How bad did the weather hurt your area ??

soupkids

Yep.  This blows.   I still havent picked up my sled that I paid for in Dec.  I am going to Quebec the first week of Feb and I have a bad feeling that it will be its maiden voyage.  

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No snow here yet, calling for 4cm. Have over one foot on the ground. As long as it does not rain, a couple of +3-4 days will not hurt anything but the roads. will need a 15 cm dump after the next warm up to see things opening up again in my area. I have no desire to ride right now, from what I have seen there are some nice traps out there. 2 feet of water under what appears to be all snow but is just a skim of ice being insulated by the snow. 

We have about 15 cm since last night. My wife just came from Port Perry and there was barely anything. Seems to just be along Lake Ontario.

Nothing in Carnarvon.

10 minutes ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Sorry, significant accumulation here in Scarberia. 

Why isn't it snowing out of the city?

i think its just lake effect snow .... depends on wind direction & strength 

about 15cm here in pickering 

8 minutes ago, slowbutsure said:

All the snow is in the GTA were the trails are non-existent.   Who is organizing this stuff?  Oh yeah Mother Nature.

The temperature high this weekend is single digits but too much rain will be killer.    Have to stay positive folks.   

This is great. My brother inlaw ives in Toronto. Wonder how he is enjoying shoviling all this snow. He doesn't open a snowblower yet. With the way weather looks I don't want snow this week. Our base is gone anyway. 

On the topics of being ready.

My FIL and a friend trailered to Cochrane ahead of us and I get the phone call the my FIL forgot his helmet.

There is a Yamaha dealer across from Westway (GMAX) and Skidoo dealer nearby as well.  Easier to buy another helmet than ruin the trip.

Good luck.

Went for a ride down C from Mcdougall to Horseshoe lake yesterday afternoon.  Limited alright....  just enough loose snow on the trail for cooling, but many areas were rocks were showing.  Hard on the machine, was wishing i took the wife's machine out instead ;).    Lakes pretty well sheet of ice with a bit of dusting....Another full centimeter of snow this morning...where is the lake effect snow when we want it?!

6 hours ago, sledjunk said:

There is a Yamaha dealer across from Westway (GMAX) and Skidoo dealer nearby as well.  Easier to buy another helmet than ruin the trip.

Good luck.

I brought the helmet with me on my way up.

2 hours ago, snowman said:

Went for a ride down C from Mcdougall to Horseshoe lake yesterday afternoon.  Limited alright....  just enough loose snow on the trail for cooling, but many areas were rocks were showing.  Hard on the machine, was wishing i took the wife's machine out instead ;).    Lakes pretty well sheet of ice with a bit of dusting....Another full centimeter of snow this morning...where is the lake effect snow when we want it?!

Clubs did a great job preserving what was left after the thaw but trails are thin,hoping forecast is wrong for this coming weekend.

Port Carling to Bala area just turned yellow, afternoon of January 16, 2018.  Use to ride there, now Barrie area...hoping they turn yellow too.

On 2018-01-15 at 11:50 AM, revrnd said:

When I was walking the trail yesterday, there was maybe 5 or 6 inches of base (thinning @ the edges). I've been told the 'damage' is even worse further north.

I really hate to say it and I hope they’re wrong...but the upcoming thaw will shut down what’s left. Get your ride in this week fellas, take off work, skip school, divorce the wife if you have too...4 days above 0 with rain 2 of the days. Not good.....

9 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Again, hard to see things turning around. I will be honest, without the Northern Corridor du Nord, and the ability to go up there, im out..

We appreciate the business :-D.  You going to be coming through Hornepayne on a weekend on any of your trips?   Trails are shaping up nicely here, if you are through on the weekend I can try and meet up with you for a ride.  Thats if you don't mind reigning back that 850 so I can keep up.  

With this storm coming on Sunday into Monday it sure is going to ruin what if anything is left.  Add to that 5 days of above seasonal temps.  Not good!!!!

I agree the north is great but its a big drive for anyone in the GTA.  Anyone going up there early next week there calling for a lot of snow.  Have Fun!!

Coming home today from Minden i saw 2 guys at Thunderbridge road riding in the grass with a dusting of snow on it.  Obviously not caring that all of the trails are currently closed.

50 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Again, hard to see things turning around. I will be honest, without the Northern Corridor du Nord, and the ability to go up there, im out..

X2 IQ, couldn't agree any more.

Looks like wasaga up to Penetang and over to cold water just opened up. Heading there Thursday forsure...

My local club just opened "limited".

Good thing, lots of guys riding yesterday and today! 

Heading out tomorrow after work, if anyone local is interested.

1 hour ago, matt17 said:

We appreciate the business :-D.  You going to be coming through Hornepayne on a weekend on any of your trips?   Trails are shaping up nicely here, if you are through on the weekend I can try and meet up with you for a ride.  Thats if you don't mind reigning back that 850 so I can keep up.  

Hoping to!. Ill keep you posted..

37 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

3 years running now of crap weather.. Mrs Iq turbo asked if i was snow checking in the spring..B):rotflmao:

You expecting to get a 2020 model next year? Need a Flux capacitor to pull that off... :rotflmao:

Archived