A quick shout out of 'Thanks'

Popeye

Just saying thanks to the party of 3 who stopped to help me and the wife out of the ditch in Pefferlaw on Sunday AM. Not sure how we ended up there but we did. Truly appreciate the gesture (so did my lungs).

Nothing worse than the perversity of inanimate objects. It is always great when some sledders stop and make a huge problem vanish in an instant ! :)

43 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

Nothing worse than the perversity of inanimate objects. It is always great when some sledders stop and make a huge problem vanish in an instant ! :)

You are a "Cunning Linguist" :rolleyes:

Glad it all worked out for you... my wife managed to bury her sled a few years ago. I was standing in snow up to my crotch trying to get her sled unburied when a group of guys came down the trail. There were now enough of us that collectively we were able to pick the sled up, turn it around and walk it back out. Kind of restores your faith in people when you hear of people helping others like you just posted.

5 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Most sledders are like that O2. Other walks of life, not so much.

OMG that's so true.  Sad, but true.

Two weeks ago in Niagara two gentlemen were walking down the main road ( due to an unfortunate incident) stopped at a few houses for help.  Not  one person would help!!!  They walked into our store FREEZING!! and asked if they could use our phone to call a cab (cell service is bad within a 3 mile radius at our place) and his batteries were DEAD.  Of course we said yes to the use of the phone. Then, I asked where he needed to go and the hubby and I took them not only to a motel near by, but to a corner store for some munchies and cigarettes.  He was so appreciative and couldn't believe how we would leave our store to look after these two men.  I just said pay it forward.  He said that's so rare anymore.  Do you people sled or were you from up north originally.  My answer :  We are proud to be sledders and we NEVER pass by someone that could need our help.  NEVER EVER.

6 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Most sledders are like that O2. Other walks of life, not so much.

Bikers are very helpful. I came out of a Tims, had picked up a screw in my rear tire. Guy there was a MC member drinking his coffee outside. he approached me and offered help. Offered to get his truck and trailer, bring bike to his garage and repair the flat. Not uncommon for bikers to do such things, even more common than with sledders.

1 hour ago, extreme600 said:

OMG that's so true.  Sad, but true.

Two weeks ago in Niagara two gentlemen were walking down the main road ( due to an unfortunate incident) stopped at a few houses for help.  Not  one person would help!!!  They walked into our store FREEZING!! and asked if they could use our phone to call a cab (cell service is bad within a 3 mile radius at our place) and his batteries were DEAD.  Of course we said yes to the use of the phone. Then, I asked where he needed to go and the hubby and I took them not only to a motel near by, but to a corner store for some munchies and cigarettes.  He was so appreciative and couldn't believe how we would leave our store to look after these two men.  I just said pay it forward.  He said that's so rare anymore.  Do you people sled or were you from up north originally.  My answer :  We are proud to be sledders and we NEVER pass by someone that could need our help.  NEVER EVER.

Good on you extreme600. Up in God's country a person could perish without some help sometimes.

I posted this in February. Broke down last super bowl sunday outside of Wilberforce. Two guys stopped and towed me about 15-20 km's into the Eagle Lake country store. They said if I couldn't find away home to call them and they would take me to a motel. It was sure appreciated.

2 hours ago, zoso said:

Bikers are very helpful. I came out of a Tims, had picked up a screw in my rear tire. Guy there was a MC member drinking his coffee outside. he approached me and offered help. Offered to get his truck and trailer, bring bike to his garage and repair the flat. Not uncommon for bikers to do such things, even more common than with sledders.

For the very short time that I was biking, I didn't experience this but I didn't have or see anyone have any trouble for others to come to the rescue. I wish my back could have been rescued.

I've never passed a stopped sled or dirt bike without checking, and doing all I could.

We helped sort out a stuck sledder last night. 

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

For the very short time that I was biking, I didn't experience this but I didn't have or see anyone have any trouble for others to come to the rescue. I wish my back could have been rescued.

The thing about sledders in trouble is that it can be dangerous, and perhaps even life threatening. A biker usually is on road and can get help easily. helping a sledder in need is a must do thing, and nobody should ever not stop if flagged down.

Archived