oldesledupes

Owen Sound, Wiarton, Tobermory Condtions

Just wondering how the Northern District 9 snow base held up through the thaw?

We had planned to head to Owen Sound/Wiarton next Friday, just wanted to know if they lost everything.

Conditions up there last weekend were amazing.

Thanks!

We still have snow. I'm just a bit north of pike bay and on our lawn we have about a foot of hard packed snow with some fluff on top. I'm guessing the fields and low bushes will have alot of water lying so that's probably the biggest issue but the base is holding up. hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 2018-01-13 at 10:15 AM, Crawdaddy said:

We still have snow. I'm just a bit north of pike bay and on our lawn we have about a foot of hard packed snow with some fluff on top. I'm guessing the fields and low bushes will have alot of water lying so that's probably the biggest issue but the base is holding up. hope this helps.

Thanks so next mild spell hitting next weekend is going to be knife in coffin for a few weeks? Wait and see what happens. Sucks. 

It won't kill the trail base but it will add to more flooded trails. It would take a monsoon to kill the base in the bases in the penninsula bushes. The fields are still flooded. Here's some pics from that tiny bit of yellow near the tub- smooth as glass.

20180114_095613.jpg

20180113_112600.jpg

Edited by Crawdaddy
  • Like 1

So maybe after next warm up spell and fresh snow, could drop in Lions head and ride to tub and back? The gas station there has stage parking available.  

Yea you park in Fernadale and scoot up from there. It's a tour to go from Ferndale to Tobermory and back in a day. It's only 180 or so km but as most people know it's a slower but beautiful trail. 

• Thanks 1

Looks good ,heading up that way  this  weekend :D

1 hour ago, wrightonalan said:

Looks good ,heading up that way  this  weekend :D

Hopefully don't get rained out. Saturday might be ok who knows. Looks like temps will stay down after next Monday. 

11 hours ago, Crawdaddy said:

It won't kill the trail base but it will add to more flooded trails. It would take a monsoon to kill the base in the bases in the penninsula bushes. The fields are still flooded. Here's some pics from that tiny bit of yellow near the tub- smooth as glass.

20180114_095613.jpg

20180113_112600.jpg

Holy crap Crawdaddy.  I had no idea there was still a lot of snow that way.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm looks like I better see if my sister has some room available at her place.  You made my day!