Food in Hornepayne

Snomike

Hey guys, anyone know if there is restaurants open in Hornepayne this winter? Doing a day trip from Hearst and wondering about filling the belly. Thanks.

There is Cindy’s which is essentially an indoor “chip stand” about 2 blocks from the trails, the hospital which is right on the trail where the “cafeteria” is quite good and Uncles which is just north of town on the trail. I can be confident in recommending the first two, Cindy’s for burger and fries and hospital for healthier fare, they do a really good salad bar. I have heard uncles is better but was disappointed too many times in the past ...

Cindy's was great last year!!!

cindy's is a great place to stop. good people there too. stopped this summer on the bikes for lunch. it is chips stand, burger, fries, poutine type foods but, good food none the less. ski

17 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

cindy's is a great place to stop. good people there too. stopped this summer on the bikes for lunch. it is chips stand, burger, fries, poutine type foods but, good food none the less. ski

Didn't know you made it to town this summer.  Odds are it was one of the weeks I was out of town.  Must have been a great ride with both our highway and the Dubreuilville ones recently paved.  

For those that remember I believe  one of the cooks currently at Cindy's used to cook at 4 Stevens before it became uncles.  

I believe she cooked at Louie's and craigs place too, if I am not mistaken matt. matt we came up mid week during mid sept, I think you we at school at the time. ride was great! hope to see you soon. we may ride up from dub next week for lunch. is cindys open 7 days? Ski

Where is Cindy's located in relation to the Esso?

Cross the tracks go behind the old "Mall" (snow packed road between mall and tracks), through LCBO parking lot and across the road you will see it 2 story building behind the old "Pit Stop" bar/restaurant old green chip stand trailer out front (they have moved all equipment inside and have tables to eat at) 

Depending on when your trip is we may have a short trail signed and groomed for part of run behind mall.  we just need some more snow as it goes across the playing field so we wait for lots of snow to not mess up the grass (I have a vested interest in this as I also coach the high school soccer team most years and do not like having to do landscaping before practices can start).  But that road is gravel so it is always at least snow packed except for very late in the season.  

19 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

I believe she cooked at Louie's and craigs place too, if I am not mistaken matt. matt we came up mid week during mid sept, I think you we at school at the time. ride was great! hope to see you soon. we may ride up from dub next week for lunch. is cindys open 7 days? Ski

yep open 7days and for breakfast too.  Let me know I had thought about a day trip down to Dubreuillville but my wife is working days so I am limited to about 6hrs because of the fur ball at home.  Going to try and get that trail groomed at least one more time before then either by myself or others not too sure yet.  Trail is in pretty good shape but with the depth of the snow and power issues the Husky was having (from the fouled air filter) I couldn't move quite as much snow as I wanted.  

30 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Where is Cindy's located in relation to the Esso?

if you remember going to the centre inn, when you cross the road, instead of bearing left to go to the front of the centre inn building, go straight, behind the building, perpendicular to the RR tracks. take that to the first cross street, and turn left. go through the first stop sign, cindys is on the right. Ski

23 minutes ago, matt17 said:

yep open 7days and for breakfast too.  Let me know I had thought about a day trip down to Dubreuillville but my wife is working days so I am limited to about 6hrs because of the fur ball at home.  Going to try and get that trail groomed at least one more time before then either by myself or others not too sure yet.  Trail is in pretty good shape but with the depth of the snow and power issues the Husky was having (from the fouled air filter) I couldn't move quite as much snow as I wanted.  

Keep a spare filter with you and swap it out when the other becomes fouled.

Let fouled on dry out in cab and repeat as required.

Known issue with the huskys

I have eaten at both and prefer Cindy's

I ate at Cindy's once in my life last winter.  The chips were dark brown and black and appeared to be cooked in old motor oil.  What a bad first impression.

BP

4 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

The chips were dark brown and black and appeared to be cooked in old motor oil. 

BP

Inspired me to look it up!

5a5d2d83de0ed_cindys.thumb.jpg.292975d7cfb0cb536d5f8341fab7894a.jpg

5a5d2d8c17aaf_cindys02.thumb.jpg.721fe862d074b32de7abf43e332cb4d0.jpg

Hmmm...they should have sprung for Tyvec....that Rona stuff is crap.

53 minutes ago, slomo said:

Hmmm...they should have sprung for Tyvec....that Rona stuff is crap.

Hahaha, I think that is what they put up when the Tyvec wore out.  It is sided now.  That photo is several years old back when the chip stand in the trailer was actually open.  

1 hour ago, matt17 said:

Hahaha, I think that is what they put up when the Tyvec wore out.  It is sided now.  That photo is several years old back when the chip stand in the trailer was actually open.  

I'm surprised no one had them tow away the trailer citing a fire hazard.... it's butt-ugly it is ...... 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the info, it’s greatly appreciated.

Archived