WHERE DID YOU RIDE TODAY & CONDITIONS

thetorches

55 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

We are at Chateau Guay

There goes the neighbourhood :-P

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today my 78 year old neighbor and I rode 165 kms. We ran a loop with an up and down into smiths falls running the E, E105, A9 and a10. The trails were pretty good, fields need some more snow in places, rail bed is great, the A10 is closed and will not open this year due to a major issue in a swamp where the groomer will not get in and out but sleds can easily pass and has been ridden all season when snow has allowed. A few rocks, logs, etc. on the yellow trails but with a little extra caution theyy are fine. One minor puddle in a creek on A9, it seems to be there all the time and other than a little splash, easily passable by both the groomer and sleds. The trails were for the most part not groomed, but smooth, the E was groomed yesterday. left at 1:30 or so -7C sunny, returned at 5:45 in light snow.  We saw about 25 sleds all afternoon, and we were stopped by OPP for a paperwork check, cop was same one that stopped me previously, this time he parked on the road and walked in 100 feet down the trail and was standing just off the trail. he was friendly and polite, as he was last time, we chatted with him for a bit until he became busy with other sleds. Saw several walkers on the trail and made sure we slowed to a crawl as we passed. Stopped and chatted with a lady with a small dog off leash, he did not want to be caught so stopping made sense as the little puppy was loose. Making sure people walking dogs on the multi use feel safe goes a long way in keeping our access on these type of trails. I think it is important to be very aware of pedestrians and know that they have equal access and we are the group at risk of losing our access if we frighten them or their animals. Great day to ride local, and was very happy to not have to trailer out.

All trails in kawartha , Bob Cageon, Buckhorn good to go. Lots of snow. Passed about 20 sleds. Cameron Lake staked. Gas at Ultramar 35/TBR is 1.18

Will be doing Port Perry tomorrow or Sunday. 

Rode with canuck and his crew till my machine died.

Rode 140 km's today. Parked at lot where hwy. 115 and hwy. 35 meet. Rode to Bewdley and was planning on crossing Rice Lake to the E-208 to the E108 and around the lake back to Bewdley. Got about halfway and lost sight of the stake line. Visibility was getting really bad, so I turned around and went back to Bewdley. It was my first time crossing lake so I didn't want to get lost out there. First 5 km's going in to Ganny and the last 5 km's coming back were like an Olympic mogul course. Once out of the Ganny trails were good with a few bumps and icy corners. Fields were great. Came upon groomers two different times. Should be good tomorrow with some new snow. 

Did port sydney to sprucedale .all groomed up and fast .lots of sleds in sprucedale hotel .going to be a busy in the skokes this weekend 

3 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

All trails in kawartha , Bob Cageon, Buckhorn good to go. Lots of snow. Passed about 20 sleds. Cameron Lake staked. Gas at Ultramar 35/TBR is 1.18

Will be doing Port Perry tomorrow or Sunday. 

Hi Ty. There is a guy named John on the PPSC site that is leaving clubhouse at 10 a.m. tomorrow. Anybody that wants to go along can meet him at that time. I think i'll be going out. Arctic cat demo rides are Sunday at PPSC from 10am to 2pm. There's also a barbecue. John will be driving a black hummer with a zr 8000 cat. Let me know if you are going out.

1 hour ago, thetorches said:

Hi Ty. There is a guy named John on the PPSC site that is leaving clubhouse at 10 a.m. tomorrow. Anybody that wants to go along can meet him at that time. I think i'll be going out. Arctic cat demo rides are Sunday at PPSC from 10am to 2pm. There's also a barbecue. John will be driving a black hummer with a zr 8000 cat. Let me know if you are going out.

Hi Terry... thanks for the heads up. I'll be at PPSC around 9am.  I'll look for John.  Is breakfast and lunch still available at the clubhouse? 

Rode with my wife along the Pefferlaw river to Lake Simcoe n up to lagoon city n back via Georgina island. Lots of snow on the lake. We came across only 2 cracks. Thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Will get out again on Sunday. 

