no start

wrightonalan

I had a no start condition with my 1200 reni ,there was no light,no dash ,nothing .It was a loose ground wire in the right footwell area .Before this happened it was running awesome ,just shut off and next time nothing .Just thought i would post incase this happens to someone else .Other than that it was a awesome weekend of sledding .Trails in the hanover area are in nice shape ,cheers Al

coincidentally i checked my battery terminals yesterday for the precise reason

thanks for sharing 

cheers

11 hours ago, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

coincidentally i checked my battery terminals yesterday for the precise reason

thanks for sharing 

cheers

Make sure to check 10 mm bolt in footwell under the battery tray .

Had a stalling issue and a no start  in the bush last year on a 2011 ski doo 600. Found  out later a zip tie on the handle bar near the steering post was to tight and the wire to the start button was cut thru. No recoil. Would not start with booster pack but started easily with rope on clutch.

26 minutes ago, Running Wild said:

Had a stalling issue and a no start  in the bush last year on a 2011 ski doo 600. Found  out later a zip tie on the handle bar near the steering post was to tight and the wire to the start button was cut thru. No recoil. Would not start with booster pack but started easily with rope on clutch.

Etec east to start on warm clutch. Makes me want to order recoil kit, but emergency strap works for few times I need it. 

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

Etec east to start on warm clutch. Makes me want to order recoil kit, but emergency strap works for few times I need it. 

A group of friends, after having starting problems during that real cold stretch added recoils to their sleds that came without them. One of the guys made a trip to the local doo dealer and picked up 6 recoils. Two of them were Renegade 800's I believe. One of them had managed to kill the starter so all last weekend he had to open the side panel and pull start his sled. He's getting the starter fixed this week.

What's this ?  Starting problems ?

All I ever heard last year when I talked about how to eliminate the problem was:  "My sled always starts."  "This never happens to me."  "My DOO always starts."

BP

my cat starts everyone second pull for last 25 years

no issues

Polaris Switchback gives me trouble starting in the cold

I heard so many people lamenting about starting problems during the cold.... Our 2015 Cat ZR7000's with the Yamaha engines hadn't been started since they were serviced in early November. They sat in the trailer untouched since then. Last weekend I went up apprehensive of their starting based upon everyone else's experiences. First sled turned over a bit slow and the first thought was NO. Took about 3 seconds of turning over and it fired up right away.

The next sled turned over a bit better. Same thing. About 3 seconds and it started right up. Took quite a while for the low coolant temp to shut off but everything was fine.

Most of the issues are because the battery is too small for the job it has to do.  Can't have too much weight you know.

6 hours ago, wrightonalan said:

Make sure to check 10 mm bolt in footwell under the battery tray .

Will check tonight since the weather is co-operating, thanks for the tip !

cheers 

4 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

All I ever heard last year when I talked about how to eliminate the problem was:  "My sled always starts."  "This never happens to me."  "My DOO always starts."

BP

Mine does .... :evil2:

18 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Mine does .... :evil2:

That's because you're you and know all the things to look for and keep on top of... unfair advantage. :D

.... people like me rely on people like you to keep them going for us.

19 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

That's because you're you and know all the things to look for and keep on top of... unfair advantage. :D

.... people like me rely on people like you to keep them going for us.

^^^^^ Yea what he said ^^^^^^^^

cheers 

BP

No issues ever with my 600 etec or 900 ace so far. Etec almost has 10,000 km's. Very happy with etec still beats 900 ace in fuel economy by 10 percent or so, that has me baffled. I do take my sleds into my favourite skidoo dealer for regular service. 

Buddies DOO would not start on Saturday.  Finally got it going and then it failed on the trail.  Got it toed to the road and I picked it up with my trailer and took it to the DOO Dealer.  Another DOO toed in while unloading it.  There were then three in the corner of carnage.

So Saturdays ride was a write off.

10 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Very happy with etec still beats 900 ace in fuel economy by 10 percent or so, that has me baffled. I do take my sleds into my favourite skidoo dealer for regular service. 

The helix angles in the secondary have a big effect on fuel economy.  How the rpm settles down while cruising has a big effect.  All the "lightning fast backshift" tuning keeps the rpm too high.

I got 19.5 mpg imperial on my XF7000 137" on Sunday in the loose snow.  Best yet, and still working on it.  The 4-strokes are not as good anymore when compared to DFI or DSFI.  But the price of oil may be lower.

BP

Buddies DOO would not start on Saturday.  Finally got it going and then it failed on the trail.  Got it toed to the road and I picked it up with my trailer and took it to the DOO Dealer. 

The problem was the DESS post was bad and has been replaced.  He rode it home this morning.  He says "My DOO is over the flu."

BP

12 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

The problem was the DESS post was bad and has been replaced.  He rode it home this morning.  He says "My DOO is over the flu."

BP

cute the dess system is neat but troublesome 

7 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

cute the dess system is neat but troublesome 

Had a 2016 Expedition fail on a customer while riding .... RF Dess post failed.  It's not just the old ones ...

I guess the "ignition switch" with key that I have on all my sleds is just not high tech enough.  I never had a problem that a shot of WD40 didn't cure.

I guess the "ignition switch" with key that I have on all my sleds is just not high tech enough.  I never had a problem that a shot of WD40 didn't cure.

I actually heard about a Polaris ignition switch which was faulty and would with vibration would switch the ignition on and off rapidly and caused 7 motor rebuilds in one season.  The final time the machine was left at the dealer in spring time.  The agreement was that it would be picked up the next fall.  The person bought it in Wawa and lived in SSM.

Over the storage period, the machine was found running.  It had started itself and had run for an unknown period of time and the person who discovered the running sled investigated thinking there was a fire.

Archived