Saddle Bag Tour

soupkids

On 1/12/2018 at 4:09 PM, Gadgetman said:

You'll enjoy the trip. Suggest you make an effort to use the L123 in one direction or the other. You can see my helmet cam video of it if you google apexltx56. Ensure you stop and get the father and son selfies, I still look at mine, years later...In Florida next week keeping someone else happy, before my saddle bag tour mid Feb.

Is this the one, Gadetman? Looks like some great riding up there, judging by the rest of you vids. Definitely on my bucket list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeSwo44z3fk

3 hours ago, Irv said:

Is this the one, Gadetman? Looks like some great riding up there, judging by the rest of you vids. Definitely on my bucket list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeSwo44z3fk

Yes sir...(But don't tell anyone...) :-)

15 hours ago, tricky said:

Soup,

Sorry to hear that your Northern Corridor trip has been shortened to three riding days, but that might give me the opportunity to meet you, possibly Wednesday evening in Hearst. We (late and mid sixties two gentlemen of distinguished character) are likely doing something similar with Monday and Friday being driving days from/to the GTA, although we usually start out of Sudbury. Are you booking all/any of your accommodation in advance? Companion Hotel Wednesday night? We usually wing it with midweek  accommodations, and haven't had to sleep in a snowbank yet. We do that because some days the miles go by so easily up there, that we cover way more ground than we had planned and are therefore flexible about destinations. If we don't make a plan to hook up, at least keep you eyes open for two not-so-slow old farts on Skidoo 900 aces - one red and one black/yellow. The red one is usually leading because if I lead we usually lose time pulling sleds out of the deep stuff, if you catch my drift.

I'm in for a beer or 10 Wednesday night.

Dennis007 is supposed to meet up with me as well.

I'll send you a pm with my cell.

18 minutes ago, soupkids said:

I'm in for a beer or 10 Wednesday night.

Dennis007 is supposed to meet up with me as well.

I'll send you a pm with my cell.

We also plan on being at the companion Wednesday night 

44 minutes ago, 1049 said:

We also plan on being at the companion Wednesday night 

Looks like it's going to be an OC party on Wednesday 

What's the L155 like ??

L155 is mostly straight roads out in the open.   Only rode it once and that was last winter.  Very fast run.  Be ready for the 90 deg turns.

BP

9 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

L155 is mostly straight roads out in the open.   Only rode it once and that was last winter.  Very fast run.  Be ready for the 90 deg turns.

BP

I'm I better to run the A or L155

I would take L155.

x2

Take it one way and A back or vice versa. 

Soup, L155 and the A are okay, but don't miss 159, 163 or whatever the numbers are on the northern loops between Mattice and Hearst. Found them on  Denis' recommendation originally and now won't miss them.  

11 hours ago, tricky said:

Soup, L155 and the A are okay, but don't miss 159, 163 or whatever the numbers are on the northern loops between Mattice and Hearst. Found them on  Denis' recommendation originally and now won't miss them.  

The plan is to do them on the way to Hearst 

Look for this out on the trails

15160347484901001740017.jpg

15160347986361022821406.jpg

Nice hat!

Report back during your trip when you can. Myself and a buddy will be heading up Thursday night to Cochrane to ride Friday and Saturday and leave Sunday. This will be a first ride up there for the both of us.

47 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Look for this out on the trails

15160347484901001740017.jpg

15160347986361022821406.jpg

No Helmet?????  What a MAN!  :lmao:

Made it to Cochrane.

Rm 119.

I'm not there 121.

Tonight only.

We are in Hearst tonight.

Met up with 1049 and tricky at the companion bar of course.

There actually was a pretty good group of us sledders in the bar tonight.

Lots if laughs and a few beers.

I will post more on our trip when I get home.

The trip so far hasent been without it's adventures.

Archived