36 minutes ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Hi Terry... thanks for the heads up. I'll be at PPSC around 9am.  I'll look for John.  Is breakfast and lunch still available at the clubhouse? 

I'm sure it will be open. It should be real busy tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll make it now. My sister and brother in law invited me to there cottage in Bobcaygeon for the weekend. My other sister and her boyfriend are going also and bringing there sleds. Will be riding up there. Not sure if i'm staying overnight. If not, i'll be in Port on sunday. Sorry Ty. Maybe next week.

1 hour ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Dave will be there cooking up a storm...

Rode Sudbury  to the Wolf Mountain lookout today.  All I can say is F#@#'n BRUTAL!!!!!

5 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Rode Sudbury  to the Wolf Mountain lookout today.  All I can say is F#@#'n BRUTAL!!!!!

Did the ride up last week, and the hill up was the worst that i have rode in many years.......rest of the loop wasn't too bad at our time of ride although they needed more snow...Too many people flocking to Sudbury i guess....

I stayed home today..... Lots of snow to shovel.  Have to do it again and again today. I remember riding in conditions like today..... not fun. Snow sticking to visor and wiping it constantly. Especially when going around turns.

I'll try for tomorrow if the weather is better. 

46 minutes ago, Yamaha Fan said:

I stayed home today..... Lots of snow to shovel.  Have to do it again and again today. I remember riding in conditions like today..... not fun. Snow sticking to visor and wiping it constantly. Especially when going around turns.

I'll try for tomorrow if the weather is better. 

This doesn't sound good. Hopefully the freezing rain is short lived and there isn't much of it.

Freezing rain warning in effect for:

• Newmarket - Georgina - Northern York Region
  • Pickering - Oshawa - Southern Durham Region
  • Uxbridge - Beaverton - Northern Durham Region
  • Vaughan - Richmond Hill - Markham

Freezing rain expected beginning Sunday morning and ending Sunday afternoon.

Another round of snow will develop overnight. Snow will mix with ice pellets and accumulate 2 to 5 cm Sunday morning before changing to freezing rain. Freezing rain will persist for several hours before changing back to light snow Sunday afternoon. Snow will end Sunday evening.

Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery. Slow down driving in slippery conditions. Watch for taillights ahead and maintain a safe following distance. Poor weather conditions may contribute to transportation delays.

Freezing rain warnings are issued when rain falling in sub-zero temperatures creates ice build-up and icy surfaces.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ec.cpio-tempetes-ospc-storms.ec@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

18 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Hope not all of it was that bad

Rode out of the Athens clubhouse in district 1,

first time in the area,  trails in decent shape, new snow will help.

Very little traffic,groomer shed staff very helpful .

v

v

After the last 3 weekend days out Embrun and Cumberland way (LOTS more snow there than just a bit farther west..) and 2 great nights out this week, we stayed local yesterday to attend Osgoode Club's drag race event. 

I'd say there were in excess of 150 sleds there, most I've ever seen in one place in my local riding area. 

Diane enjoying the bounty of one of the food vendors, and the warmth of her new Arctiva suit.

P1000571.JPG

Rode north from home to Bannockburn than ran over to Havelock and back.  Trails were freshly groomed and being first sled on the one north was smooth sailing.  Not many sled out at 7 Am.

Rode from Belmont Lake to Havelock , Marmora , Shannick and Cordova Lake. Rail trail from Marmora North is yellow on guide and is in mint condition as it was grooomed last night. Was green for the last few days. Head scratcher for sure. 

PPSC at 7.40am. Got stuck on a turnaround in snow. Groomer helped me get unstuck.  Thanks a million , he was a huge help. Yayyy for PPSC.

WENT ON A ride on my own north on E108 to Blue heron and back by 9.44am just in time for an Artic Cat demo ride. Those sleds have come a long way... beautiful suspension. Rode the 9000 R, 6000 RR and 6000 ZR. Then freezing rain came in by 11.30 thereabouts. Not fun afterwards. Had burgers, sausages etc.

Fun half day .... thanks to PPSC and Artic Cat for the event and the groomer for awesome trails. They were mint.

Archived