ZR 7000 TUNNEL FLARES

thetorches

I remember seeing something about these on here. Who has them and do they work. Went out today and my butt was totally soaked.

My bud put them on his Yamaha badged AC and they worked great.

12 minutes ago, barberch said:

My bud put them on his Yamaha badged AC and they worked great.

:rotflmao:

11 hours ago, thetorches said:

I remember seeing something about these on here. Who has them and do they work. Went out today and my butt was totally soaked.

They do seem to help. 

Also, if you put the outside wheels in the back (the 4 wheel kit) it stops most of the snow from being thrown up and launched by the track. 

The extra bearings taking the load plus no more snowballs thrown at you by the track. 

more importantly, they look good too!

Hmm, I've got the ZR 7000. Nothing extra added to the tunnel and never noticed the seat getting wet. We were out riding yesterday and there was wet snow coming down. After coming out from lunch we had to wipe the seats down since they were now wet but that was it.

What conditions are you riding in that the seat gets wet. Perhaps it's something I should consider.

1 hour ago, AC+YA said:

They do seem to help. 

Also, if you put the outside wheels in the back (the 4 wheel kit) it stops most of the snow from being thrown up and launched by the track. 

The extra bearings taking the load plus no more snowballs thrown at you by the track. 

I had the 4th wheel kit installed.

They come standard on Eltigre and Limited Cat for 2016. These work amazing for stopping the chunks of snow coming off the track and keep your back and bags snow free. also in lower snow conditions the help keep snow in the track

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Hmm, I've got the ZR 7000. Nothing extra added to the tunnel and never noticed the seat getting wet. We were out riding yesterday and there was wet snow coming down. After coming out from lunch we had to wipe the seats down since they were now wet but that was it.

What conditions are you riding in that the seat gets wet. Perhaps it's something I should consider.

You probably ride fairly mild mannered, I would guess a little more aggressive riding would kick up more crap

59da82f171092_20160330_104903deflectors.thumb.jpg.8b7f8ab4f1a2fc9abde63e5564347ba4.jpg59da82e66e261_20161207_130628frontdeflectors.thumb.jpg.d33221ed2489ac4d3498f124b9c4ddf5.jpg

38 minutes ago, Blake G said:

59da82f171092_20160330_104903deflectors.thumb.jpg.8b7f8ab4f1a2fc9abde63e5564347ba4.jpg59da82e66e261_20161207_130628frontdeflectors.thumb.jpg.d33221ed2489ac4d3498f124b9c4ddf5.jpg

What advantages do the front flares provide.

6 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I was riding after the snowfall on Monday. It was snowing and lots of snow getting thrown around. Ordered a set today.

13 minutes ago, thetorches said:

What advantages do the front flares provide.

Warmer for rider. 

4 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Warmer for rider. 

Thanks Blake. Will check them out also.

2 hours ago, BoonerBP said:

They come standard on Eltigre and Limited Cat for 2016. These work amazing for stopping the chunks of snow coming off the track and keep your back and bags snow free. also in lower snow conditions the help keep snow in the track

2 hours ago, Spiderman said:

You probably ride fairly mild mannered, I would guess a little more aggressive riding would kick up more crap

I'll have to take a look... our sleds are ZR7000 El Tigre's and may have them and I just never noticed them. At times we get into some slush, especially last year and never noticed it then either.

6 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I'll have to take a look... our sleds are ZR7000 El Tigre's and may have them and I just never noticed them. At times we get into some slush, especially last year and never noticed it then either.

I was at Cedar Springs motorsports today and there was a new zr 6000 el tigre and it had the tunnel flares installed.

Guess I never thought about my saddle bags which are my Extra Large Size Tunnel Flares. 

6D9353DB-79E5-4BE9-8B8D-8B6C2486C804.jpeg

1 hour ago, AC+YA said:

Guess I never thought about my saddle bags which are my Extra Large Size Tunnel Flares. 

6D9353DB-79E5-4BE9-8B8D-8B6C2486C804.jpeg

I got the same saddle bags for Christmas. Haven't installed yet. 

Archived