WHERE DID YOU RIDE TODAY & CONDITIONS

thetorches

Took the new sled down for a short run to wyevale on the c. Fields are really bad, gonna be toast for sure if we get rained tomorrow. Through the trees 301 was pretty good

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, revrnd said:

Crap E208 out of Ptbo went red. I was keeping an eye on it & maybe try it on Fri'. I was by the staging area last week after picking up the sled & there were several rigs parked there.

Had to look twice there...thought somehow you had gotten yellow boots to complete your outfit....

blizzard.jpg.b757a1f403cd863a99693488f43c0495.jpg

Have fun on that thing!

Rode in the BEAST last night west of Ottawa. Bush is great but fields and sun exposed areas are toast. Will have to close the trails today.  Might be it based on the forecast.. depressing. 

8 hours ago, slomo said:

Had to look twice there...thought somehow you had gotten yellow boots to complete your outfit....

blizzard.jpg.b757a1f403cd863a99693488f43c0495.jpg

Have fun on that thing!

rev....  is that pic photoshopped?  Don't see any lube (snow) on your sliders or on the ski's for that matter. sled looks too clean and no trail pass on the windshield.

What's up with all my queries....haha  have fun....:bluerolleyes::cheers:   Most importantly....no Go Pro on the helmet.

The south just closed up shop! Oh well, at least I can say I got to ride from home this year lol

It's melting quick in a lot of places. I called and spoke to a friend in Port Severn about the snow on the roof of the RV a few days ago and it was well over a foot of fluffy snow. A few hours ago it was down to about 5 or 6 inches. That's out in the open though. If you stick to the bush trails things will likely survive much longer. Roads are going to be tough on the carbides.

Our group rode from Deep River to Barry's Bay taking the B trail and they were excellent for the warm conditions. Trails in Barry's Bay are starting disappear and won't last much longer without cold weather and more snow. 

I ended up renting a sled for three days to complete the RAP.

Jerry

Just returned from a few days riding out of Dorset.   Monday down to Baysville,, over to Bracebridge, up to Port Sydney, to South Portage and across LOB home.  All trails were 9/10 except for one stretch of the D near Bracebridge that I am assuming may have been too icy for the groomer because it had two foot whoops and hasn't had any attention for a while.

Tuesday, ran the lakes over to the Wildlife Forest, got gas, then headed to Whitney.  Great ride up and passed the groomer half way back.  

Yesterday, ran up to Dwight on 76, then 78 to 102, to 101, 77 back into Dwight for gas, then home on LOB again. Trails were showing some rock yesterday and the road running sucked (we didn't know how much was on this route)

Woke this morning to plus temps, fog and a bit of rain.  Lost a lot of snow overnight and this morning.

Hats off to ASC, Tall Pines, Happy Wanderers, Sno Bombers, HGR for some excellent trails.

Cochrane to Temagami today.   Cochrane to Englehart Trails were nicely groomed. A little scarce from  Englehart to New Liskeard. New Liskeard to Temagami excellent.....a little warm today but cooling off for tomorrow’s ride. Ride safe everyone!!

17 minutes ago, lannoc24 said:

Just returned from a few days riding out of Dorset.   Monday down to Baysville,, over to Bracebridge, up to Port Sydney, to South Portage and across LOB home.  All trails were 9/10 except for one stretch of the D near Bracebridge that I am assuming may have been too icy for the groomer because it had two foot whoops and hasn't had any attention for a while.

Tuesday, ran the lakes over to the Wildlife Forest, got gas, then headed to Whitney.  Great ride up and passed the groomer half way back.  

Yesterday, ran up to Dwight on 76, then 78 to 102, to 101, 77 back into Dwight for gas, then home on LOB again. Trails were showing some rock yesterday and the road running sucked (we didn't know how much was on this route)

Woke this morning to plus temps, fog and a bit of rain.  Lost a lot of snow overnight and this morning.

