WHERE DID YOU RIDE TODAY & CONDITIONS

thetorches

Rode from Port Perry  clubhouse to other side of Ganaraska forest, and a couple of club trails. There was about 6-8 inches of snow on trails. Port Perry groomed last night. Only 3 or 4 sets of tracks in fresh snow. Pretty awesome. I don't think the Ganny has been groomed in a couple of days. Lots of moguls and lots of snow. Talked to one of PP groomers when I was leaving. He told me some guys were out staking Lake Scugog at that moment.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Terry ... from this week's temperatures it looks like it'sgoing to be slushy. Yesterday was perfect. I  rode from  Sno Voyageurs clubhouse to Wasaga.  Really nice trails. The road running might suffer though as it needed more snow yesterday. 

Cheers.

Well, we rode today in D9 and it was an adventure to say the least.  There's sooooooooooooooooo much snow and drifting it's a workout.  I've never taken so long to put on 100 miles as I did today.  Holy crap.  Trails were all freshly groomed last night  which was obvious in spots where the wind didn't drift.  But where the wind drifted it in.  Holy Sh!t.  I might be getting a divorce after this episode.  LOL  Going to try again tomorrow before the mild spell, which SUCKS!!   Hopefully tomorrow the wind isn't so brutal.  Oh and the snow is heavy too!!!  Next time I'm bringing a shovel!!!  Thanks D9  you guys still rock.  Mother nature is a bitch!!!

2 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Hi Terry ... from this week's temperatures it looks like it'sgoing to be slushy. Yesterday was perfect. I  rode from  Sno Voyageurs clubhouse to Wasaga.  Really nice trails. The road running might suffer though as it needed more snow yesterday. 

Cheers.

Hi Ty. I'm off till thurs. Might go out tomorrow if not to mild. Hopefully we don't lose to much snow during this warm spell.

49 minutes ago, extreme600 said:

Well, we rode today in D9 and it was an adventure to say the least.  There's sooooooooooooooooo much snow and drifting it's a workout.  I've never taken so long to put on 100 miles as I did today.  Holy crap.  Trails were all freshly groomed last night  which was obvious in spots where the wind didn't drift.  But where the wind drifted it in.  Holy Sh!t.  I might be getting a divorce after this episode.  LOL  Going to try again tomorrow before the mild spell, which SUCKS!!   Hopefully tomorrow the wind isn't so brutal.  Oh and the snow is heavy too!!!  Next time I'm bringing a shovel!!!  Thanks D9  you guys still rock.  Mother nature is a bitch!!!

I agree with you that it was a good workout today. Lots of heavy snow.

Rode in the Northumberland Forest today. From GPRSA Clubhouse to Warkworth.

A good 8 - 10 inches of  heavy wet snow. Passed the groomer near Warkworth.

Pic taken at the eastern end of the forest.

20180108_125203.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

Rode in the Northumberland Forest today. From GPRSA Clubhouse to Warkworth.

A good 8 - 10 inches of  heavy wet snow. Passed the groomer near Warkworth.

Pic taken at the eastern end of the forest.

20180108_125203.jpg

Looking good.

Had a great ride tonight.  Uxbridge north and up and around to Sunderland, grabbed gas and back.  Crossed the groomer up near Hwy #7.  Smooth ride home. Couldn’t get the location finder to locate me on the OFSC map though. Thanks Terry your post motivated me to ride tonight before the yellow goes to red this week. 

out for some lake rides yesterday in the parry sound/mckellar area and noticed that grey owl and mckellar lake has just been staked.  Hope that the 804 and 805 will be opened soon...

Rode Lake Simcoe yesterday. Almost to Big Bay Point. Cracks are minimum and about 6-8" of snow. Drilled some holes and 12" of ice at Bear Point.

RR

Sunday was the first ride of the season. Absolutely fantastic conditions. After digging out the 3 foot deep snow in front of the trailer and clearing off the 2 feet of snow from the roof of the trailer it made for a late start to the day. We headed north on C trail to the intersection of B105 and conditions were absolutely great. Especially for a Sunday afternoon. Surprisingly we only saw 50 other sleds on the trails and almost all were in groups of 4 or more. Unfortunately a very large number of those sleds didn't have current trail permits. Their 2017 permits were on the sled still.

