Looking for a 1 day loop in SW ont.

Puggz

I'm looking for a nice day-ride close to home (Kitchener) for one day this weekend within a 2 hr drive of KW.  Preferably with a decent lunch stop 1/2 way through.  Also willing to join a small group if you're looking (i'll be out solo).

TIA.

P.

1 hour ago, Puggz said:

I'm looking for a nice day-ride close to home (Kitchener) for one day this weekend within a 2 hr drive of KW.  Preferably with a decent lunch stop 1/2 way through.  Also willing to join a small group if you're looking (i'll be out solo).

TIA.

P.

How many kilometres do you want to go and what average speed do you intend to ride?

I'll be riding at the speed limit :-D

I should be good for at least 200km round trip.  What have you got in mind?

I would suggest staging from The King Motel parking lot or arena parking lot in Palmerston. From there I would go north  then head over to Markdale. There's 2 good restaurants and fuel side by side at the south end of town and a spur trail right to them. From there you can go to Owen Sound and loop back down through Chesley and Hanover and back to Palmerston. Lots of spots with good food along the way like Varney and Clifford as well as the airport at Hanover.

Hi Puggz, I would be interested in joining in if that's ok - I sent you a message.

yes for sure!  Where and what time are you thinking?

If you decide to go out on Monday or Tuesday pm me.  We plan on riding that area those days

4 minutes ago, extreme600 said:

If you decide to go out on Monday or Tuesday pm me.  We plan on riding that area those days

Wish I could, working during the week.  Looking at weekend only right now.

4 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Wish I could, working during the week.  Looking at weekend only right now.

We might be in the area on Sunday.  Depends on my work here.

Roger that. PM me and we'll see.  I do want to go out both sat and sun.

Teviotdale truck stop is a good starting place too. It’s centre to many good trails towards kincardine or to Durham or anywhere on a compass. Food and gas to start and finish a ride as well. 

There's been a few good ideas mentioned, but, I was thinking of staging from the parking lot at the Groomer shed just northwest of Shelbourne and then looping to the north.  Leaving 930ish Sat morning.  Does this sound workable?

That works, are you thinking Owen Sound for lunch?  I'm all about the grub when its this cold,...lol

Sounds good, I'll send you a pm.

18 hours ago, snowowl said:

There's been a few good ideas mentioned, but, I was thinking of staging from the parking lot at the Groomer shed just northwest of Shelbourne and then looping to the north.  Leaving 930ish Sat morning.  Does this sound workable?

Info on the groomer shed parking?.

Track down Threadman from Durham, he drives one of those greenie things also, great guy and loves to ride. Total trail knowledge

2 hours ago, Faceman said:

Track down Threadman from Durham, he drives one of those greenie things also, great guy and loves to ride. Total trail knowledge

LOL, thanks. I work in Durham so I'll def. look for him. 

Archived