How bad did the weather hurt your area ??

soupkids

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

I heard big winters will return around 2030-2040...it’s all cycles

Hopefully you are right and we can ride together. Should be semi retired by then. 

I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. My plan was to wait 4 years and pick up a couple of 2 up sleds and get rid of my old girl. If the winters keep this up that won't be happening. Way to much expense to be able to ride for maybe a month a year. 

13 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. My plan was to wait 4 years and pick up a couple of 2 up sleds and get rid of my old girl. If the winters keep this up that won't be happening. Way to much expense to be able to ride for maybe a month a year. 

A month I would be happy with. Give me 5 straight weeks. So far have one good day on trails and at 247 km's for season. Use to average 2000 km's a season no trailing. 

hopefully winter returns and stays for a change. 

just a little bit of water everywhere :)

IMG_2309.JPG

IMG_2331.JPG

IMG_2349.JPG

IMG_2351.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

9 hours ago, Baylaker said:

I heard big winters will return around 2030-2040...it’s all cycles

This is about the time (2039 or so) the federal Liberals say that the budget will be balanced - looks like hell will freeze over! ;)

6 minutes ago, cravesledding said:

Oh Boy looking like another warm up on the weekend in Parry Sound not sure the trails can take anymore of this.

I’m going up on Thursday with a couple buddies to get a quick ride in before the thaw! 

When I was walking the trail yesterday, there was maybe 5 or 6 inches of base (thinning @ the edges). I've been told the 'damage' is even worse further north.

6 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Im not sure by looking at the forecast short term and long term, the south will recoup from this.. And another warm up and rain this weekend. I took my rose coloured glasses off long ago..

Still wearing mine. I have confidence the dire predictions by the weather network are off and accuweather is more in line with 3mm of rain total. 

I am pretty confident that the 158 km I have ridden so far in D5 is it.  It would be much more if not for the DOO DESS failure that destroyed the Saturday ride and the un-preparedness of another buddy on Sunday that wasted the morning.  I don't understand how people can not be ready to go when there were months to prepare.  I guess I need the balls to ride alone.

BP

7 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

I am pretty confident that the 158 km I have ridden so far in D5 is it.  It would be much more if not for the DOO DESS failure that destroyed the Saturday ride and the un-preparedness of another buddy on Sunday that wasted the morning.  I don't understand how people can not be ready to go when there were months to prepare.  I guess I need the balls to ride alone.

BP

Don't go it alone. That's the time for sure that something like the DESS failing or something worse will fail.

I know what you mean about being prepared though. I went riding for the first time this season with a friend of mine a week or so ago. My sleds were ready to go but did have a short delay digging out a bit of snow in front of the trailer. Maybe about 15 minutes. Had a great ride that day. The next morning we were riding early. We had another friend who was supposedly coming up to ride with us but didn't say when. We think he expected us to wait for him even though we had no idea until when. 11:00 and he was still on his way up just getting to Barrie. We had been out for a while by then  His sled was on an open trailer and hadn't been touched since last spring. It was going to be a challenge for him to get to and drag the trailer out. LOTS of digging. He had the battery and the sled had over a foot of snow on it. Mid afternoon he had the sled started. I suspect he was annoyed that we weren't around waiting for him. We took a short cut back to go for a ride with him. He had left for home about 15 minutes before we got back.

looking at the long term forecast for central Michigan (think west of central/southern Ontario, weather coming to the east) after thursday of this week, the next 11 days have 9 over freezing temps for highs. this may end the southern/central riding for our Ontario friends. be prepared to trailer, if you want to ride. your results may vary. Ski

5 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

looking at the long term forecast for central Michigan (think west of central/southern Ontario, weather coming to the east) after thursday of this week, the next 11 days have 9 over freezing temps for highs. this may end the southern/central riding for our Ontario friends. be prepared to trailer, if you want to ride. your results may vary. Ski

Blasphemy.

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

I'm going to remain optimistic... I have seen some very dramatic temperature differences between Windsor and Parry Sound.

Yea right now there showing above freezing temperature but no rain. Actually snow Sunday. Hoping that happens because it looks like we are getting snow now into tomorrow. 

We got 3 cm last night and about 7 cm today  in Oshawa. Still coming down pretty  good. Watching the weather report, it looks like its only snowing in east Toronto and southern Durham Region.  Anybody else getting snow.

33 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Yea right now there showing above freezing temperature but no rain. Actually snow Sunday. Hoping that happens because it looks like we are getting snow now into tomorrow. 

Surprisingly it's been snowing in Toronto for a couple of hours now (south of the airport). I can only hope there's snow coming off of G Bay

It's snowing here now but nothing serious. Seems like we get half an inch or so everyday but no enough to groom. I was hoping we get some good accumulation tomorrow, maybe see some limited trails.

Been snowing here all day, really fine though. Barely an inch. It’ll be gone after the weekend anyways...good thing my snowtrax & go snowmobiling magazines came in today...should give me something to look at for the next few weeks.

Snowing pretty much all day in North York!!?? Teener is up in Kinmount, said now snow as of an hour ago!!

Livin'

Archived