How bad did the weather hurt your area ??

soupkids

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is amazing what just two days of warm weather and some rain can do. It is almost like we never even got any snow yet this year. With the long range forecast showing next to no snow and the fact that every time they suggested we would be getting snow we never got it, I am starting to think we are done for the year before we even really started. Very disappointed as really wanted to get back into this sport after many years away from it, and was very excited and doing research with plans to buy a new sled during the spring buy but it makes no sense to own a snowmobile in this area if you can't ever ride it ):

Put a lot of hours in a groomer getting things going and developing a base over the past few weeks... hope it's not all lost.

Will need to inspect some trails to see just how much damage was done around here.

Looks like by 10am it will start to freeze back up. Yeah, definitely my worst nightmare ever! Lost almost everything here in Fergus. Had close to 2’. Down to a couple inches now. I was just looking at the radar and it looks promising. Looks like we could be back in biz sooner than expected if it holds true 

4C8DFDCD-5BA5-4B44-97CE-55349F0CC5EE.png

Anyone want to buy a couple of sleds?

6 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

Anyone want to buy a couple of sleds?

Don’t go doing something you’ll regret. It’ll be back.

How do you think I feel? I just brought the new sled home yesterday hahahaha 

12 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Don’t go doing something you’ll regret. It’ll be back.

How do you think I feel? I just brought the new sled home yesterday hahahaha 

We know... It's all your fault. :D

Boshkung Lake, Carnarvon.

E9A6C7A4-1A18-46EE-8E2E-C4B6104B0B99.jpeg

We still have snow in the yard. If the idiots stayed off the trails yesterday it won't take long to get going again around here. The trails were hard packed and lots of cold in them. A little snow and should be good to go.

looked at the long term forecast this morning and it was like pouring salt in wounds showing another warmup and rain Jan 20th weekend not sure how my poker rally in stonecliffe is going to go now but not looking good!

I'm pushing 50 and I remember these thaws when I was a kid. I believe yesterdays record high in my area was around +7 back in 1939 so this is nothing new. Today's record high for my area is almost +9 back in 1975. I was 5 years old. Again nothing new.

Looks like Cochrane is getting hit with snow as we speak, leaving work in a couple of hours and driving up this afternoon for the weekend.

10 minutes ago, flash 800 said:

I'm pushing 50 and I remember these thaws when I was a kid. I believe yesterdays record high in my area was around +7 back in 1939 so this is nothing new. Today's record high for my area is almost +9 back in 1975. I was 5 years old. Again nothing new.

I'm pushing 60,this nothing new. What is new is the number of thaws.

4 minutes ago, gtserider said:

I'm pushing 60,this nothing new. What is new is the number of thaws.

Yes and how much snow melts. Last year five major thaws. Grrr

12 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Looks like Cochrane is getting hit with snow as we speak, leaving work in a couple of hours and driving up this afternoon for the weekend.

Let us know how it is Nunz .looks like we are going up in a week or so if i can play sick at work .starting to snow here in bala at work 

Snowing and blowing out of the north here in Carling. No accumulation to speak of yet but they are calling for 2 inches. The temperature was plus 8c at 2:30am and is now -7c. I just finished shovelling up all the slop that fell off the garage roof. Packed like concrete when it hit the ground. My aching back.

Snowing in Sudbury and has been for a bit.

+7 when I went to bed -15 here now.

1 hour ago, Muskoka Man said:

Let us know how it is Nunz .looks like we are going up in a week or so if i can play sick at work .starting to snow here in bala at work 

Will do, I'll post some pics and a report over the weekend.

I know Karen is dying to ride as she is working this weekend, I'm thinking we might be heading back up there on Wednesday again.

Archived