchmont and if you really want to start from a place close to Heyden lookup Blueberry Hill Motel and campgrounds. It is about 5 miles farther on Hwy 17 past Heyden. Just go down the big hill to Blueberry Flats and just before you get to the Zone/fuel/hardware you will see on the east side of the road a plowed way back to the motel. 

Great place to stay and ride from. Just ride the trail to connect to the D trail and run north and around east to Searchmont. Just under an hour to Searchmont. Fuel not available in Searchmont. You need to make 135 miles no wrong turns to get to Halfway Haven from Goulais River. 

Hi J, 

Unfortunately, there is no public parking in Heyden.  The only 2 open spots I can identify are a semi-abandoned strip-mall and a school.  Both are private property.  

There is a gas station at the corner of highway 17 and 556.  I am not sure of their parking arrangements. Ac+Ya has provided some helpful solutions.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Thanks guys. We are going to searchmont and drop at the driftwood. Talked to Carl today. Thanks again. 

Archived