Stratford to Wingham

coolbane

In Milverton area, fields are blown bare.  If you stay south through Mitchell, to Seaforth and then head North, trails will be in better shape.  I cant help you where to park in Stratford, However I think there is a gas station besides the Diner in Sebringville that the trail goes to.  I don't know if they allow trailers or not there though

The trail comes to the gas station in Sebringville through the back yard of Dave's Diner. There's a good sized plowed parking lot behind the diner that usually has a few trucks & trailers parked. I think if you ask permission at the diner it's k to park there.

You are probably better to drive to Mitchell and park behind the GOCO.  

Any updates on the area... also looking to park that area and head somewhere.

Might head to science hill in st Mary’s In  Morn or Westwood hills in beachville _ game day decision. 

Well, launched from a sideroad near Shakespeare this morning. Headed towards St Mary's and did a loop back to Stratford. Trails were generally pretty good and flat with decent base . I particularly appreciated that the clubs flatten the ploughed fields in the fall; without this added effort some of the fields would have been ugly. Given the mini warmup which is coming this week, I'd certainly recommend getting out on these trails while they are still good. 

Today was not a good dayt to introduce my bro to sledding. The cold morning and unrelenting wind across those open fields made it a bit miserable for him. I cut the day short at 100KM and he then went to the bar in New Hamburg to get a brandy inside him to warm up!!

41 minutes ago, coolbane said:

Well, launched from a sideroad near Shakespeare this morning. Headed towards St Mary's and did a loop back to Stratford. Trails were generally pretty good and flat with decent base . I particularly appreciated that the clubs flatten the ploughed fields in the fall; without this added effort some of the fields would have been ugly. Given the mini warmup which is coming this week, I'd certainly recommend getting out on these trails while they are still good. 

Today was not a good dayt to introduce my bro to sledding. The cold morning and unrelenting wind across those open fields made it a bit miserable for him. I cut the day short at 100KM and he then went to the bar in New Hamburg to get a brandy inside him to warm up!!

Nice work by the club.  

Awe heck you have to toughen your brother up.  LOL

2 hours ago, coolbane said:

It saves a pile of wear and tear on the groomer, and operator as well.  Unfortunately OFSC doesnt pay for this.  It is up to the clubs to cover that cost.

Archived