Hats off to ASC, Tall Pines, Happy Wanderers, Sno Bombers, HGR for some excellent trails.

x2 

Had a great ride today with a friend rode out the Seguin to Kearney started at 10 after freezing rain went through then up to Edgewater for a great lunch in their new hall.WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of to Sundridge D123 was great until it ended at a landowner issue D trail was rough but hey that is what these great suspensions are for sucked it up and had fun this is a great club so they must be having a technical issue. then across C104D to Mag ridge runners trail 712 then 711 then the seguin and home just awesome is all I have to say. Thank you to all the great volunteers and not to worry we were very gentle on the throttle to not beat up the trails in the warmer temps

IMG_20180215_161634.jpg

8 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

rev....  is that pic photoshopped?  Don't see any lube (snow) on your sliders or on the ski's for that matter. sled looks too clean and no trail pass on the windshield.

What's up with all my queries....haha  have fun....:bluerolleyes::cheers:   Most importantly....no Go Pro on the helmet.

LOL

Trails were 'wet' but firm. Temp permit was w/ my paperwork (passed muster w/ 2 OPP officers on Mon') & the real permit came today in the mail. Saw a wolf down by Jack's Lake earlier in the ride.

Sweet night ride from port sydney out to Baysville then continued south to the b trail and turned around. Trails were smooth and flat and should be in good shape in morning if the temps drop enough. Happy wanderers groomer was out as well as hgr's i think it went to deerhurst. Going for a good ride tomorrow all day before the rodeo starts. Road runs are aweful now. 

16 hours ago, revrnd said:

LOL

Trails were 'wet' but firm. Temp permit was w/ my paperwork (passed muster w/ 2 OPP officers on Mon') & the real permit came today in the mail. Saw a wolf down by Jack's Lake earlier in the ride.

I was kidding. I know you would not be illegal on the trails. Too bad that most trails are turning red now that you have your Trail Pass. This is the 4th melt down for this winter.

What a bummer.

cheers.

Rode D around port sydney and bsysville today .all good and groomed up .going out at first light in the morn for a few hrs before the circus starts 

20180216_145358.jpg

20180216_123752.jpg

Things were beauty this morn around port sydney and baysville .little light on lube with the fresh groom.did a 160 k run before lunch .next week is not looking promising 

20180217_081529.jpg

20180217_074729.jpg

20180217_091938.jpg

Rode from home today south the estaire, east to hagar, north then west back to home.

160 miles of pretty dam good trail

Groomers were out last night in HGR territory should be a good day! Fresh inch of snow came down last night. We rode to baysville yesterday. Beauty trails south of town. Even the B trail was in good shape! Loving the ZR!

Tossed the sled on the trailer at 6am and left at 6:30 for White lake. Riding by 8am, ran the pole line out to calabogie and the K&P up to Renfrew, back down, buzzed out of calabogie and did a loop  104 105 back into calabogie and then back to white lake taking the southern loop trails and the lake back to the truck Logged about 200km in about 4 hours. Pole line out of white lake was icy with a little lube and bare spots with rocks at the top of hills , got batter about ten km out of town, rest of trails were good, some rough spots here and there, rock hard base with about 2cm of fresh snow on it. Calabogie did not groom last night, not really worth it for one day and such an icy basebut the whitewater snogoers did and the K%P was fast and table top and was better than the calabogie section. I saw no sleds out until I was making my way back, also saw a side by side, and two quads as well as a quad and a sled pulling  toboggans with kids in them. This was on a section of the 103 which is an unplowed road that is groomed. I thought it was risky for the little ones being there are so many loose cannons running the trails nowadays, hope they got home safe. The kids were loving it grinning ear to ear. All in all worth the drive. This area will be wiped out in the next two days so I was glad to have gotten to ride it, the trails in the area are very nice. a little shy on trail numbers at intersections but not too hard to figure out where you are at as they all knda loop back into each other so you really cannot get lost unless you have zero sense of direction. Fun solo ride and now am preparing for the flood with a new sump pump. Did not stop too much but did grab a few pics of the sweet K&P. No cover on the sled as roads were dry here but a little wet up there and sled got some road spray, nothing a hose won't fix.

