E-tec 2 reliability and Gen 4

signfan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/01/2018 at 2:08 PM, Viperules700 said:

Is injection oil suppose to lubricate new etec's? I am confussed. 

Yes back to the old days. No more ISO. 

On 25/01/2018 at 7:26 PM, zoso said:

600 still has packed bearings, 800 are direct oiled

The new 850 is all oil. The new 650 L is the same. Thats the rumour. 

6 hours ago, Lep said:

The new 850 is all oil. The new 650 L is the same. Thats the rumour. 

Correct.  The 600 also gets the cable-actuated RAVE valves instead of the previous suction/pressure activated setup.  No more sticky exhaust valves or stupid codes.

On 1/18/2018 at 5:14 PM, crispy said:

Widow makers... crazy bikes

As for the 850 info thanks. Certainly interesting to see long life and two stroke mentioned in the same sentence. I wonder how many miles they will go without a build? A friend has 40k kms on his yami 4 stroke... thats nuts

Wife has 65,000 kms and I have 55,000 kms on our 09 1200s. Stilll going strong.

On 1/18/2018 at 6:17 PM, IQ TURBO said:

I know of some 850s with between 15-20,000 kms on them. That's pretty good considering all the etec experts on here say there junk..:rotflmao:. If all else fails i WILL snow check something else. They make new stuff all the time..B):icon_dance-cpatch:

That's awesome, its what I'm looking for since my wife and I ride a lot but what do you do with it with that kind of miles on it. There unsellable. I couldn't give our 1200s away if I tried. A dealer laughed at my friend inquiring about a trade with his 1200 and he had half the miles I have on mine.

If it's worthless, just keep riding it.  I have 2 sleds like that and one that will be worthless even though it has not been rode much.

Archived