Halfway haven to chapleau..

Turbo Doo

opened from searchmont to halfway too. just need them to open halfway to wawa, and wawa to dub. dub is on way to kaby crossing now, matt in hornepayne has his side done. wont be long and you can run from the soo up, and around. hopefully they can link timmins to chapleau, more sooner than later. sounds like most places need a bit more snow for full on green, and rock/stump/water coverage.

big thanks to all that are doing this, for us to enjoy the winter. Ski

My side isn't completely done.  40k south from town is groomed and in pretty good shape.  Last 20km to the river I just packed the other day, need some more snow in the high ground plantation between the glacial rock deposits and full sun it gets the groomer found every rock when I went through.  I actually hopped on the plowed road for the return trip. No snow to pack and there was no sense in me subjecting myself and the groomer to the abuse on the way back.   

In hindsight I could have got through with the drag but decided it was more important to establish some creek crossings we have not been able to use the past years (used road instead).  Delays opening by a few days but will be a better trail because we will use the road less.  

I see it is green from Sault on thru to Dub. Is chez Gaston still open or is Magpie only place to stay in Dubreilville? Thanks. 

Magpie is the place to go. Chez Gaston was sold as a private residence.

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Magpie is the place to go. Chez Gaston was sold as a private residence.

Sold?

What kind'a putz would buy that old place? :o

2 hours ago, Ox said:

Sold?

What kind'a putz would buy that old place? :o

I hear they are a little different, they even have snowbikes :P 

10 minutes ago, matt17 said:

Just figured it out :D

I do not recall... what chew talkin bout wilis? :poke2:

see what happens when you don't check in before you turn in for the night? the monkeys take the keys, and run the zoo. LOL! nice one Ox! made me laugh. I needed that. :D 

j feces, heyden corners now has a gas bar, not sure you can park there (I have never saw people park there). might be better to call carl at driftwood valley chalets in searchmont, and stage there. easier access, security for trailers/trucks is better. and no worries about fuel by starting there.

Ski

11 hours ago, matt17 said:

... and wear their jammies out in the snow! :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, skidooboy said:

I do not recall... what chew talkin bout wilis? :poke2:

see what happens when you don't check in before you turn in for the night? the monkeys take the keys, and run the zoo. LOL! nice one Ox! made me laugh. I needed that. :D 

j feces, heyden corners now has a gas bar, not sure you can park there (I have never saw people park there). might be better to call carl at driftwood valley chalets in searchmont, and stage there. easier access, security for trailers/trucks is better. and no worries about fuel by starting there.

Ski

Thanks Ski. We are heading into searchmont and dropping at driftwood. Carl sounded great on the phone.  Great advice. Prob spend a night there as well. We are booked in Dub for wed thurs and fri night. Have been wanting to go back and explore some of that country since I was last thru. Can’t wait. 

Archived