Local clubs asking riders to please...............

ZR SLEDHEAD

Sorry but you are preaching to the choir on this forum. The groomer went through my place early last night and trail looked like it was in fine shape to try to weather the upcoming rain since they are still closed. About 90 minutes ago 2 clowns go ripping through past the trail closed signs spinning and swerving as they went. 

You need to get to those guys not us.

31 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Sorry but you are preaching to the choir on this forum. The groomer went through my place early last night and trail looked like it was in fine shape to try to weather the upcoming rain since they are still closed. About 90 minutes ago 2 clowns go ripping through past the trail closed signs spinning and swerving as they went. 

You need to get to those guys not us.

Need police out and hand out fines. Be nice to catch people who don't obey clubs orders to stay off closed trails. 

Most sledders that care about the trails do stay off when it is warm, unless they are on a trip and need to get home. 

Yup luckily it's the end of the week and by Saturday everything should refreeze. Of it was a weekend the trails would be royally screwed

I see on the ITG all the trails from Port Perry to Belleville are now red. They were all yellow this morning. Getting ready for the rain, I guess.

I think we are wasting our time. These are the same riders that ignore that the trails are closed before the season even begins, throw the empties in the bush or field and blow by the groomer and tear up the fresh trail all the while driving on the opposite side of the trail to get to it. SMH.

17 minutes ago, thetorches said:

I see on the ITG all the trails from Port Perry to Belleville are now red. They were all yellow this morning. Getting ready for the rain, I guess.

It's been raining in Toronto for a while now. Meanwhile in Honey Harbour

Capture1.JPG.d5efb01c2439ea3d4e5b36bc0fa84e96.JPG

The ice in front of the Delawana Inn is typically never safe to ride and everyone avoids it. The deep freeze the last couple of weeks saw people running the ice at the Delawana late last week. Personally I still won't trust it since there are other options.

I was coming back from Royal in Guelph to Kitchener around 4:30 pm in the rain and saw guys crossing the trail by the nursery ...sad thing is those trails even with all the snow and cold weather still had not been open yet...

Weather is changing again looks like all rain now into Saturday, which sucks. Snow is going fast at the current temp. Not going to freeze until later Friday. Might be no snow left after this weather event. Why does this always happen last 3 years. Last year same thing happened and we never re opened. Stupid Jan thaw came early again. 

17 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Why does this always happen last 3 years. Last year same thing happened and we never re opened. Stupid Jan thaw came early again.

Jet stream wave moving east as it always does.  The wave must straighten out if there is to ever have trails in D5.  Effect of Climate Change.

Well, it’s a tough call what to do. There is no real base this moment on most snowmobile trails. For me a real base is 2-4” of ice. Some years we have that and then the trails are really strong and stay long up, way longer then the fields. If you have no ice base, the trails are sooner gone then their surroundings. Yes to get an ice base you need to loose snow and get slush....

Archived