I so want this.

zoso

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, hancop said:

problem is not much snow in forecast for the next two weeks anyways ):

As of right now, no there’s nothing good in the forecast...but that’ll change. It always does

52 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

We were off to a great start! Already had more than snow than all of last year. This is our typical January thaw...it’s nothing new...yes it sucks, but there’s plenty of winter left. It’s only 2 days worth of plus temps. Remember last year??? That was a sh!t show! 

Very true. Vary rare to miss Jan thaw only happens once every 15 year's or so. Hopefully we can re cover and last until mid march. Can't be a repeat of last two years. 

32 minutes ago, hancop said:

problem is not much snow in forecast for the next two weeks anyways ):

Trailer lake effect will come in. I was in Exeter early Jan barely any snow. Last week they had 3 straight days of lake effect trails went from red to yellow to green in about a week. Will happen again when temps drop. 

Dr Doug on TWN says rest of January will be warmer. Not necessarily plus temps, but not frigid cold like it has been. We’ll bounce back....

If we don't really recover meaning I can get 4 more weeks after this mid summer rain storm.  I'm seriously going to consider getting out of the sport.

Last year in mid ontario it was family day we were done.

This rain really sucks:argh:

9 minutes ago, gobills said:

If we don't really recover meaning I can get 4 more weeks after this mid summer rain storm.  I'm seriously going to consider getting out of the sport.

Last year in mid ontario it was family day we were done.

This rain really sucks:argh:

The reality is if we want more than two to three weeks of riding while we live in the south a trailer is the only way. I was spoiled for many years with a 12 week plus winter riding from home, and would be upset if we only got 7 or 8, now my expectations of riding from the driveway have to be lowered to 2 or three.

7 minutes ago, zoso said:

The reality is if we want more than two to three weeks of riding while we live in the south a trailer is the only way. I was spoiled for many years with a 12 week plus winter riding from home, and would be upset if we only got 7 or 8, now my expectations of riding from the driveway have to be lowered to 2 or three.

Move up here man! Seriously though I live in wasaga and if I lived any further south would sell the sled. Two young kids means it would be impossible to get out if I had to drive somewhere in the car on top of my ride.

4 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Move up here man! Seriously though I live in wasaga and if I lived any further south would sell the sled. Two young kids means it would be impossible to get out if I had to drive somewhere in the car on top of my ride.

I lived in Northern Ontario for 12 years, born in Toronto. Now live in district 1.

Approximately where are you in dist 1, I am north west of Perth in dist 6, (snow country) we used to be in dist 1, but were kicked out and shoved into 6

6 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Going to take alot to come out of this one..:banghead:

Yes two years in a row after a great start. We need some new technology that would prevent snow from melting at higher temperatures, if south is going to survive long term. 

5 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

I blame the guys that were whining that it was too cold to ride. It's better now.

I blame it on the whiners in general that detest the cold. Years ago the 'chipmunk' that does the weather on Global was all excited about the thaw & rain that was in the forecast in the next few days. Well we headed for the Corridor & points west for the week. Sitting in our motel room in Geraldton, watching the news & it wasn't pretty in SW Ontario. One segment showed a homeowner in the Chatham area dealing w/ a couple of feet of water in his basement. W/ the large amount of snow blocking runoff, the rainfall was filling people's basements.

So much for thaws & rain during the winter months.  

Just dog $hit in my back yard.  This is a complete start over in D5.  At least 3 weeks, and there will be another thaw so it will never get going.

Top of D9 is our only hope.

Trip booked for Sudbury Gowganda, New Liskeard, Temagami.  Not looking good there either.  Getting tired of D15.

BP

When was the last time we had a good winter storms, not just lake affect? Hard to recall 12" or more of snow.

1 hour ago, GTC said:

Approximately where are you in dist 1, I am north west of Perth in dist 6, (snow country) we used to be in dist 1, but were kicked out and shoved into 6

I am close to the E trail south of smiths falls. Not too far from you.

Rained hard here for about an hour, just a drizzle now and sat says we are done with rain at 2 am, cold and snow to follow, these trails will survive and actually should be pretty good by saturday. Swamps will actually freeze properly now after being packed and rained on, may even see some of them getting a groomer through by mid to late next week. All in all I predict district 1 will have some good riding by tuesday once the groomers get back in action. I think this is a minor setback with a few positive aspects. All of this is predicated on getting the 40cm of snow in the forecast for the next week, and it is imperative we get at least 20 to 25 on fri sat.

Kempville Klub is confident as of 9pm that most of not all of their trail base is still there after the main rain and as long as they do get the 20+ cm on friday night you'll have something to ride on Sunday but it will take a groom to get it all locked in. We are offering to do a overnight groom if the club will allow it they tend to not like us out alone at night incase something happens like the recent 24V blow out on the PB.

7 minutes ago, BruteMan said:

Kempville Klub is confident as of 9pm that most of not all of their trail base is still there after the main rain and as long as they do get the 20+ cm on friday night you'll have something to ride on Sunday but it will take a groom to get it all locked in. We are offering to do a overnight groom if the club will allow it they tend to not like us out alone at night incase something happens like the recent 24V blow out on the PB.

i hope they keep em closed at least all day sat to give the groomers a chance to pack in any new snow we get.....as long as we get new snow...praying.

4 minutes ago, zoso said:

i hope they keep em closed at least all day sat to give the groomers a chance to pack in any new snow we get.....as long as we get new snow...praying.

I'll know more tomorrow night they are hosting a wing night at the club so most of the club will be there to talk and figure out the plans and the snow hopefully will be coming down by then if you like wings and beer pop by and talk with the guys you'll get first hand idea of how it is shaping up :) 

1 hour ago, zoso said:

I am close to the E trail south of smiths falls. Not too far from you.

I know you are fairly new to the area, North of Perth( Snow Road)  usually has a much longer season then south of us. I have seen grass showing in Perth and groomers running in Snow Road( hence the name) I run the groomer out of Perth , if you have any questions about trails and such. I can help, And you are right our trails should have been closed , i sent a e mail to the pres, it should a district decision. 

57 minutes ago, BruteMan said:

I'll know more tomorrow night they are hosting a wing night at the club so most of the club will be there to talk and figure out the plans and the snow hopefully will be coming down by then if you like wings and beer pop by and talk with the guys you'll get first hand idea of how it is shaping up :) 

Where and what time? I have to drive my kid to work and pick her up so I have some time in between that. 

4 minutes ago, GTC said:

I know you are fairly new to the area, North of Perth( Snow Road)  usually has a much longer season then south of us. I have seen grass showing in Perth and groomers running in Snow Road( hence the name) I run the groomer out of Perth , if you have any questions about trails and such. I can help, And you are right our trails should have been closed , i sent a e mail to the pres, it should a district decision. 

Awesome, thanks, and more thanks for grooming the trails.

8 hours ago, zoso said:

Where and what time? I have to drive my kid to work and pick her up so I have some time in between that. 

5pm - 8pm Kemptville Klubhouse is located at 1505 O'Neil Road Kemptville, Ontario K0G 1S0 I will not be there wife doesn't want to drive back to Arnprior in the snowstorm tonight :| 

Archived