I so want this.

zoso

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

both TWN and that Ontario Storm Tracker but its a narrow band along the seaway.

I don’t pay much attention to weather long term. Set up for disappointment, so why do it. Take it as it comes. As sledders you’d think we would learn to not get all hyped up about the 14 day forecast and then complain when it doesn’t happen. 

x2

The only weather they get right is yesterday's :wtf:

1 hour ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

I don’t pay much attention to weather long term. Set up for disappointment, so why do it. Take it as it comes. As sledders you’d think we would learn to not get all hyped up about the 14 day forecast and then complain when it doesn’t happen. 

I cannot help it.

Well they did get the rain right and it did wipe everything out so i guess if its bad news they always get it right then by those standards.

Just got this on my phone hoping it is right might still be riding next week: 

sfwarning.JPG

it is snowing right now down here, and looking at the radart should get heavier and be continuous for the next 16 hours. Hoping for 25cm and may see some trails come back to life. The E should open back up with that amount.

the problem will be the wind if it's anything like up here in Arnprior it is snowing lightly here but it's pretty much sideways across the window so without some snow banks on the sides of the trails most of this will accumulate in drifts at the edges of the fields and not much will lay directly on the trails down that way.

11 minutes ago, BruteMan said:

the problem will be the wind if it's anything like up here in Arnprior it is snowing lightly here but it's pretty much sideways across the window so without some snow banks on the sides of the trails most of this will accumulate in drifts at the edges of the fields and not much will lay directly on the trails down that way.

Right now it is coming straight down and pretty heavy. it is accumulating fast. there has already been about 4 cm of accumulation. if this front stalls it could dump a massive amount. New angle for my prayers.

10 hours ago, manotickmike said:

OK, gotta ask... Who's forecasting 20 cm of snow?

(fingers x-ed)

Got about that much up here on the Corridor... :icon_naughty:

2 hours ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

Sad but true

5cm here, and it's stopped snowing. 

Nothing to sled on, but beats looking out a brown fields with lakes in them. 

Just got the call going grooming for the next 12+ Hours in Kemptville will report on conditions when i get back.

We all should be sledding on this beautiful day! Can’t believe I’m sitting at home starring out the window...

37 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

We all should be sledding on this beautiful day! Can’t believe I’m sitting at home starring out the window...

X2

Still looks promising though

https://www.seguin.ca/en/township-services/webcam.aspx

http://www.almaguin.com/wxcurrent/weather.html

http://thebowens.name/

Well kemptville has the snow but we were pushing a lot of water with the drag today hoping it freezes up we did clubhouse to limirick forest and then a104 and the rail line then back to the clubhouse asked to go back out analog tomorrow so I'm stay in in kemptville overnight will post pics from my cell tomorrow for now trials closed but if they setup over the next 2days I think we will be yellow here by tuesday

2 hours ago, BruteMan said:

Well kemptville has the snow but we were pushing a lot of water with the drag today hoping it freezes up we did clubhouse to limirick forest and then a104 and the rail line then back to the clubhouse asked to go back out analog tomorrow so I'm stay in in kemptville overnight will post pics from my cell tomorrow for now trials closed but if they setup over the next 2days I think we will be yellow here by tuesday

Thanks man. Sounds like we may be ok for some riding mid week. I noticed the snow on my property was very dense and compacted nice. The frost must have mostly left the ground during the thaw. My sump has been slowly filling and for the past two months was bone dry so the water is penetrating the ground and the new snow is now insulating that warm ground since it came as the refreeze was taking place and accumulated quickly. I at first thought swamps may benefit from the thaw, but from what I have seen so far is we are friged in regards to getting low lying areas groomed and will have to re pack these swamps again repeatedly with the sleds, overcome the next thaw and low land flooding then repack again and get more snow. The next twist is where we land after 7 more cm of snow during the week and then a thaw and some rain next weekend. At this point I am staying optimistic and certainly prefer the snow over a bare refreeze because railbeds and dryland trails will be rideable at least, and after the brutal rains, that in itself is a miracle. 

-30 this morning. When driving the kid to work I noticed many flooded ditches with running water. One so bad it is flooding a road. i guess so much rain fell and snow melted that the water is moving and will take more to freeze. Groomers will find it very tough to get through all but the high and dry land trails. The waiting game is on, then of course warm again next weekend just when things will get going again. I can only hope they are wrong. What a start.......or end, not sure on that.

2 long days riding and driving the groomer we got stuck today. its wet out there but it should freeze up and i'm not looking at next weekend's weather we did that last week and expected 50+ cm of snow that didn't happen so i'm not believing that rain will happen for now.... 

I made yesterdays album on FB too tired to add todays album its much larger with all the stuck in a swamp photos :) It's open to anyone to view with or without a FB account should be able to see everything here: 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.477169816012847.1073741835.100011594978672&type=1&l=6df405ccda

Added Yesterday's photos and fixed link so anyone can view it with or without a FB account: 

so far so good the rain has pretty much changed to no rain or very little all along the ottawa valley now to small amounts of snow and even down by Kemptville its been pushed from saturday to monday keep doing your snow dance guys and it might miss eastern ontario all together.

Archived