Lake of Bays ATV Club is officially offside

Old Sledder

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a can of worms.

Oh Boy ,had some thoughts earlier in the year about joining but not now,the comments I just read over there are shocking to say the least ,going to be a pissing contest for awhile 

16 minutes ago, Doogirl69 said:

Its the Lake of Bays ATV Club not Baysville.

Yes

Bunch of idiots 

47 minutes ago, Old Sledder said:

Would be nice to see the OFSC chime in. This is sad stuff.

What would you like them to say other than what the club has said already? Just asking? 

The response you will get is " This is a local problem , that the local snowmobile club and District must handle".

4 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

What would you like them to say other than what the club has said already? Just asking? 

The response you will get is " This is a local problem , that the local snowmobile club and District must handle".

Yes  they will bury their head in the sand like they do on all problems 

Sounds like the pres of the atv club says its all crown land and anybody can drive anything they want on the land ,this could turn out bad real fast with our sled clubs just getting things up and ready and those jokers thinking they own everything 

1 hour ago, Muskoka Man said:

Oh Boy ,had some thoughts earlier in the year about joining but not now,the comments I just read over there are shocking to say the least ,going to be a pissing contest for awhile 

Join, the only way to win is from within.

this stems from a change where the ofsc no longer has a land use agreement with the crown. The atvs can ride em and there is nothing we can do. 4x4 trucks or jeeps can run em as well. we have been screwed by the liberal government once again.

26 minutes ago, zoso said:

this stems from a change where the ofsc no longer has a land use agreement with the crown. The atvs can ride em and there is nothing we can do. 4x4 trucks or jeeps can run em as well. we have been screwed by the liberal government once again.

oh boy

I noticed in Quebec that they have trails for sleds and trails for ATV.  Some times we cross or ride a short distance of combined.  Most of the trails were separate which I though was cool. I also noticed how the trails weren't abused by either sleds nor ATV.  Unless I'm blind.  Which.................... who knows, maybe I am.

5 minutes ago, extreme600 said:

oh boy

I noticed in Quebec that they have trails for sleds and trails for ATV.  Some times we cross or ride a short distance of combined.  Most of the trails were separate which I though was cool. I also noticed how the trails weren't abused by either sleds nor ATV.  Unless I'm blind.  Which.................... who knows, maybe I am.

Last time I was in qc, one of our groupo ran up on the atv trail, I had to follow to stop him.

3 minutes ago, zoso said:

Last time I was in qc, one of our groupo ran up on the atv trail, I had to follow to stop him.

LMAO Did the same.  They criss cross every once in a while.  I was going too fast following some crazy man and we ended up on the ATV trail.  Banks were to hard and high to jump back to the right trail too.  Thankfully no ATVers came along.  Ouch

1 hour ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Well they best be contacting the government and get this mess fixed. You are aware that on crown land the OFSC can no longer claim exclusive rights and anyone can ride em, sleds with no pass, quads, 4x4's, yup, anyone. Government no longer signs an lup for exclusive use on crown to the OFSC, and guess what, the OFSC has said and done nothing. Well now the problem is real, and in the north, all those trails will be friged as soon as people realize it. Not to mention, why would anyone that lives way up north buy a pass, now that on crown it cannot be enforced.

6 minutes ago, extreme600 said:

LMAO Did the same.  They criss cross every once in a while.  I was going too fast following some crazy man and we ended up on the ATV trail.  Banks were to hard and high to jump back to the right trail too.  Thankfully no ATVers came along.  Ouch

When we did it, there were no tracks at all and like you say, lucky no quads on it. As you say, the banks were high, we were riding north east out of Ville Marie.

2 hours ago, Fabio said:

Bunch of idiots 

not really, most of what they are grooming is not on a sled trail, and it is legal for them to do it. Why blame them, blame our idiotic leadership at the OFSC and the stupid government in Ontario. This situation was bound to happen, and has been known to me at least for the last six months.

The best way to stop them is to locate the landowners where it runs on the private properties which is the entire northern area of their map, and ask if they have been given a copy of the liability insurance which cproper insurance.overs them. Then point out that they will be sued when an accident happens on their land. I do not think they have 

Once again I say... make the snow machine lic a trail permit. Every licensed machine in province would have valid trail permit. More funding for grooming and trail maintenance. It would require cooperation between mto and ofsc as well as individual snowmobile clubs. MTO would take in funds at licensing and distribute funds as needed. I know crazy eh.....

38 minutes ago, J Feces said:

Once again I say... make the snow machine lic a trail permit. Every licensed machine in province would have valid trail permit. More funding for grooming and trail maintenance. It would require cooperation between mto and ofsc as well as individual snowmobile clubs. MTO would take in funds at licensing and distribute funds as needed. I know crazy eh.....

How does this solve a problem we have with exclusive winter rights on certain areas of crown land?

Might be time for a few spike mats placed in some strategic locations.

One of my biggest beefs is that OFSC and Club $$$ Are being used to fund many bridges and culverts on Crown Land and the ATV and AWD Freeloaders use and abuse them without contributing a dime let alone all the Volunteer time and effort to build and maintain these essential water crossings.

On 2018-01-07 at 6:04 PM, Old Sledder said:

Guys, please log on to Facebook and check out the Baysville ATV Club. They are encouraging ATV Club members to operate their ATV’s on some OFSC trails. 

Suggest you correct the post heading as it appears it may indeed be Lake of Bays ATV Facebook page, not Baysville ATV Club.  Sounds like they are the same group using two names.

Archived