Uxbridge access

none

Just a question regarding access to H6 --   The ITG indicates the trail starts at Main ST. beside the works yard , but there are posts restricting snowmobile access .Currently there are riders who are going through the adjoining neighborhood and catching the trail somewhere around Barton.   Are the posts permanent ?   The trail here is used by a lot of walkers and I'm sure they don't want snowmobilers there.  I would like to avoid trailering if I can ,as I live real close to Main St.    Any advice ?        

apeXMan should be able to chime in on this.

We lost part of H6 when the new bridge went in and we are not allowed to use it.  We have been in discussions with the town, but access would involve covering the bridge surface to protect the existing surface in the fall, and then remove and store the covering in the spring.  The solution is so far proving too costly, both in manpower and dollars, to be practical.

Thanks guys ,that explains it.  

With more snow ,it will be easier to get around to a good access point.

Waiting for green lines 'tho ; not everyone is .

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-01-03 at 9:02 PM, sledjunk said:

apeXMan should be able to chime in on this.

We lost part of H6 when the new bridge went in and we are not allowed to use it.  We have been in discussions with the town, but access would involve covering the bridge surface to protect the existing surface in the fall, and then remove and store the covering in the spring.  The solution is so far proving too costly, both in manpower and dollars, to be practical.

What would you use to cover the bridge though? 

Archived