Lodgings with trail access in Kingston.

Micar

Wife and I are thinking of stopping in Kingston to visit our daughter on our way to La Cabanon. 

Are there any lodgings with trail access in that area? Assuming the trails are still open down that way when we leave. 

Thanks.

Not sure about Kingston but in Napanee there is a motel called Mastersons just north of the 401 on the right side. The trail goes north out of their parking lot.

Good to know. 

Thanks PLC.

Micah, check the link in my signature.

Thanks Rev

I checked your page, no listing for Kingston and both places in Napanee not recommended!! Great info. 

I will have to look at the map for other towns on the trails.

Micar

8 hours ago, Micar said:

Thanks Rev

I checked your page, no listing for Kingston and both places in Napanee not recommended!! Great info. 

Micar

Just messaged revrnd about the 'not recommended' on this listing - puzzled by this as the motel doesn't fare badly on the on-line review sites. Personally I don't need anything fancy where I stay, price seems right and the trail is less than 50 yards away. There was some 'mention' by the police officer on FS several years ago about this place and the one next to it - did not state what problems were. If anyone else had any info it would be appreciated because I dislike seeing a viable sledding accomodation slagged for past misdeeds etc.

I'm with you Slo, just need a place to lay my head and good parking for the truck and trailer. 

I will check tripadvisor and see what is said and take that with a grain of salt. 

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, Micar said:

Thanks Rev

Micar

The motel in Napanee is rundown to some extent.... if you are looking for parking your trailer, just past the motel on the left is Public Parking and the trail starts across the road. Be careful though....  the trail seems to be mixed use. A few years ago I rode from Napanee to Smiths Falls and there were UTV's, cars, ATV's on the trail. Coming around a corner ...  there were lots of school kids. Hit my brakes really hard...phew. The main problem with that trail system is the dog walkers... lots of poo left on the trail, it was an obstacle course and makes a mess when you run over what you cannot avoid.

In all fairness.... that was in 2013, so I don't know if the trail system has improved and better to ride. There are washrooms along the way and food and gas in Smith's Falls.

Take you chances...  :wtf:

Archived