Monday we woke up to about 3 or 4 inches of fresh snow and rode from Port Severn to Midland on the C trail. There were a couple of spots that were good (some bumps) but almost the whole ride was great. The old rail bed from Sandhill Road, Waubaushene to Midland was really great. Nice and smooth with fresh snow. I kind of like this mid week riding when the trails are empty.

11 hours ago, slowbutsure said:

Had a great ride tonight.  Uxbridge north and up and around to Sunderland, grabbed gas and back.  Crossed the groomer up near Hwy #7.  Smooth ride home. Couldn’t get the location finder to locate me on the OFSC map though. Thanks Terry your post motivated me to ride tonight before the yellow goes to red this week. 

Your welcome.

Headed out towards wyebridge on the 601/301 to c line. Line was great stopped in elmvale for gas what a crap show the gas station on 27 is, never again! Caught the b back wasaga way and caught up to the groomer on 601. All in all good afternoon getting to know the trails around here.

IMAG0406.jpg

Ran in the Ganny and over to Port Perry clubhouse today. Lots of people out. Loops in the Ganny were so good, I might have to go back tomorrow

5 minutes ago, barberch said:

Ran in the Ganny and over to Port Perry clubhouse today. Lots of people out. Loops in the Ganny were so good, I might have to go back tomorrow

They must have groomed then. I was in there yesterday and there were a lot of moguls. Lots of snow, but very bumpy.

8 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Headed out towards wyebridge on the 601/301 to c line. Line was great stopped in elmvale for gas what a crap show the gas station on 27 is, never again! Caught the b back wasaga way and caught up to the groomer on 601. All in all good afternoon getting to know the trails around here.

IMAG0406.jpg

If you're talking about the gas station right on the corner at the stop light I know what you mean. A bit of road running to get there as well. There is an Esso south of Elmvale on the east side of 27 at Rainbow Valley Road. If you're on the B trail at Rainbow Valley Rd the run east to 27 along the side of the road is usually better than the trip through downtown Elmvale which is usually bare asphalt with a lot more traffic and a bunch of parked cars to contend with. Capture1.JPG.42d2a16ac3bac406e6a48d6ed5cd8788.JPG

Put 60 klicks on E107 this afternoon. Mixed bag, but it's early season w/ mostly powder snow.

10 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

If you're talking about the gas station right on the corner at the stop light I know what you mean. A bit of road running to get there as well. There is an Esso south of Elmvale on the east side of 27 at Rainbow Valley Road. If you're on the B trail at Rainbow Valley Rd the run east to 27 along the side of the road is usually better than the trip through downtown Elmvale which is usually bare asphalt with a lot more traffic and a bunch of parked cars to contend with. Capture1.JPG.42d2a16ac3bac406e6a48d6ed5cd8788.JPG

Thanks I will definitely try that next time. Carbides aren't cheap!

Rode Here! Came back 3 Hours later, Only tracks were mine!  20180109_085619.thumb.jpg.6508e568904fa80f648e19d4e282f26f.jpg20180109_105802.thumb.jpg.da93643f276c462bbe6396c715bb7742.jpg

Last year's gas discussion thread for area east of Wasaga Beach:

Rode C105 today, was beautiful.

Every Time i looked behind me was a beautiful ribbon of snow with only my tracks on it.

The best part, I was in the groomer. 

37 minutes ago, RCR said:

Rode Here! Came back 3 Hours later, Only tracks were mine!  20180109_085619.thumb.jpg.6508e568904fa80f648e19d4e282f26f.jpg20180109_105802.thumb.jpg.da93643f276c462bbe6396c715bb7742.jpg

That's  cool when your the first to leave tracks on a freshly groomed trail.

Rode to work on the top C, and pretty rough.  Rode home the long way on c104d and c101 and both were freshly groomed.  Total 200k right on the nose.  Be nice to have more snow to help fill some dips.

IMG_0829.JPG

Another 100k last night, 20 cm of new snow. Followed the trail signs, and totally lost. Had a blast.

4 hours ago, thetorches said:

They must have groomed then. I was in there yesterday and there were a lot of moguls. Lots of snow, but very bumpy.

I did the loops and they were grooming....

Archived