How bad did the weather hurt your area ??

soupkids

If my driveway is any indication of wht happened to our trail we will be starting over.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at Belmont Lake and it is a slush fest. Gonna take some cold temps to tighten it up.

So far there is still a base on the trails here in Eastern Ontario. near the roads they are down to dirt. We have another 16 hours of warm and rain to go. IIf lucky we get out alive with 200 cm of fresh snow covering an inch of ice base. or we could get more rain and warm, less snow and be wiped right out. Looks like district 17 got snow, maybe drive 20 hours to go for a ride. You would only burn 1000 in gas to get there and back, but remember, your permit money goes there so you should be riding those trails.

Done here too. No way we are surviving this. Will take a few weeks to recover no doubt here in D5. Sucks all hard work of volunteers and pre grooming to get a base is out window once again. 

We are down to green grass and dirt.

I’m almost 50 and grew up in some great winters, but I don’t remember having mid season thaws like we do now. I’m referring to SW Ontario. 

Is  my memory shot, or have things changed?

4 minutes ago, lannoc24 said:

We are down to green grass and dirt.

I’m almost 50 and grew up in some great winters, but I don’t remember having mid season thaws like we do now. I’m referring to SW Ontario. 

It seems to me the January thaw has become a regular thing over the past twenty years. I do not recall it happening prior but my memory may be failing me.

56 minutes ago, awsome said:

There is still a base hear around Lanark area but its pouring rain here now ,morning might be different, might be all grass. 

Going to get hit with another 15mm of rain or more before the cold returns, Snow road never closed em on the map I sent an email suggesting they do so. hopefully people stay off until it snows.

Still pouring here.

Pouring here to.

I had the ac on in my car today, thaws I understand, plus 18 in January is friging ridiculous.

i hate this crap

No rain here YET, it is north of me and coming my way soon. Still a good foot of wet snow out there and is now hovering at +6. We may just survive this mess if the cold and the 25cm of snow forecast come in time.

I’m sadly looking at my lawn here in Brantford.  Hope this changes be the weekend. 

The snow at the house in Barrie took a beating today. I hope the trails fared better.

3 hours ago, lannoc24 said:

I am 60 in March.  I grew up in Ellice Township in Perth County.  Your memory is real good.  A January thaw meant that the 4 ft icicles dripped a bit in the sun.  When walking from the barn to the house after milking, your ears were stinging.  In the fields you rode over the tops of the fences from farm to farm.

Your observant.  Something has changed alright.  This is the new normal.  How can anyone deny the climate has changed and is continuing to change. Can't figure out why I spent so much money on a new sled that only has 3500 km after 3 years.

SW Ontario Tillsonburg area total wash out, trails were just getting good for the first time in 3 years, rode 75 miles of fresh groomed trail in the area on Monday night, hard to believe the drastic turn almost overnight, this could be the end of the season down here if its any thing like the past few years, sad days boy!

Got hit hard here, gonna be a while to recover with very little snow in the forecast.

The 2+ feet we had in the front yard is now down to about 6" and still melting...

sad ,real sad  :angry:

40 minutes ago, horshackk04 said:

SW Ontario Tillsonburg area total wash out, trails were just getting good for the first time in 3 years, rode 75 miles of fresh groomed trail in the area on Monday night, hard to believe the drastic turn almost overnight, this could be the end of the season down here if its any thing like the past few years, sad days boy!

Grease up them trailers boys, might need to put some miles on the truck.....sadly usually more on the truck than the sled....

46 minutes ago, Reved said:

The snow at the house in Barrie took a beating today. I hope the trails fared better.

Skiiing at snow valley on Monday, I hope they are able to recover with the snow machines over the weekend.

Not that I ride my area, but man, did the last 24 to 36 hours ever wipe out winter around here.

I'm gonna pick up my dog crap and cut my grass in the morning here in KW

Poring rain here in port Sydney this morn , seems to be some snow left though ,cold coming but it looks like Cochrane is in my future if they get groomers out on the weekend trails will be concrete with no lube ,phoned up to gowganda and it’s not happening there either ,good thing for wisers and coke 

Archived