I so want this.

zoso

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ohh im liking that pink zone by Renfrew > Ottawa might finally see some yellow and Green connections up here :)

The weather models are in some agreement to this storm, though not quite as much snow as depicted in the above graphic. (A foot of snow is actually not out of the question)  Its a secondary low that will form down in Louisiana/Mississippi and tap into Gulf moisture.  It will form after Wednesdays/Thursday's low that will come out of Kansas/Nebraska area and bring rain to most of our area.

The weather network is now predicting this storm as well, albeit with far less accumulation. I simply am homing for at least 25 cm to bring back what we lose during the one day of rain. If that is the case, the trails will be better than prior to the rain, the swamps may tighten depending on the refreeze period prior to the snow event. This good work out well, but if the snow misses us or this storm brings rain we are done for a while.

It was just above freezing last night, -9 now with a bit of snow.  We only got a tiny bit of drizzle.  Snow coming now, busses cancelled.

Yep same here, just enough drizzle to knock the air out of the snow we got on the weekend.  Nice and cold now and snow falling.  Calling for 20-30cm here.  I think the rain we got will actually help the trail long term.  

We were supposed to get 20-30 cm of snow in Whitby by end of day  Saturday, now just 2-3. This is the second time in two weeks they originally called for over 20 cm of snow here and and out of the 40+ cm we were supposed to get we might get 2-3 if we are lucky. Sucks !

34 minutes ago, matt17 said:

Yep same here, just enough drizzle to knock the air out of the snow we got on the weekend.  Nice and cold now and snow falling.  Calling for 20-30cm here.  I think the rain we got will actually help the trail long term.  

Good because it's not pretty down south here.

8 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Well, so much for that..:banghead:

yup, not gona happen....

it really sucks because I just picked up the new sled today and wont be able to use it until we get more fresh snow. you guys can all blame me...

I blame the guys that were whining that it was too cold to ride. It's better now.

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

it really sucks because I just picked up the new sled today and wont be able to use it until we get more fresh snow. you guys can all blame me...

Okay - :right_on: It's your fault... I took the bullet for last year.

We are defiantly out of luck in D5 and maybe d9 for this weekend. 80 percent of snow is gone, un believable. Even ground is mushy on top today where snow is all gone. 

It’s definitely depressing. I drove to London today and they have more snow than fergus still, but lost at least 1.5’ according to my buddy in aylmer...can’t believe the map was pretty well all yellow south of orillia down to turkey point and all the way west ....unreal. Gona take a lot more snow to bounce back quick from this one. Calling for a boatload of rain tonight as well.

The weatherman can predict rain perfectly, but they cant predict the snow amounts worth a damn, could go either way but not looking good at all. Another year with not enough snow in D5 and D9 time to pack it in and buy a watercraft.

We were off to a great start! Already had more than snow than all of last year. This is our typical January thaw...it’s nothing new...yes it sucks, but there’s plenty of winter left. It’s only 2 days worth of plus temps. Remember last year??? That was a sh!t show! 

2 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

I blame the guys that were whining that it was too cold to ride. It's better now.

LOL, I was happy to ride in -25, cold is where its at, put the windshield up drop the seat add a layer and rock on. I would take a high of -20 every day from dec 1 until march 31 every single year and simply love it.

Still very frustrating just the same.

9 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

We were off to a great start! Already had more than snow than all of last year. This is our typical January thaw...it’s nothing new...yes it sucks, but there’s plenty of winter left. It’s only 2 days worth of plus temps. Remember last year??? That was a sh!t show! 

That's my thinking too. As long as we don't have a week of plus temps in February we should be good. Maybe we will get lucky and it stays good well into March for areas. 

13 minutes ago, vintagecat said:

The weatherman can predict rain perfectly, but they cant predict the snow amounts worth a damn, could go either way but not looking good at all. Another year with not enough snow in D5 and D9 time to pack it in and buy a watercraft.

Buy a quad, I hear they have winter trails....lol

Archived