Weather......

Turbo Doo

FWIW, so far, Environment Canada's forecast for Huntsville next Thursday doesn't look bad at all, with a high of -8C and periods of snow (UPDATE as of 6 PM today...now predicting high of -3C and periods of snow for next Thursday)....compare that to TWN, which shows a high of +3C and showers (!!!)...really???  How can 2 supposedly professional meteorological services be so wildly different, for the same place and day?  No wonder so many of us are so skeptical about the accuracy of longer-term weather predictions.  Anybody got a dart board???...:-D

FWIW X 2, (according to TWN's 14-day trend), the middle of the following week also looks iffy , showing mild temps. for several days...but that's almost 2 weeks away, so just a "best guess" at this point, and hopefully that will change. 

Cant predict that far out on the weather but a warming trend coming

just ride overtime this weekend and week

yeah I'm off continent next week for work. So really hoping to come back to more snow and open trails. Not rain and warmth. fingers crossed it warms but stays sub zero and white :)

The models are all messed up right now because of the Arctic air and a massive Storm on the east coast. 

We will have a better idea what's to come once Sunday rolls around..

Hey Jeff not sure how I did it but the web cam pic I had posted was live. I deleted it from my post to get rid of it cause delete is my friend LOL and because I didn't know what else I could do.

43 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Hey Jeff not sure how I did it but the web cam pic I had posted was live. I deleted it from my post to get rid of it cause delete is my friend LOL and because I didn't know what else I could do.

Ahhh. No worries... i love the pic though.. freaking awesome...

9 hours ago, irREVerent said:

FWIW, so far, Environment Canada's forecast for Huntsville next Thursday doesn't look bad at all, with a high of -8C and periods of snow (UPDATE as of 6 PM today...now predicting high of -3C and periods of snow for next Thursday)....compare that to TWN, which shows a high of +3C and showers (!!!)...really???  How can 2 supposedly professional meteorological services be so wildly different, for the same place and day?  No wonder so many of us are so skeptical about the accuracy of longer-term weather predictions.  Anybody got a dart board???...:-D

FWIW X 2, (according to TWN's 14-day trend), the middle of the following week also looks iffy , showing mild temps. for several days...but that's almost 2 weeks away, so just a "best guess" at this point, and hopefully that will change. 

I was just about to post the same thing. I don't get it. I thought the weather network used raw weather data FROM Enviroment Canada 

3 hours ago, jow said:

I was just about to post the same thing. I don't get it. I thought the weather network used raw weather data FROM Enviroment Canada 

They do. 

Archived