5a89d7ee0e710_DSCF5631(2).thumb.JPG.530a891916f4eb211a4a51c68f9d1a83.JPG

DSCF5632.thumb.JPG.dbab36eafe037d018146b7c7ae3e1eac.JPGDSCF5633.thumb.JPG.b9da53f08f4c4dbc4d3c47b1b9462a41.JPGDSCF5634.thumb.JPG.e36f0b79e6a768d03e6390ddb90bb0fa.JPGDSCF5635.thumb.JPG.7378456eb737cafe86500e997ff107e7.JPG5a89d7ee0e710_DSCF5631(2).thumb.JPG.530a891916f4eb211a4a51c68f9d1a83.JPG

DSCF5631.JPG

Based out of Windy Lake Motel, Onaping Falls, north Sudbury,  for the weekend and rode trails associated with the Cartier Moose trail - C111D and others. You know you are in the right place -right on the trail, gas, restaurant on site - when the cleaning lady asks "how are the trails?" instead of "do you need any towels?". disclaimer - I received no discounts or other consideration for mentioning Windy Lake Motel - Oscar the restaurant guy won't even tell me where he sources the excellent cake like hamburger buns used to make the home made burgers in the restaurant.  Olympic standard cross country trails 30 yards down the road if your partner likes to ski instead of riding two up.

North of Windy Lake:

5a89e4f637b73_northofwindylake.thumb.JPG.c0d784fe2f2798bb788adb2402572d5a.JPG

South of Windy Lake:

5a89e51d55871_southofwindylake.thumb.JPG.8fa29aea261c4ddd77ff576ad8682ba9.JPG

...the best clouds in Canada....northern Ontario.....I miss them.....

5a89e52f58199_bestclouds.thumb.JPG.47461354334717007c4f6ff5cfe3ff81.JPG

Trail signage was just excellent! Onaping Falls club does a great job. 9 out of 10 conditions on most trails circling north, okay to the south, but south of and around Fairbank Lake to Lively and Chelmsford, thin snow, some snirt, and the sound of gravel on carbides.

Looks like this system will endure for the next few days anyway although some snow would help. Will post longer once I have the time and photos back from drug store.

9 til 3 in Du Ya Wanna, Magnetewan Ridge Runners, and South Seguin. 210 kms of riding delight. Great trails, along with a few unplowed roads between Aspdin, Sprucedale, and Novar.

Morning near the Yearley Comedy Centre.

2018-02-18 17.09.55.jpg

Nice afternoon detour via Magnetawan Ridge Runners 704 and 711.

2018-02-18 17.13.33.jpg

The Seguin became busier as the day progressed. I stopped at the side of the trail to take this shot of some sledders and the concrete supports of the old railway trestle. In the background you can see the vigilant trail patrol officer keeping an eye on me, in case I was a freeloader planning to turn around and make a run for it. I sat there and tantalized him for a minute or two, correctly surmising it was SuperG. We had an enjoyable trailside chat by the warm up building, then I stole his sled.

2018-02-18 17.16.02.jpg

Next stop was the Orrville Bakery. No photos. You guys should all go on a diet. Mine starts when sledding season ends in April.

My last highlight was seeing SouperDave and Ms. SouperDave, flying up Trail 201. I tried to flag them down, but they pretended not to see me.

Thank you to all the hard-working volunteers in D 7 and D 10. Looking forward to more riding when it cools down after Tuesday's spittlefest.

Met up with Paul, aka 09 MXZ in Kinmount. Left around 10 am and rode to Whitney. Fueled up and had some lunch. Arrived bach in Kinmount around 3:15. Varying conditions. Had a great ride. 

Archived